Time when Staterooms are ready.

moniquet

Usually about 2pm. Lol.....just noticed you have been a member since 2006. Is this your first cruise?

Thanks, it is about our 15th cruise but only cruised with Carnival once before and that was about 8 years ago. I wondered if things have changed.

Edited by moniquet

Most of the ships have a sign on the doors that lead to the hallways and it states 1:30. However each ship can be different. Sometimes it is a bit earlier and other times a bit later. This can also vary with different circumstances happening in your embarkation port that day, ship arriving late, etc. But 1:30 is a good estimate.

Before FTTF, which now I won't sail without, we book so far ahead it is always available, we have dropped our bags off at the cabin before it was ready. They weren't thrilled about it, but it was doable. Have a great cruise!

The past six or seven cruises, there have been crew members at the fire doors. When we approached to enter to drop our stuff off in our cabin, we were stopped. We showed our Platinum cards and were allowed to proceed.

I do feel like Carnival has become stricter with letting people go to their cabins before they are ready.

Before FTTF, which now I won't sail without, we book so far ahead it is always available, we have dropped our bags off at the cabin before it was ready. They weren't thrilled about it, but it was doable. Have a great cruise!

This does happen but it makes an already hard job more difficult, everyone says it just a few bags but alot of people do this.

This does happen but it makes an already hard job more difficult, everyone says it just a few bags but alot of people do this.

Even if the steward was still cleaning the room going in for 30 seconds and putting 1-2 roll on bags in the closet doesn't make their job any harder

80% of the time were in a suite so are able to just drop them off But if we are in a Balcony we've always dropped them off right away with No problems or anyone stopping us at the doors etc

You can't hang out in the room but just dropping the bag so you don't have to lug it around while starting your party or walking around the ship shouldn't be a big deal at all

You'll still get people saying it makes the stewards job harder though lol 🙈🙈

I can see why it would make it harder. First, its an interruption in their "work flow" so to speak. They also have to now clean around your bags not to mention not being sure if the bag was from the person before you or not. Plus, there's 2000 passengers, so everything is multiplied. If one person dropping off bags only delays them for 2 minutes, the 30 people dropping off bags delays them by an hour. There's a reason they ask you to wait until 130. If you want in before then, book a suite or purchase FTTF.

Why do people feel they are special and should be allowed to break the rules? If Carnival says don't drop bags off before a set time, unless you have priority boarding, why can't people follow the rules? A better question is how do these people decide which rules to follow on the ship and which ones to ignore?

Usually there's no announcement. You just have to 'know'.

I have always been told at check in what time the cabins would be ready. I have heard announcements at times, but not every time.

Edited by Who Cares?

Even if the steward was still cleaning the room going in for 30 seconds and putting 1-2 roll on bags in the closet doesn't make their job any harder

80% of the time were in a suite so are able to just drop them off But if we are in a Balcony we've always dropped them off right away with No problems or anyone stopping us at the doors etc

You can't hang out in the room but just dropping the bag so you don't have to lug it around while starting your party or walking around the ship shouldn't be a big deal at all

You'll still get people saying it makes the stewards job harder though lol

Doesn't matter if it makes anyone's job harder or not. One is not supposed to go to their cabin for any reason (except FTTF/Platinum/Diamond) until their cabins are ready. Those are the rules and they are easy to follow.

Edited by Who Cares?

I always get FTTF and I still feel bad dropping my luggage off because it's obviously an inconvenience to the stewards. The hallways are often blocked with cleaning carts, vacuum cleaners and carpet shampoorers. The steward stop work to say hello and to make sure people aren't tripping over their stuff.

I always get FTTF and I still feel bad dropping my luggage off because it's obviously an inconvenience to the stewards. The hallways are often blocked with cleaning carts, vacuum cleaners and carpet shampoorers. The steward stop work to say hello and to make sure people aren't tripping over their stuff.

Agree. Even with FTTF I feel guilty heading to our cabin since folks are working. But CCL offered the FTTF....and a Margarita always helps with the guilt when going to the Lido with no bags. :-)

- JPO

What is the big deal about carrying your bags for a few minutes? Some people must be bring the kitchen sink in their carry-on.

I totally agree. Why do people carry too much stuff or why do they think that they are special so they can do what they want?

Edited by LTS1960

I totally agree. Why do people carry too much stuff or why do they think that they are special so they can do what they want?

Some people need to keep with them items that they do not want to risk being lost or can not wait many hours for; such as medications, personal electronics, etc. Whether someone brings too much stuff or not, I can't say. Just helping to explain an answer to your question.

If Staff let people put items in the room I don't see the problem. Carnival could easily lock out doors if they wanted. I think a lot of new cruisers simply don't realize.

Some people need to keep with them items that they do not want to risk being lost or can not wait many hours for; such as medications, personal electronics, etc. Whether someone brings too much stuff or not, I can't say. Just helping to explain an answer to your question.

If Staff let people put items in the room I don't see the problem. Carnival could easily lock out doors if they wanted. I think a lot of new cruisers simply don't realize.

Do you feel the same way about staff letting people hog deck chairs?

You'll still get people saying it makes the stewards job harder though lol 🙈🙈

We found the same thing on the Dream at the beginning of November. They weren't finished with our rooms, but they didn't mind at all if we dropped off our luggage. It takes up a HUGE amount of space on the lido deck and people block off chairs, etc., so I'd rather you be able to just drop by and drop it off and keep moving. I can appreciate from Carnival's perspective, though, it probably wouldn't stop with that--people would start lingering longer and longer, etc.