Sunshine American Table

Biker Linda

If you find the schedule, please post it.

Thank you,

Linda

I googled it and could only find the existing ships. I had thought there were more but google is your friend and never lies....;) So I think you are safe (or not depending on which side of the isle you are on). For what it is worth, we did AT on our second cruise this year on the Breeze (the first was the old menu). We enjoyed it, although some items on the menu are a bit eclectic....

I just googled and found a write up on the new concept and if I'm reading it correctly, I'll be disappointed. I would like to see a more international menu rather than the same dishes I can get an most restaurants in my local area.

To me, a vacation is about experiencing something different... not the same thing with different scenery. Oh well.

I just googled and found a write up on the new concept and if I'm reading it correctly, I'll be disappointed. I would like to see a more international menu rather than the same dishes I can get an most restaurants in my local area.

To me, a vacation is about experiencing something different... not the same thing with different scenery. Oh well.

My feeling is that it does offer different things (and some traditional as well). As example, I tried 3 new things which I never had before.

My feeling is that it does offer different things (and some traditional as well). As example, I tried 3 new things which I never had before.

True... but for my wife and I, I find that most of the menu items are pretty common for us. Would love to see something like a "staff inspired menu" where the menu is comprised of some American fare but also with dishes inspired by the countries where the servers hail from. It would create a great opportunity to engage your server in some wonderful conversation. I'm a big fan of talking up the staff... I love learning about others and where they hail from... some very interesting stories.

Is it the service that is different or the food itself?

From what I have read on the subject.....both. First, table clothes are removed from the tables. Food changed some. And many items are presented "family style" (such as a large bowl of mashed potatoes placed on the table for everyone to share from with each serving him/herself).

From what I have read on the subject.....both. First, table clothes are removed from the tables. Food changed some. And many items are presented "family style" (such as a large bowl of mashed potatoes placed on the table for everyone to share from with each serving him/herself).

I think I'm seeing the bigger picture now...

To me, this appears to be part of a larger plan that started with the implementation of "specialty dining" as a sort of, "Phase 1". My guess is the final product is a more "budget friendly" experience in the MDR with family style service only with "a al carte" service now becoming a paid option.

The result is more revenue centres aboard the ship.... very smart. I hope this isn't the case but I fear it is. If it is, I applaud their business savvy as it's a well-established method of increasing revenues.... up-selling.

To me, this appears to be part of a larger plan that started with the implementation of "specialty dining" as a sort of, "Phase 1". My guess is the final product is a more "budget friendly" experience in the MDR with family style service only with "a al carte" service now becoming a paid option.

The result is more revenue centres aboard the ship.... very smart. I hope this isn't the case but I fear it is. If it is, I applaud their business savvy as it's a well-established method of increasing revenues.... up-selling.

It's possible. But then they will just become another NCL with completely crappy MDR service and at least 5 pay venues on even their smallest ships.

Ugh NO, not correct. They do not bring out a family style bowl of mashed potatoes to share. In beginning I think they had a concept for some appetizers to b shareable. That had already changed I think before put in place. They had American Table menu on our last Liberty cruise. Although I had misgivings going in, I loved it. There was more selections. Due to outcries they added back in cold soups and several of the desserts. They have different port of call entrees and appetizer each night and a Didja item each night such as frog legs.

Even the nightly pies they added to dessert menu came individual servings.

"Family style": Your description could not be further from the truth. But that usually happens when you are trying to pretend you know something about something that you have never experienced.

Wow, everything on the American Table menu is "a la carte" (notice spelling). The only up-selling listed is if you want a steak or lobster from the steakhouse on the ship. If your "larger plan" was really in effect, then Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina would have be additional charges as well, along with a much longer list of extra charge items on the MDR menu. But, keep looking at the glass as half empty.

Wow, everything on the American Table menu is "a la carte" (notice spelling). The only up-selling listed is if you want a steak or lobster from the steakhouse on the ship. If your "larger plan" was really in effect, then Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina would have be additional charges as well, along with a much longer list of extra charge items on the MDR menu. But, keep looking at the glass as half empty.

True enough and then the ships would be sailing for RCCL

Ugh NO, not correct. They do not bring out a family style bowl of mashed potatoes to share. In beginning I think they had a concept for some appetizers to b shareable. That had already changed I think before put in place. They had American Table menu on our last Liberty cruise. Although I had misgivings going in, I loved it. There was more selections. Due to outcries they added back in cold soups and several of the desserts. They have different port of call entrees and appetizer each night and a Didja item each night such as frog legs.

Even the nightly pies they added to dessert menu came individual servings.

Which is why I stated "based on what I have read". I have yet to be on a ship serving the American Table yet. The Didja items are on non-American Table menus as well.

"Family style": Your description could not be further from the truth. But that usually happens when you are trying to pretend you know something about something that you have never experienced.

What part of "From what I have read" did you not understand? And except for the family style which I guess never took off, I was completely correct on all my other statements.

I don't pretend. I pass along info either from experience or from what I have read from others. Nice try at attempting to belittle me though......Do not pass Go and do not collect $200. :rolleyes: