Just off the Emerald Princes

kywildcatfanone

Just completed our 14th cruise on Princess, the 4 Day Bahamas cruise on the Emerald. Because of the short length of the cruise, we decided to just eat in the buffet and not go to the dining room. We did go to Crown Grill once, and it was good as always.

This was just an option to get away from work for a few days, but as always, we enjoyed the cruise.

Some general observations. The service was good as always, our room steward was wonderful and took good care of us. I think they really misuse MUTS, the don't have many movies going very often, continue to show the same concerts they have been showing for years. I do like that they do some nature scenes instead of leaving it blank, but I think they would use this feature more and better than they currently do. The food was OK/good, but I wish it wasn't so bland, but I get why they cook it that way, have the fit the total audience. And it's subjective, so I'm sure everyone sees it their own way.

The comedian was Steven Scott, and he was really talented.

We had 2 medical issues on the cruise, including a helicopter evacuation. The captain told us last night that the evacuation was successful and that they patient was recovering. Not sure what was the medical issue. Another gentlemen was taken off in an ambulance in Nassau.

We got our Elite welcome kit and pins, but I think we still have one more cruise to complete, we are at 14, but they delivered that to us anyway.

Had a good time as always, and have more FCC's to use in the future.

We got our Elite welcome kit and pins, but I think we still have one more cruise to complete, we are at 14, but they delivered that to us anyway.

Was one of the previous 14 possibly a two cruise combo? We did a cruise that way. Booked as one cruise, however, Princess counted it as two cruises on our loyalty status.

Was one of the previous 14 possibly a two cruise combo? We did a cruise that way. Booked as one cruise, however, Princess counted it as two cruises on our loyalty status.

No, 13 7 day Caribbena cruises, and now this one. I logged into princess.com today and looked, and it's showing my status as Platinum. Odd.

We also just arrived home from a nice 4 day break on the Emerald. We enjoyed almost everything about the cruise, but the entertainment lately is almost non-existent. More and more it is passengers entertaining themselves with endless trivia, quiz show clones, game show clones, etc., etc., all staring the passengers themselves, competing for a cheap bottle of sparkling wine. There are fewer and fewer professionals, i.e., bands, singers, pianists. It used to be that when a show played in the Princess Theater, there was a professional show in Explorers at the same time.

Thanks for the review, we will be leaving in two weeks on a 5 day - just a nice relaxing time before Christmas - we love these cruises! It will be our 15th cruise on Princess - haven't been on the Emerald - so another Grand Class ship to add to our experiences -

Thanks for the review, we will be leaving in two weeks on a 5 day - just a nice relaxing time before Christmas - we love these cruises! It will be our 15th cruise on Princess - haven't been on the Emerald - so another Grand Class ship to add to our experiences -

We were on the Emeral Princess for 4 tenday cruises. We love the ship it's Great. I hope you will to. :)

Tony