Stateroom above Main Show Area

_beachgirl_

Does anyone have experience with sleeping in the stateroom above where they do the main shows? On the Carnival Glory it's called Amber Palace. We didn't choose our stateroom so I'm a bit nervous that we're going to be right above. We're not terribly picky people but I'm worried we'll be kept up to all hours because of the noise.

I'm assuming it will be somewhat sound proof? Or do I just have high hopes.

I've never seen a show in the main showroom of any of the ships end later than 11:30 pm. So unless you plan to go to bed before 11:30 p.m. you should be fine. It's actually a quieter area then the opposite end of the ship where the disco and other clubs that stay open later are located.

Edited by Jana60

Does anyone have experience with sleeping in the stateroom above where they do the main shows? On the Carnival Glory it's called Amber Palace. We didn't choose our stateroom so I'm a bit nervous that we're going to be right above. We're not terribly picky people but I'm worried we'll be kept up to all hours because of the noise.

I'm assuming it will be somewhat sound proof? Or do I just have high hopes.

yes you will hear some of the sounds coming from there during show time and when they practice also.

We're not super early to bed. Probably would normally go between 10:30-11. An extra half hour is not going to kill us. Maybe I'll just have to join the party instead of whining about the noise!

On the one night we're planning to go to bed early for an excursion the next day I'll be sure to bring earplugs or a noise machine. Hopefully that will be enough. Thanks for the help!

Shouldn't be a problem. We book OV cabins under the showroom without much, if any noticeable noise. Gone are the days of two shows every night. Formal nights usually have two production shows, but the remaining nights may only have one show, or none at all.

Edited by Richjoxyz