Juices--what's included, what's extra?

moki'smommy

Can someone fill me in on how juices work? The soda and more package says juices included, but I've read elsewhere that it may not be ALL juices. If I don't have a beverage package, is there a charge if I want V-8 at breakfast?

Just whatever you can tell me will be helpful.

Can someone fill me in on how juices work? The soda and more package says juices included' date=' but I've read elsewhere that it may not be ALL juices. If I don't have a beverage package, is there a charge if I want V-8 at breakfast?

Just whatever you can tell me will be helpful.[/quote']During breakfast hours the only juice with an extra charge is fresh squeezed OJ. I don't know if they carry V-8. If you are at the buffet and don't see a juice you want, ask. They will probably have OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice, prune juice, tomato juice and some others.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Can someone fill me in on how juices work? The soda and more package says juices included' date=' but I've read elsewhere that it may not be ALL juices. If I don't have a beverage package, is there a charge if I want V-8 at breakfast?

Just whatever you can tell me will be helpful.[/quote']

If you are referring to what is available at the Horizon Court, on the Grand last March, the standard offering was orange juice (likely NOT fresh squeezed) but if you wanted something different, all you had to do was request it from one of the wait staff - if they had it, you would get it. In the MDR available juice selections were listed on the breakfast menu.

...VTX-Al

Why not call Princess and ask them?:)

Honestly - this is what cruise bulletin boards are for, to talk and ask about all things cruising. Plus, when you call Princess, you are not guaranteed that you will get a right answer. Some of these people have never been on cruises vs here, most people have cruised.

Lighten up a little. :)

Edited by Coral

Some here have reported that V-8 is available, though i ask for tomato at brekkie.

Be aware that after breakfast there is a charge for tomato juice.

Steve

I'm a wee bit confused help me out here, some say you can have free juices (Tomato etc) for breakfast only the pay for it after that time, but not fresh squeezed orange.

On previous cruises I have used a Soda More package that gets me all of these all day. My confusion is if it is free at breakfast time then why would anyone want to buy a soda more package, just buy the soda. Am I wasting my money buying the card. :confused:

I'm a wee bit confused help me out here, some say you can have free juices (Tomato etc) for breakfast only the pay for it after that time, but not fresh squeezed orange.

On previous cruises I have used a Soda More package that gets me all of these all day. My confusion is if it is free at breakfast time then why would anyone want to buy a soda more package, just buy the soda. Am I wasting my money buying the card. :confused:

I pre-ordered the soda and more for my daughter. My understanding is that in addition to sodas, she can get hot chocolate, shakes (on ships that have an ice cream bar), "mocktails," and at least some juices all day. I think I'm understanding the juice thing...but if juice were the only extra thing with "and more," we'd stick to soda. As it is, I suspect she'll do a shake or mocktail at least once a day. And since I'm used to Celebrity where soda is $8 per day, the Soda and More came in at what I was expecting to pay.

The OJ that is included is what you'd buy at home...from concentrate...it's what most OJ's are made from..fresh squeezed OJ, concentrated for consistency, and water added back....I think it's fine!

Yes I also don't mind drinking this type of OJ. What I really want know is, does anyone know that the juices that people say are available free in the HC at brekkie, the same juices that you buy from a bar using a soda more package?.

If so then I would be inclined to not buy a more package as I drink most juices at brekkie time., Thanks.

Honestly - this is what cruise bulletin boards are for, to talk and ask about all things cruising. Plus, when you call Princess, you are not guaranteed that you will get a right answer. Some of these people have never been on cruises vs here, most people have cruised.

Lighten up a little. :)

And you're guaranteed to get a correct answer here?;) What is there to lighten up about, I made a suggestion, nothing more. Maybe you should lighten up.

I have always ordered tomato juice in the HC during breakfast last on both the Royal and the Caribbean and received it free of charge. You may have to wait for it a little longer than ordering OJ because they always don't have it at the server stands. Though I've found reminding the server we'd be back every day they have some waiting for you when you ask.

Why not call Princess and ask them?:)

And you're guaranteed to get a correct answer here?;) What is there to lighten up about, I made a suggestion, nothing more. Maybe you should lighten up.

One of those times in which if you can't provide an answer you should just not answer at all. Maybe cruise boards are not meant for you if your answer is always to call Princess.

One of those times in which if you can't provide an answer you should just not answer at all. Maybe cruise boards are not meant for you if your answer is always to call Princess.

I really don't need you telling me what is meant for me, but thanks for your advice.:rolleyes:

Now can we go back to the juices please please!

Can I please try again! can someone please confirm if juices are available free at Brekkie in HC, and that you do not have to use a soda more package.

Thanks, waiting in anticipation!:):):)

Ok, I will confirm :). At Breakfast in the Horizon court a waiter will stop by your table after you sit (hopefully soon after you sit) and ask if you want any juice or coffee. He/she will bring you anything they have at no extra charge except for fresh squeezed OJ (not sure which drink package covers this). On the Regal (3 weeks ago) I had OJ (made from concentrate), Apple, Pineapple and Tomato. I know they also had grapefruit. Have no clue about V8 (can't stand that stuff) but its more likely then not....that you will be able to get V8.

The problem with fruit juices can happen after 11:30 when all the breakfast venues are closed. It might be hard to get certain juices because they are simply not nearby once they switch to the lunch stuff in the HC. The bars will obviously have some juices (such as OJ) that they use to make drinks. But again, have no clue about V8 (can't stand that stuff :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Now can we go back to the juices please please!

Can I please try again! can someone please confirm if juices are available free at Brekkie in HC, and that you do not have to use a soda more package.

Thanks, waiting in anticipation!:):):)

Yes. Except for fresh squeezed OJ (which apparently is available at one of the bars as I haven't seen any in the buffet on 19 Princess cruises), all other juices are complementary during breakfast in the DR, from room service or the buffet.

• One DR will be open for breakfast from 7:00 to 9:00 on port days and 7:30 to 9:30 on sea days and the menu typically has orange (from concentrate), apple, prune, tomato and pineapple. Others may be available if you ask.
  • I don't remember the room service hours but they are similar to the DR and a recent menu had orange (from concentrate), apple, prune and tomato. Others may be available if you ask.
  • The buffet will be open for breakfast from 5:00 to 11:30 every day and although a few different juices will be set out in glasses, others may be available if you ask. I have been able to get cranberry juice in the past.

After breakfast, complementary lemonade should be available in the buffet for lunch and dinner.

Hope that helps.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Ok, I will confirm :). At Breakfast in the Horizon court a waiter will stop by your table after you sit (hopefully soon after you sit) and ask if you want any juice or coffee. He/she will bring you anything they have at no extra charge except for fresh squeezed OJ (not sure which drink package covers this). On the Regal (3 weeks ago) I had OJ (made from concentrate), Apple, Pineapple and Tomato. I know they also had grapefruit. Have no clue about V8 (can't stand that stuff) but its more likely then not....that you will be able to get V8.

The problem with fruit juices can happen after 11:30 when all the breakfast venues are closed. It might be hard to get certain juices because they are simply not nearby once they switch to the lunch stuff in the HC. The bars will obviously have some juices (such as OJ) that they use to make drinks. But again, have no clue about V8 (can't stand that stuff :).

Hank

Thank you Hank!! That's exactly what I needed to know. Not too fussed about V8 myself, but the others look ok.

On other cruise lines I have almost always had to order and use the more package to cover a juice as the ones in the buffet were only cordial based.

I will now just purchase the basic soda one, but will get my daughter a more package as she likes mocktails, milkshakes and hot chocolate.:D

Yes. Except for fresh squeezed OJ (which apparently is available at one of the bars as I haven't seen any in the buffet on 19 Princess cruises), all other juices are complementary during breakfast in the DR, from room service or the buffet.

• One DR will be open for breakfast from 7:00 to 9:00 on port days and 7:30 to 9:30 on sea days and the menu typically has orange (from concentrate), apple, prune, tomato and pineapple. Others may be available if you ask.
  • I don't remember the room service hours but they are similar to the DR and a recent menu had orange (from concentrate), apple, prune and tomato. Others may be available if you ask.
  • The buffet will be open for breakfast from 5:00 to 11:30 every day and although a few different juices will be set out in glasses, others may be available if you ask. I have been able to get cranberry juice in the past.

After breakfast, complementary lemonade should be available in the buffet for lunch and dinner.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that helps me as well.:D