Don't want to print documents......

lahlah57

......I want them to mail to me in a lovely folder. I don't like to use up my ink on everything! It is all too much like work. Will they and can they mail it all to me so I feel like I have payed for something and I have!?

Am I the only one? Hey I could be jumping the gun.....maybe they do. :confused:

We got paper docs mailed to us in a pleather pouch 3 years ago for a segment of a Grand Med, but other than that you won't get them. Print just the first page Boarding Pass, and you probably won't even need that.

If you need to change ink cartridges more than one a year.... consider a personal laser. How much is that one set of ink cartridges? It can be more expensive than this laser!

Check this printer out....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-m2835dw-xpress-network-ready-wireless-black-and-white-laser-printer-white-black/8229084.p

I have an older version of this great printer. Save the ink printer for color, but all my black 'n white output goes on the laser.

I know, I know and I agree. I used to love getting the plump envelope with all the fun cruise stuff. I would be so happy going through every item and looking forward to my cruise.

I also remember not pumping my own gas and getting my windows washed and not having to do all the work at the grocery store.

Times have changed and out in the real world customer service is almost gone. The one exception is on a cruise where there is some service still around.

What a joy to get room service and to find your cabin all cleaned. I love the service in the MDR. I guess I will print my own tags and boarding passes and realize how the cruise industry has grown and changed.

Postage has gotten much more expensive and now we have more last minute changes to cabins. I'll take that upgrade please!!

Happy cruising to all

4boysnana

I agree that it used to be so exciting getting a nice fat envelope with all your documents and info about the special nights, the shore excursion booklet, the luggage tags, and everything else. I realize times have changed, and I have no trouble printing up my boarding pass, and I'm definitely not tech challenged, so I carry everything, including a password-locked copy of my passport, in my phone and iPad.

So what I'd really like is to not even have to print up the boarding pass...it's been a while since I've been on Holland America but am returning in a few weeks for a cruise I'm very much looking forward to.

Does anyone know if I can just keep a pdf of my boarding pass and any other documents on my phone? I know I can do this with coupons and offers from other businesses, and they can scan the bar code in phone.

Thanks in advance for any comments on this question.

......I want them to mail to me in a lovely folder. I don't like to use up my ink on everything! It is all too much like work. Will they and can they mail it all to me so I feel like I have payed for something and I have!?

There is lots of things I want...then I get back to reality...

No..you don't need them. Many folks (yes, even nowadays) don't use computers. As long as you have your booking number, you're good to go.

There have been times when we were asked by the Broward Sheriff's at the Port Everglades Checkpoint to show our passport/ID as well as our cruise document. I only print the first page and that is all they care about but do not be so sure you will never have to show it in order to gain access to the cruise terminal.

My memory is we have also been asked to show our docs sometimes at Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in Boston.

No..you don't need them. Many folks (yes, even nowadays) don't use computers. As long as you have your booking number, you're good to go.

I had to show my boarding pass multiple times to get onto the grounds and into the cruise terminal at San Diego both times I cruised from there.

We were on an extensive land tour of Sth America this year and were repeatedly told not to lose our paperwork in our passports. They are still very dependent on it. I was glad I had printed out seat allocations we had paid for on the flight home. They gave us the wrong seats and only because I actually could wave the paper in front of them were they prepared to change it.

Our travel agents print out documents and put them in a folder so I guess plenty of people ask for them.

And yes, actually we do have computers in this country and people do know how to use them. But HA have been sending thick brochures lately so they must feel it is worth the cost.

Sometimes you do need that boarding pass. As others have posted, it can be requested when entering the port in Ft. Lauderdale.

The last time I boarded in Vancouver we needed the printed boarding pass. I saw someone with a copy on his phone, and he wasn't being allowed past whoever was looking at the documents.

My last cruise was a trans-At back to Ft. Lauderdale. The airline required the boarding pass for the cruise since I had only a one-way flight. They needed proof that I was returning to the US before they would let me board.

At many ports - yes you do need to show a boarding pass (the first page) before security will allow you into the port. We have been asked every time at Port Everglades for our boarding pass and passports before being allowed to continue. It is the same in many other ports.

And a travel agent would definitely print these docs for you if you do not have a printer/computer. Or if you just ask.

We always take the printed actual boarding pass (1 page) with us. Yes, sometimes it has come in handy - depends on the Port I guess.

I usually print out the necessary documents, but our TA will automatically do it for us if I have not already printed them. They send it in a nice paper folio. Regardless, they send the folio with some other documents like a copy of our insurance, any perks they provide and information any any other arrangements we may have made through them.

Actually easier to pack in our carryon than the leather, then plethora and then vinyl cases.

I prefer things to be printed....

[YOUTUBE]-jI-6p5p6Q8[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]f_urb9p9p6c[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]rOAiO7Q25Ng[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]Fmle8852VZ0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

Did you call HAL and ask if they would mail them to you?

There was a time when HAL would send you your documents -- for a price. This was while HAL was in the process of changing over to all e-docs.

You could call and ask them to send you your documents. If HAL agrees, don't expect them to come in a folder like HAL does for the World Cruises and segments of the World Cruise.

I'd say about 90% of the time we haven't been asked for a boarding pass to get into a port or into a terminal. If you come into the port in a shuttle bus usually no one is asked for passports or boarding passes, but in a taxi or private car you may be.

OP -- don't forget that you will need to print out luggage tags.
Not if you don't want to. Pier porters will tag your bags.