Cruiseline stocks down big today - Feb 2

DaveOKC

We bought ours many years ago.

Glad we did.

We had it but sold when it hit $40 a few years ago thinking that it could only go down from there:eek: When we cruised in January it was so high it was not worth buying to get $100 OBC. Finally replacing it to get OBC for upcoming cruise and will probably keep this time.

We had it but sold when it hit $40 a few years ago thinking that it could only go down from there:eek: When we cruised in January it was so high it was not worth buying to get $100 OBC. Finally replacing it to get OBC for upcoming cruise and will probably keep this time.

I put mine in an IRA and just forget about it and the $120 dividend.

But we aren't given so many OBC's per 100 shares, are we? So there is no sense in buying, for instance, 200 shares? Except for the dividend, of course.

You get the same amount, no matter how many shares you own (over 100 of course).

But we aren't given so many OBC's per 100 shares, are we? So there is no sense in buying, for instance, 200 shares? Except for the dividend, of course.

Or the capital appreciation.

If all you want is the OBC, 100 shares does the trick.

Or the capital appreciation.

If all you want is the OBC, 100 shares does the trick.

Good point. CCL has been very good to me as an investment, but I sold 90% of my stock awhile back after a nice run up - WISH I had held on to it.

Royal Caribbean reported reduce earnings going forward. Stock down $11.00 right now.

Carnival stock down $3.50

NCL also down about $3.50.

Maybe time to buy some for the stockholder credit!

How many stocks do you need to get any "right now" vacation benefit (OBC's)? Can they be applied to a cruise that is booked, but not paid for in full, or just new bookings?

How many stocks do you need to get any "right now" vacation benefit (OBC's)? Can they be applied to a cruise that is booked, but not paid for in full, or just new bookings?

You need 100 shares. I think you can send the info to HAL up to two weeks prior to your sail date. Therefore, booked cruises as well as those paid in full can receive OBC.

Cruises up to 14 days get $100 regardless of cabin type. Those over 14 nights get $250.

For those of you who own shares, what kind of shipboard credit do you get for a 100 share purchase? Is it dependent on how long the trip is? Can you get shipboard credit more than once a year? I am interested specifically in Carnival Corp.

Many thanks

Cruises up to 14 days get $100 regardless of cabin type. Those over 14 nights get $250.

You can get the credit every cruise you take regardless of how many times you go a year.

You can get the credit every cruise you take regardless of how many times you go a year.

Now that explains why my cruise is only 14-nights ;)

Thanks for the explanation.

Unless they changed it recently, it was 14 or more nights for the $250 stakeholder OBC.

They have not changed it as far as I know... Carnival Corp & PLC benefit is renewed on a yearly basis.. As of now it is good through July of 2016, but it's normally renewed every February..Per stateroom the OBC is:

6 days or less $50

7 to 13 days $100

14 days or more $250

Reservations must be made by Feb. 29, 2016..

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

You can get it many times a year for each cruise.. Just talked to our Broker today.. He said we purchased it in March of 2009 paid $18.24 per share...So far we have collected in OBC's more than $1800 & $560 in dividends on 8 cruises.. Most of our cruises are 14 days or more.. It has paid well for us.. Wish we had bought more at that time..:)

Edited by serendipity1499

I notice an "expert report" dated jan 2 saying buy buy buy and now a month later it's the end of the world.

IF IF i had listened to the "experts" I would not have bought at 34.

Two years ago I got an "expert" report on CCL that went on for pages and never even hardly mentioned the expansion in China/Asia. What kind of "expert" could miss that?

I often wonder what is the exact agenda of the experts? Run it up, take it down, run it up again and repeat?