Oosterdam cabin - should i be worried?

doubleduty

Hi:

We are sailing on the Oosterdam for the first time and as usual before a cruise I start looking through CC to see what I can find. We will be in cabin VE 7004. It is about as far forward as you can get. It used to be a VA cabin (a few years ago) but is VE now. I have been seeing some posts that the VE cabins have solid steel railings and some sort of overhang that will block the view from the verandah. I also read the verandah is much smaller than other verandahs.

If anyone has any info about this cabin, I would appreciate it. Our cruise is not until the end of June but in doing dummy bookings, I don't see much left in the verandah category so I am not sure I could even get it switched at this point. But, I would like to try if in fact it is a small verandah with the solid steel railings. There are three of us and a little more room always helps.

Click on this link to a photograph of the ship (which can be enlarged). You will see a very nice view of your cabin which definitely has a plexiglass railing. (I believe the solid steel ones are only on the deck 4 forward cabins on the Vista ships.)

Edited by Scrapnana

The balcony is the standard 6 ft x 9 ft.

It looks to me from the picture that the bridge wing overhang might give you more shade than other side balconies but would not interfere with your view ... unless you were trying to watch birds or planes. :D

Edited by jtl513