Has anyone gotten a HAL survey?

tooalto

I just got one in an email yesterday. It was asking me to complete a short survey and then be entered into a contest for a gift card or free cruise. Everything checked out as far as factual from the email, logo, address, phone numbers, etc. I started to do the survey but then, after completing less than 1/4 of it, it said thank you and submit. There were no questions asking for any personal info at all , just normal "why do you cruise", "how often", etc. I just found it curious, especially when it cut me off so quickly.

If no one else here has gotten this, I'll forward it on the HAL in case it's some sort of phishing.

Got one yesterday also. Said it would take 30 min to complete. Like the OP, after just a few questions, it was done. Suspect there is some type of matrix so that if you give certain answers, it proceeds further. Our answers must not have been what they were looking for.

We received one, mine, and I got through the whole.

I got the impression that HAL may be thinking of getting rid of the Exploration's Cafe or at least the library part.

It was a more professional survey that I am used to receiving from HAL: more detailed with fewer generalized questions.

Me too since I slogged through it. The lack of a NA was problematic for me.

I agree that an NA option was really needed on this survey which I slogged my way through yesterday.

It seemed to be hard to answer as some of the questions were quite vague it seemed to me. I also made it all the way through and it didn't take 30 minutes. Perhaps I didn't give some of the responses enough thought. ;)

I agree that an NA option was really needed on this survey which I slogged my way through yesterday.

It seemed to be hard to answer as some of the questions were quite vague it seemed to me. I also made it all the way through and it didn't take 30 minutes. Perhaps I didn't give some of the responses enough thought. ;)

I got it, too. It did take me about half an hour, give or take a few minutes. When I read the rules and regs for the draw, it did indicate that there were two tiers to the survey. It wasn't apparent to me whether or not I went through to the second tier but there was a second part which asked about two or three ideas they have for the future and how I felt about each of them, if having them would make me cruise more with HAL.

I totally agree about the NA, though. And I shouldn't have to give the household income; I chose to lie about that.

Got one yesterday also. Said it would take 30 min to complete. Like the OP, after just a few questions, it was done. Suspect there is some type of matrix so that if you give certain answers, it proceeds further. Our answers must not have been what they were looking for.

Same here. It said 30 minutes, but obviously they didn't like one of my responses because I was done in a couple of minutes.:D

Me too since I slogged through it. The lack of a NA was problematic for me.

I got it too. It took a while to go through it. I agree about no NA answer. There were many things that I gave a 5 to because it didn't apply. Also some questions were badly worded and could be read 2 different ways. I don't believe HAL is getting their moneys worth from who ever they paid to write the survey.

It took me more than 30 minutes to the end. Virtually all our cruises have been on HAL. We have a lot of days in the last two and five year period that they were asking about as we have done several 70 day cruises.

I wanted to take my time as we cruise on the R class ships and I don't want them to go. I do want better lecturers and new ports for the long cruises. This was a chance to respond to some new ideas they are floating.

Agreed that a choice of N/A was needed. I chose the middle of the range for that.

They didn't ask which ship we took for the last cruise, nor for how long. I hope they tied my response to the ship using my email address. The ships are becoming very different, for example in decor.

Edited by ScottishMaid

I got it too. It took a while to go through it. I agree about no NA answer. There were many things that I gave a 5 to because it didn't apply. Also some questions were badly worded and could be read 2 different ways. I don't believe HAL is getting their moneys worth from who ever they paid to write the survey.

Me, too. I figured the "5" would tell them I was at least on the fence about the question! I think it must have been made up by someone for whom English was a second language. I did get through it all - just hoping for my free cruise now!:D

DH and I each got one. We were both cut off before 25% finished. There were a few questions having to do with children (we don't have children at home now) and I wondered if that was the reason we were cut off early, but it could have been anything.

Nope, I don't have children and went through to the end.

There were questions about your income?

Yes, there is one question. They ask how much your household income is and give you ranges from which to select. There is no option to decline to answer that question. I lied. I absolutely refuse to give that information to anyone. It's no one's business but my own.

Edited by Alberta Quilter