Welcome Gift - House Red Wine Disappears

yogimax

Yes, I noticed that too.

I always have the red, hate Chardonnay.

On the Vision TA we were given a full bottle of the St.Martin , either Merlot or Cabernet , as our welcome aboard red, nice.

On Explorer we were given a half bottle each of Sauvignon blanc, again nice as I do like that.

Will be a surprise as to what we get on Brilliance on 14th December:)

Either way it's a 5.00 bottle, can't expect much.........:D About the same as the free "champagne" at the parties, it has alcohol in it and that's about it :)

The welcome gift is a single serve bottle. Five dollars is way overpriced :)

I i'm not a beer or soda or juice drinker, usually have enough water, so I get one of the small bottles of wine and just bring it back home for cooking.

M

Its really nice that RCI simply removes your selection, if it was the red wine and leaves it blank without notifying you about this change. :mad:

Would rather have another bottle of bubbly for sail away, but that is not an option on that selection...just the second choice. Nice to have it on ice waiting for us when we check into the cabin.

Always a favorite tradition for us! :)

I just checked both mine and DW's C&A account and the small bottle of house white wine is now no longer available as a Diamond gift. :(

I thought you had to be Diamond Plus to have alcoholic beverages as a choice for the welcome beverage.:confused:

I thought you had to be Diamond Plus to have alcoholic beverages as a choice for the welcome beverage.:confused:

We've only ever had choices of water, juice or soda as diamond. Long way to go to D+.

It has been a while since we were Diamond so I couldn't check that out.

I thought the gift preference which use to have the 187ml small bottle of red or white wine was the Diamond gift. Shown below is our current offering for that as D+. At least we still have the choice, for the moment, of barley wine. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=369984&d=1448976378

As C&A D+, 175 points or higher, we also select from this Bonus Gift list which includes 750 ml bottles of wine. :confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=369985&d=1448976378

CAgift.jpg.9d136b9334f515a6376b1301cb7345db.jpg

CAgiftbonus.jpg.ec7c7edfce9137505f5714fe7a9659e6.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Maybe, it has been a while since we were Diamond so I can't check that out.

I thought the gift preference which use to have the 187ml small bottle of red or white wine was the Diamond gift. Shown below is our current offering.

attachment.php?attachmentid=369984&d=1448976378

The way I understood it, everyone at Emerald level and above gets a choice of Welcome Beverage (or Welcome Gift as shown in the screenshot). The choices are the same for Emerald and Diamond, and get alcoholic beverages added at D+ and PC.

It looks like all the wine has been removed from the Welcome Gift choices.

Diamond still gets the bag of cookies?????

and almonds depending on the ship you're on.

This past year we got both on Serenade, Navigator and Freedom but only got cookies on our Radiance Oz cruise. Maybe almond aren't readily available down under or is that a D+ perk also and we got short changed on that cruise??? :p

PS- almonds are grown in Oz. :rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe

Interesting... the choice of the Los Riscos House Red Wine as a welcome gift is no longer offered. The white wine, however, is still there.

Who is entitled to this gift? Since I'll be boarding the Grandeur in a few days, and this being only my fourth RCI cruise, i would assume I am not getting it.

Who is entitled to this gift? Since I'll be boarding the Grandeur in a few days, and this being only my fourth RCI cruise, i would assume I am not getting it.

From post #17:

... everyone at Emerald level and above gets a choice of Welcome Beverage (or Welcome Gift as shown in the screenshot). The choices are the same for Emerald and Diamond, and get alcoholic beverages added at D+ and PC.

Edited by clarea

Yup, I just checked. After reading the last few posts, indeed my little split of red for the welcome gifts vanished. Changed it to white, now it has also gone away. :eek: Sheeezz...

OK....now I changed it to a bottle of beer. Wonder how long that will last?!

And yes, I miss those nice ribbon tied boxes of nuts, trail mix, and cookies. Now just a bag of cookies. Oh well, finding food on the ship is definitely not a problem at any time. ;) I actually enjoyed the ribbons more than anything, as I used them to tie onto my luggage handles to spot easier on pick up.

Edited by island lady

I've always had luck just taking whatever is left and switching it out at one of the venues that serves it for another bottle of something else. As long as its the same price they've always done it.

:confused: We are talking about the little bottles of wine you receive with the cookies and nuts in the Welcome aboard gift.

The point in my earlier post was to show we did not get the little bottle of red we were expecting but replacements which were superior;).

I am guessing there is a supply issue somewhere or maybe it was a bad year for the red wine:D:rolleyes::D

:confused: We are talking about the little bottles of wine you receive with the cookies and nuts in the Welcome aboard gift.

The point in my earlier post was to show we did not get the little bottle of red we were expecting but replacements which were superior;).

I am guessing there is a supply issue somewhere or maybe it was a bad year for the red wine:D:rolleyes::D

What were the replacements? The welcome beverage selection has vanished from my profile totally, and was blank. I had to input a new (and now second) choice. The second (D+) gift option is still in place though.

Edited by island lady

What were the replacements? The welcome beverage selection has vanished from my profile totally, and was blank. I had to input a new (and now second) choice. The second (D+) gift option is still in place though.

Replacements were as stated in post 2.

On the Explorer it was a half bottle each, enough for 2 glasses in each bottle.

On Vision it was a full bottle each .

On both ships the wines were set up with the bag of cookies so I knew they were the 'Welcome aboard' gift:).

Our last white wine gift was terrible. Threw it away after one sip. Hope they may be in the process of changing brands?.

R&D

On our May cruise the white wine small bottle was 'bottled exclusively for Royal Caribbean'. I thought it was terrible, and I'm not that picky. I couldn't drink it.

Who knows what kind of deal they got on those grapes.