owners suite or crown loft suite

Same perks, but the loft will be much closer (no elevator to take) to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. You can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by clarea

Perks are the same. Usually a CLS is a bit less than an OS. The loft attendants are great, and the secured hallway of deck 17 is much quieter than the normal decks where the OS are located. You will also be closer to the Costal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.

We always pick loft suites over owner suites.

We prefer the L1 Crown Lofts. Have stayed in 10 and have 5 booked for next year. Deck 17, Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen are the main reasons we prefer Oasis Class ships.

Crown Lofts are usually cheaper then the Owner Suites.

Had an ocean facing crown loft and an OS on the Allure. We preferred the OS for many reasons. We had a dining room table which made it easy for in-cabin dining where we had friends join us for dinner. The CL only has that small pull-out table seating. The balcony on the OS was humongous with more furniture than the CL could even fit.

Unpacking in a CL is just odd for me. There are two bathrooms in the CL which is a plus if you need it but that was what was odd for me. DH and I share a toiletry case. We weren't prepared to share stuff between the bathrooms. Where is the toothpaste? Oh that's right, it's upstairs, better go get it. I loved the jetted tub in the OS, but DH loved the shower in the CL where there is no bathtub at all.

I just felt the OS furniture and layout more homey where the CL was not. We stayed last year just before the renovation and the new suite lounge was not there yet nor was there a Coastal Kitchen to be near. There's that, but I still would take the OS over the CL.

Had an ocean facing crown loft and an OS on the Allure. We preferred the OS for many reasons. We had a dining room table which made it easy for in-cabin dining where we had friends join us for dinner. The CL only has that small pull-out table seating. The balcony on the OS was humongous with more furniture than the CL could even fit.

Unpacking in a CL is just odd for me. There are two bathrooms in the CL which is a plus if you need it but that was what was odd for me. DH and I share a toiletry case. We weren't prepared to share stuff between the bathrooms. Where is the toothpaste? Oh that's right, it's upstairs, better go get it. I loved the jetted tub in the OS, but DH loved the shower in the CL where there is no bathtub at all.

I just felt the OS furniture and layout more homey where the CL was not. We stayed last year just before the renovation and the new suite lounge was not there yet nor was there a Coastal Kitchen to be near. There's that, but I still would take the OS over the CL.

Very valid points. Some folks don't like the stairs as well, due to the fact that they have knee problems.

Your comments about the tooth paste makes me laugh, as we throw ours up or down to each other. That is if we forgot to bring two. :)

Very valid points. Some folks don't like the stairs as well, due to the fact that they have knee problems.

Your comments about the tooth paste makes me laugh, as we throw ours up or down to each other. That is if we forgot to bring two. :)

Thanks, I thought my toothpaste comment would sound petty. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks, I thought my toothpaste comment would sound petty. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

We stayed in a JS on Allure in May as we were waitlisted for a larger cabin which never became available. It was very nice cabin but we got to remember what a more normal cabin washroom is like. One thing for certain is we didn't have to throw the toothpaste back and forth. I joked that you could go to the washroom, turn on the shower, wash your hands all while sitting on the loo.

It didn't happen in that order, but the imagery sums it up.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

We stayed in a JS on Allure in May as we were waitlisted for a larger cabin which never became available. It was very nice cabin but we got to remember what a more normal cabin washroom is like. One thing for certain is we didn't have to throw the toothpaste back and forth. I joked that you could go to the washroom, turn on the shower, wash your hands all while sitting on the loo.

It didn't happen in that order, but the imagery sums it up.:D

You should try a standard cabin if you want to see a tight bathroom.;)

We are trying an L1 and then a GS on Deck 8 on a B2B to see whether we prefer the rarified air of Deck 17 or the proximity to Central Park, which we like at night. Life is good!:D

You should try a standard cabin if you want to see a tight bathroom.;)

We are trying an L1 and then a GS on Deck 8 on a B2B to see whether we prefer the rarified air of Deck 17 or the proximity to Central Park, which we like at night. Life is good!:D

It has been a long time since we were in a standard balcony but I haven't forgot nor erased the feeling of the shower curtain getting intimate with me.

Sounds like you have a great B2B planned.

We had an L1 back in October. Deck 17 is like an oasis, pun intended. We're usually every where on a ship but in all our days cruising, we never spent so much time on one deck. I don't think we'll book anything else on that class of ship after this.

I am trying to decide on which one had better perks and which is more comfortable on oasis...this will be my first time in a suite!!

Interesting question. We couldn't decide so we booked one of each.

I'll be glad to render an opinion when we return from Allure in March. We just finished seven days on Oasis in a CLS. Suggestion, should you choose a CLS on Oasis, strongly recommend one on the right side (starboard). Cherry Adams was our steward in 1750 and you'll not find a better steward at sea. Wife mentioned she wished she'd brought a make up mirror. Cherry loaned her one. When our room service menu was late, Cherry went to find out why. We didn't ask, she just did it. Absolutely the best.

We loved the location of the CLS. It was so close to the Suites Lounge which was great. It's a minority opinion but we weren't impressed with Coastal Kitchens. The rain shower in the upstairs bathroom is fantastic. The balcony is a bit small but adequate. Seriously, you could live on the 17th floor.

We've booked an OS on Allure and we're looking forward to the larger room, bigger balcony, and a full dining room table.

The CLS is all about the Wow! I'm thinking the OS will be more comfortable. The CLS wins on location. All in all, do the CLS first.

The bottom line? It's rough to have to face decisions like this. You really can't go wrong either way.

There was another thread on this subject several months ago. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130677&highlight=owners+loft

Edited by RocketMan275

Interesting question. We couldn't decide so we booked one of each.

I'll be glad to render an opinion when we return from Allure in March. We just finished seven days on Oasis in a CLS. Suggestion, should you choose a CLS on Oasis, strongly recommend one on the right side (starboard). Cherry Adams was our steward in 1750 and you'll not find a better steward at sea. Wife mentioned she wished she'd brought a make up mirror. Cherry loaned her one. When our room service menu was late, Cherry went to find out why. We didn't ask, she just did it. Absolutely the best.

We loved the location of the CLS. It was so close to the Suites Lounge which was great. It's a minority opinion but we weren't impressed with Coastal Kitchens. The rain shower in the upstairs bathroom is fantastic. The balcony is a bit small but adequate. Seriously, you could live on the 17th floor.

We've booked an OS on Allure and we're looking forward to the larger room, bigger balcony, and a full dining room table.

The CLS is all about the Wow! I'm thinking the OS will be more comfortable. The CLS wins on location. All in all, do the CLS first.

The bottom line? It's rough to have to face decisions like this. You really can't go wrong either way.

There was another thread on this subject several months ago. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130677&highlight=owners+loft

You are correct, Cherry is the best. We have had her two times and got to visit with her on a few other cruises as we was working down the hall. Deck 17 attendants are top notch. Deck 17 is also super quiet compared to the other cabin decks.

If you're going to do a CL make sure it's an ocean-facing. On Allure now and the aft-Facing suites overlook the pool deck and we can see into the rooms through the thinner inside curtain. Not a lot of privacy.

Currently in a GS on deck 10, only a few doors down from the owners suite. I don't see a reason to pay more for the OS - balcony and room are larger, but no additional perks. Being on 17 would be nice but it can take time for an elevator to make it up sometimes. Heard someone complain about waiting almost 15 minutes during formal night last night.

Edited by MikeBTN

I am trying to decide on which one had better perks and which is more comfortable on oasis...this will be my first time in a suite!!

Well, the first thing to do is make sure the owners are not using their suite at the same time you want to. If they are, then that will make your choice very easy.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you're going to do a CL make sure it's an ocean-facing. On Allure now and the aft-Facing suites overlook the pool deck and we can see into the rooms through the thinner inside curtain. Not a lot of privacy.

Currently in a GS on deck 10, only a few doors down from the owners suite. I don't see a reason to pay more for the OS - balcony and room are larger, but no additional perks. Being on 17 would be nice but it can take time for an elevator to make it up sometimes. Heard someone complain about waiting almost 15 minutes during formal night last night.

Great advice about the ocean facing suites although some have stated a preference for being able to people watch from the aft facing suites. Others have stated the aft facing suites can be very noisy.

Three weeks ago the only time we had a significant wait for an elevator was when the muster drill let out. Hint: the muster station for the CLS is at the Aqua Theater on deck six. All the elevators that stopped there were full. Use the stairs to go down a couple of decks and you can catch an elevator before they fill up.

Even if there is a wait, one can easily slip down a flight of stairs to sixteen where the Windjammer is. There is always a lot of elevator traffic there so the wait is minimal. We did use the elevator on the first formal when we dined in Giovanni's and I don't remember a long wait.

Here's another possible advantage to the CLS. On the last sea day we walked past the door to the kitchen servicing Coastal Kitchens restaurant just as a couple of waiters came out carrying room service trays. They told us that Coastal Kitchens did do room service although it wasn't advertised. I didn't ask if this was only for the suites on seventeen or not.

One more. There is a cappuccino machine in the suites lounge. Wife loved being only a short walk away. She went there a couple of times a day and brought cappuccino back. I don't care for it but there is a regular coffee maker in your room.

Haha, re the 2 bathrooms in the AMAZING CLS, hubby decided to take the smaller one downstairs. I did NOT mind going downstairs to brush my teeth to have that lovely and huge shower / bathroom upstairs to myself!!! Of course, by mid-week he became aware of his mistake and moved his stuff upstairs... [emoji57][emoji1] Can't wait to be in CLS again!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk