Christmas

JBobbyJ

Hi,

We are cruising on the Liberty of the Seas for Christmas. Any tips, suggestions, ideas, activities for Christmas on a cruise ship?

We have our three kids- college, high school, and junior high with us for the cruise.

Thanks!

Hi,

We are cruising on the Liberty of the Seas for Christmas. Any tips, suggestions, ideas, activities for Christmas on a cruise ship?

We have our three kids- college, high school, and junior high with us for the cruise.

Thanks!

Love sailing at Christmas time. Ships are decorated and festivities abound. There will be lots of activities for your children on any RCCL ship. Enjoy your family and your cruise.

Hi,

Thanks!

Come on over to our Roll Call thread for this cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2211904&page=5, and sign up for the meet & mingle at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do too! I'm on this cruise also with high school and college kids, and I'm hoping that they'll meet some others their age at the meet & mingle. Even though we plan on plenty of family time especially since it's a Christmas cruise, I know that the kids enjoy connecting with others their age and will enjoy themselves even more if they do! :)

Michelle

What is the policy for wrapped gifts?

Probably that they aren't allowed. However, since this seems to refer to flying, check your specific airline's policy.

Anyway, to the OP, we are planning on decorating our stateroom door. Since it has metal in it, magnets work well for holding stuff on.

I have a small battery operated Christmas tree. Does RCCL have any regulations that would prevent me from bringing it on board?

battery operated is fine. be advised that they do not appreciate tape on any of the walls or other stuff that leaves behind a residue the doors are magnetic. suction cups are also useful.

What is the policy for wrapped gifts? Thanks for your help!

Anything that goes on a plane goes through an x-ray screen. Everything is subject to inspection. If something in a wrapped package looks odd, the TSA will unwrap it (rather unceremoniously) so it can be re-inspected. Some airports make you unwrap everything before it even goes through the screening process.

Anything that goes on a plane goes through an x-ray screen. Everything is subject to inspection. If something in a wrapped package looks odd, the TSA will unwrap it (rather unceremoniously) so it can be re-inspected. Some airports make you unwrap everything before it even goes through the screening process.

The contents of a package (along with any other items) would raise a question whether wrapped or unrapped.

I carry wrapped packages through screenings (all are checked) and have never had a problem. Clothing and soft items that do not set off alarms are fine.

Items with metal that could reflect an issue may be opened.

Use common sense and wrap packages if you do not see they would set off alarms for TSA. (Bottles included!)

Do you mean carry on vs. checked baggage?

I would not carry wrapped packages through TSA screening as carry on.

The Christmas tree that I bring on doesn't have to be battery-operated, does it? Do you just bring battery-operated trees to free up an electrical outlet?

Chances are they would consider an A/C powered tree a safety hazard.

Edited by clarea