Costa Cabin upgrade question

Mazbot888

Hello, my first post on cruisecritic!

I am very new to cruising and I am very much looking forward to my upcoming cruise with Costa Deliziosa.

When we booked the cruise we opted for a guaranteed premium inside cabin, and just realised that we have been upgraded to a classic balcony cabin! This is all very exciting but it seems like I am now unable to choose my dinner seating time.... is it because I am now in a classic cabin? And does it mean I will need to pay for room service?

Don't mind so much about not being able to use the room service (although it would be nice to get my morning coffee in the room!) but we really hope to be able to get the early dinner seating as we are not use to eating late. Would we be able to change the seating time if the one that we are given do not suit us?

Thanks!

Welcome to CC.

I always thought guaranteed cabins were classic category?

With your upgrade to classic balcony you will have to pay for room service / breakfast in room (€5.00). Also you cannot choose your preferred dining sitting, i.e early or late.

Not to despair, in your cabin you will find a card with your table number and sitting. If you are assigned late sitting, go for the first evening and next day go to see the Maitre 'D (times are publised in the daily program) to change your eating times.

Have a great cruise.

Well now this is how I see it.

You booked a Premium cabin, so regardless of your up-grade to a Balcony you are still entitled to Premium extras, even if you ticked 'upgrade if available' write to customer services before you sail & ask, or when you board at reception.

Upgrades are given at Costa's discretion & should not affect grade of booking.

You can see maître D' on the first day at 4.00pm MDR aft, ask any cabin steward for actual time & deck, or even request first sitting by writing to customer services & saying one of must eat between 6 & 8 pm.

Failing all this meet with English host & ask her/him to sort as you are new to cruising & did not understand upgrade.

Just one thing though are you sure you booked a Premium cabin, guaranteed cabins tend to be Classic as G.M.T. said above.

info@costa.it customerrelations@uk.costa.it <customerrelations@uk.costa.it>;

Edited by tenpin

It was definitely premium guaranteed inside cabin when I did the online booking, because I was able to go to MyCosta afterwards and choose the dinner time and the table size. I made sure I choose premium booking as I was aware it was a bit more expensive but because it gave us the choice for dinner time that was why we opt for it...

It was only after I was given the upgrade and cabin number then I was not able to choose anymore. Perhaps I should check with customer service especially when you mentioned the upgrade shouldn't effect the grade of original booking.

Thank you for the advices!