Our trip part 2

bazbov

Hello all and thanks G,M,T, Bob and Ali, cheered me up no end. Here's the second part of our adventure. G.M.T i'll think about your offer of your dear mil but she might give me nightmares (bg)

Don didn't get back from dropping the car off till about 3 pm he said there were roadworks and traffic jams, we decided to just stay around the hotel area. I'd forgotten to pack 1 of my medicines so we went to a pharmacy and bought some. 9 euros for aspirin,let me tell you i still get a headache thinking about that price (giggle) We go back to Milan next march so hopefully we'll get into the centre then.

For dinner Don had another pizza and tirimisu and i had lasagna ragu and thrice cooked steak frites,these were the tastiest crispiest chips iv'e ever eaten.

I had a bad nights sleep and was awake at 2.15am (must have been that premonition i had abut gmt's mil (g) went to breakfast at about 8,00am. very nice again but a lot quieter this am.

collected our cases and checked out. We walked to the metro and took the subway to Milan central station. Have to say this was one of the easiest pedestrian/disabled friendly stations i've found. No problems at all getting to Venice Mestre and all for less than 20 Euro. This gave us a guaranteed seat with a choice of hot or cold drink, a snack and a newspaper. (who cares if it's Italian,it's free (G) The journey took 2.30.

Warning, Venice Mestre train station.

When we departed the train i noticed that there are NO elevators to take you to the exit or other platforms, you have to carry your luggage down 2 flights of stairs (aprox 10 steps per flight) There were a group of youths at the top of the stairs who say they will help with the luggage. This IS a scam. I ignored these youths and struggled my way down. At the bottom of the stairs i heard a commotion,the youths came running, being followed by the local police.They were apprehended and led away. If some kind person could copy and paste this to the other cc boards,to warn other cruisers id be most grateful. This post so far has taken over an hour. (told you this thing is on it's way out, (grin)

We caught the local train to Quarto D'altino about 25 mins away. We are staying at the crowne plaza. (the hotel will shuttle us to the cruise terminal tomorrow) First impressions are very good. Lovely welcome from reception. Hotel looks clean, room spacious and hotel is right by the train station. (not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet (bg)

We take the shuttle tomorrow at 11am There is only 1 shuttle a day to the port. On a side note, Costa have just informed us that embarkation will now begin at 4pm instead of 2pm. If this is the case i hope we can drop our bags off and then we'll take the people mover to piazza de roma.

I'll post the next instalment when i can,so stay tuned,same bat channel etc (g)

take care all and Happy Cruising.