Costa Compensation Offer

bazbov

Hello All, Now I'm Mad as hell. Had several e mails from Costa today stating that the compensation offer of 50% off your next cruise (due to them cancelling the neoriviera) is really only 50% of the price you paid for the cancelled cruise.

So for example if you were in a basic cabin that cost you 450 pounds you will only get 225 pounds off your next cruise.

Considering they offered 150 pp for 2 days missed departure, 2 nights in a hotel and an excursion this offer for the cancelled 19 day cruise is disproportionate to say the least.

To add salt to the wound, they have said in an e mail, that unless we sign a disclaimer notice saying we will not take any further action, we will NOT receive any moneys paid back,including our original cruise fare, extra expenses we incurred because of their mismanagement, or that 50% off your neoriviera cruise offer.

This to me is at least, Bullying or at worst Blackmail.

I didn't want extra money all i asked for was extra points to be upgraded to the next costa club level. If we had completed this cancelled cruise we'd have been on it. They have Emphatically refused.

I don't think i have any choice now but to take this matter further and i really don't want to do that. :mad: