allarounditaly.net (Fabrizio) or Rome in Limo

aveenovida

I used Fabrizio from All Around Italy at the recommendation of another fellow Cruise Critic member for Naples, Rome and Florence. He was very knowledgable, catered to our every whim, gave us good advice, and was very entertaining and kept us laughing. I cannot image better tours. He took us to a restaurant at the top of Positano called de Costantino, our best meal in all of Italy, real homemade Italian pasta, antipasti, just like mama used to make, momma mia! He was very conscious of time and getting us back to the ship in plenty of time. I highly recommend him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just wanted to share our recent experience with the company allarounditaly.net. We just returned from our 7 day Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Jade. My wife and I connected with 2 other couples via cruise critic and booked our tour with this company for our 3 ports in Italy (Livorno, Civitavecchia, and Naples). For cruisers looking to get a crash course in Italy over three days, this is your trip! Fabrizio, the owner/operator of the company, arranged for the drivers/guides to meet us is minutes after we were cleared to leave the ship. We were greeted with a smile by Laura in the port nearest to Florence which is Livorno. From the minute we entered thecomfortable and air conditioned van, Laura began to share her wealth of knowledge with us. Her expertised ranged from understanding the industrial ports of Livorno to the agriculture of the Tuscan countryside to the history and culture of Pisa and Florence. We first stopped in Pisa, then a small olive oil co-op to do a tasting, which was followed by an amazing overview of the main sights of Florence (Santa Croce Cathedral, Duomo, Pontevecchia). What a great day.

The next morning, we docked in Civitavecchia, the closest port to Rome. We were met by Pepe, promptly at 8am. We drove straight to Rome and stopped a very scenic panoramic overlook where Pepe when into detail about the geography and history of the city. Pepe was also very knowledgable and flexible. We hit all the major sights in Rome including the Vatican city where Fabrizio arranged for a private tour through the museum with our own vatican tour guide (ironically, also named Fabrizio). We saw the colosseum, the Spanish steps, St. Peters Basillica, Sistine Chapel, many of the fountains and arches. We ate at a great pizza place. Pepe was also flexible as we asked to go back to the colosseum at the end of the day as we wished to walk around inside of it, Pepe arrange for this while we were doing our vatican tour. We appreciated his flexibility.

The final morning, we were again met by Pepe at 7:30am right outside of our ship. We drove from the port in Naples down the Amalfi coast to Sorrento and Positano. This was a stunning drive and Pepe was well informed about the history and culture of this region as well. We stopped in both of these small cities and toured around visiting the unique shops and wandering the old world streets. The views again were breathtaking. Pepe then took us to a great restaurant on top of the mountain with a great scenic overlook of Sorrento. Following a big lunch, we drove to Pompeii, where if you wished, Fabrizio could arrange for a private tour. We chose to do it independently (which we would not recommend). Pompeii is amazing and confusing. Traveling around Pompeii with an expert would have been beneficial. Following Pompeii, it was a brief drive back to the ship.

We had amazing experience with these experts and would highly recommend them due to their punctuality, knowledge, and passion for their country (not to mention the competitive prices). We are happy to fully endorse Fabrizio at allarounditaly.net.

Scott and Lindsey Roth

Scudagc

What you describe above sounds wonderful. As my husband and I are new to the world of crusing I'm trying to get a sense of private tours vs cruise arranged and the difference in costs. Do you remember how much pp you paid for above arranged tour and how many were you? I will research more of course but some hint of the cost would be helpful.

Thanks

Jackie

We too had a fabulous experience with Fabrizio's company in both Rome & Florence. My husband has been telling people that we sawa more in our one day with Aldo than we would have seen on 3 ships' tours. We covered much more of Rome than we ever dreamed would be possible. Our driver in Rome was Aldo, and he couldn't have been more professional, knowledgeable, fluent in English, and friendly. His vans are new and immaculate, too. I'll use them again for my next trip to Italy.

I don't know if they are as good as Rome In Limo but from experiences with RIL it's hard to imagine anyone is better. Just my humble opinion.

I agree... with so many great comments about RomeinLimo, I just can't imagine picking another tour company unless Romeinlimo didn't have anything available. We have toured with them several years and have always had such great guides/drivers. A truly unique experience and a highlight of our last family trip!

I cannot comment on Fabrizio but I know that after 3 tours with rome in limo, we are hooked!! We have them booked for next year as well. Their service is so friendly and professional that I cannot imagine using anyone else! Shelly

We used romeinlimo in Dec 2009 (we were on a cruise that made 1 stop in Italy & it was Rome--our driver was Nicola & he was right there at the ship to meet us,Nicloa was a great driver & very good at his job..after lunch we met Duman (himself) who I might add is really cool. Also picked up our guide for the Vatican, Catherine was totally excellent in her knowledge of the Vatican--I would never hestitate to choose romeinlimo again & ANY questions to Jany were promptly answered. This company knows their job & does it WELL!! Now if I could just go back!!

I am not able to post any pictures (I took LOTS) but had camera problems & lost all of my Barcelona & Rome photos.. :^(

They ARE just FABULOUS!

I cannot comment on Fabrizio but I know that after 3 tours with rome in limo, we are hooked!! We have them booked for next year as well. Their service is so friendly and professional that I cannot imagine using anyone else! Shelly

Have to agree with the comments here on RIL- used them in both Rome and Naples, and they made the most of our days in both cities.

I don't know if they are as good as Rome In Limo but from experiences with RIL it's hard to imagine anyone is better. Just my humble opinion.

That's how we feel about All Around Italy and Fabrizio. We can't imagine how what could have been more perfect on our tours of Rome and Florence.

That's how we feel about All Around Italy and Fabrizio. We can't imagine how what could have been more perfect on our tours of Rome and Florence.

That's good to hear. We have just booked for a tour of Rome with Fabrizio. Did you have Fabrizio as your tour guide or someone else? How many people does he have working for him? I thought his tour was reasonably priced compared to some others also. When you went to Rome and the driver took you to a particular site (for example - The Pantheon), did the driver get out and explain a bit about the place or did he just drop you off and pick you up later? Did he walk around with you?

That's good to hear. We have just booked for a tour of Rome with Fabrizio. Did you have Fabrizio as your tour guide or someone else? How many people does he have working for him? I thought his tour was reasonably priced compared to some others also. When you went to Rome and the driver took you to a particular site (for example - The Pantheon), did the driver get out and explain a bit about the place or did he just drop you off and pick you up later? Did he walk around with you?

We had Aldo, and we loved him! At some sites he got out and showed us around. At others he gave us a full description before we got out of the van and let us go on our own. That was what we asked him to do. Even if he left us off he gave us a complete description of the place. He had a great guide book which had overlays to show things like the Coliseum as it was originally and as it is now. I'm sure he would do whatever you prefer. We preferred to go on our own.

We were with him on May 1st, and he did a great job of trying to avoid the huge crowds. He took us to St. Peter's first as it was a priority for us. There was virtually no line, and it wasn't very crowded inside either. Last year when we there on May 1st also, I think we wasted 45 min. of valuable touring time in line. My cousin and her husband were even able to go to confession which will be a lifetime memory for them.

The tour was a great value for the price we paid. We booked the tour for just the four of us so we could ask him to go where we wished and spend as much time as we desired at a particular place, and it worked out great.

We had Aldo, and we loved him! At some sites he got out and showed us around. At others he gave us a full description before we got out of the van and let us go on our own. That was what we asked him to do. Even if he left us off he gave us a complete description of the place. He had a great guide book which had overlays to show things like the Coliseum as it was originally and as it is now. I'm sure he would do whatever you prefer. We preferred to go on our own.

We were with him on May 1st, and he did a great job of trying to avoid the huge crowds. He took us to St. Peter's first as it was a priority for us. There was virtually no line, and it wasn't very crowded inside either. Last year when we there on May 1st also, I think we wasted 45 min. of valuable touring time in line. My cousin and her husband were even able to go to confession which will be a lifetime memory for them.

The tour was a great value for the price we paid. We booked the tour for just the four of us so we could ask him to go where we wished and spend as much time as we desired at a particular place, and it worked out great.

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like they did an excellent job. I like the idea of the guide giving you a rundown of the sight you are about to visit and then letting you go and explore on your own. We also want to be able to just wander around the streets of Rome and get a feel for the place as well as seeing the must see sights. Did he give you a suggestion of where to go for lunch or did you just grab something along the way?

My husband and I used All Around Italy 2 years ago while on a Mediterranian cruise. I can't even begin to express the level of excellence that we recieved from Fabrizio and Pepe. From the minute we were picked up portside to the minute we were dropped back at the ship, we were being bathed in knowledge of each of these ports and entertained until my cheeks hurt from all the laughter that was being exchanged. These guys really know their stuff and will most willingly tailor your tour to your liking, even if off the beaten path. I remember in Rome, I asked Pepe if we could tour the catacombs and without missing a beat, he gladly threw this into our day. Being a forensic major, this just thrilled me beyond belief. We are going back for another cruise in October and have already scheduled Fabrizio and Pepe as our guides for Florence, Rome and Naples. I can't wait to see my friends at All Around Italy again, they are fantastic and they will not disappoint!

Has anyone used Fabrizio (allarounditaly.net) for tours in Rome, Livorno and Naple? I've seen most reviews for Rome in Limo, just wondering if AllAroundItaly.net is as good....

I just used his company in May and think he is and has the best tour guide I have had in my 40+ cruises. Fab himself is young, full of knowledge and very entertaining. His guide and driver Pepe is a history professor at the university and was selected from all the guides to tour the President and others from the Smithsonian institute when they visited Rome. You cannot ask a question that he cannot answer. We had him for Rome and Nice, and then had Sabrina for Naples. She was great and she knows where to go for the best gelato in all of Italy. They will also give you a slight discount for booking all 3 cities with them.

I was debating between them myself and was very pleased with my decision. Fabrizio is friends with the owner of AllAround Italy and says they are good too.

I used Fabrizio last year and he made our experience in Italy so much better because of his humor and wit, and great connections all around Italy (lol)! Only Fabrizio has the "special pass" that gets you all the way to the entrance of the walkway at Civitia di Banoreggio, that saved us a mile of walking.

On our tour in Rome, Fabrizio stopped the van close to the Trevi fountain because he saw a big shot in the government that he knew and he wanted to introduce us to him! Wow, talk about feeling special. That is the thing about him, he has a way of making everybody feel special and important.

I am using him this year to for airport pick-up, ride to port with half day tour from Rome at embarkation, ride to airport from ship with half day tour, and full day tour of the Cilento coast out of Naples, and a full day tour out of Rome! Love this guy, he is a keeper.

Amelia

I just used his company in May and think he is and has the best tour guide I have had in my 40+ cruises. Fab himself is young, full of knowledge and very entertaining. His guide and driver Pepe is a history professor at the university and was selected from all the guides to tour the President and others from the Smithsonian institute when they visited Rome. You cannot ask a question that he cannot answer. We had him for Rome and Nice, and then had Sabrina for Naples. She was great and she knows where to go for the best gelato in all of Italy. They will also give you a slight discount for booking all 3 cities with them.

I was debating between them myself and was very pleased with my decision. Fabrizio is friends with the owner of AllAround Italy and says they are good too.

I remember him telling me that he is good friends with the people from Rome in limo and that they are reputable and reliable as well. He does not have any bad things to say about any of his competitors and in fact they all work together and help each other so sometime you might hire romeinlimo and get Fabrizio as a guide or vice versa.

• 2 months later...

Two weeks ago we toured Rome (with Pepe and Fabrizio) and Florence (with Carlo) of All Around Italy. The tours were fabulous. We saw three times as much as the ship's tours. Cannot imagine how anyone could be better. You can find more reviews of All Around Italy on TripAdvisor.com

Archived