Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise

PandaBear62

Hello, I just booked a three night cruise on the Wonder next October, sailing out of San Diego. It's a surprise for my dh's birthday. We've always wanted to take a cruise, but living on the West Coast made it harder. So I am taking advantage of the opportunity.

My question is....are there many activities for adults on the ship that a fee is involved? (aside from the spa).

I'm just trying to plan a budget for this trip.

Hello, I just booked a three night cruise on the Wonder next October, sailing out of San Diego. It's a surprise for my dh's birthday. We've always wanted to take a cruise, but living on the West Coast made it harder. So I am taking advantage of the opportunity.

My question is....are there many activities for adults on the ship that a fee is involved? (aside from the spa).

Mixology/Tasting classes have an extra charge. And the adult dining venue (Palo) also costs extra.

Of course, alcoholic drinks cost extra, as well as any drinks ordered in a lounge or from a poolside server.

Bingo

Edited by Shmoo here

3 nights is really 2 1/2 days. You're not going to have time for much! Don't know if you have a sea day in that or what you like to do.

But as noted, there are relatively few things that carry an extra charge. We've spent essentially nothing other than the tip money and had a great cruise. On the other hand, we've had cruises where we chose to spend quite a bit (spa villa for two) and had a great cruise.

You really don't have to spend a bunch of money to stay busy and have fun.

i don't remember spending anything on our 3 day cruise, other than tips...

actually, i don't remember spending anything on board on the longer cruises either..

oh...well...if you count logo souvenirs and stuff like that..

i love to shop!! i bought a DCL towel on the ship...and another towel on castaway cay (apparently, i have a thing for towels)..

but other than 'stuff', i didn't spend anything (other than tips)...

I just booked this cruise last night. :D

We will be bringing our granddaughter, but DH won't be doing some of the girlie things with us.

I am very excited because I love Disneyland.

I think our budget will go towards buying photos, souvenirs, and the Princess Tea Party.

This is my first DCL cruise, but I think what the others said is pretty accurate.

Patti

Bring your camera and carry it everywhere. The character attendants are happy to take a photo with your camera. You'll save a small fortune over buying them in Shutters. The CD can be a good deal, especially with kids. Also, price the CD + all photos package.

Edited by moki'smommy

Bring your camera and carry it everywhere. The character attendants are happy to take a photo with your camera. You'll save a small fortune over buying them in Shutters. The CD can be a good deal' date=' especially with kids. Also, price the CD + all photos package.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip. :)

Patti

We have done the 3 and 4 night cruises on the Dream. Besides drinks and souvenirs, we didn't do any of the extra stuff. There is plenty to do that is already included. You will want to eat at each of the dinning rooms and I don't think Palo does brunch when docked at Nassau (it might have changed).

I wouldn't even bother getting off the ship at Nassau, there is so much to still do on the ship and Atlantis is crazy expensive, all of the ships know your from the cruise ship.

Oh, the wife and I do get the couple's choice spa package on each cruise.

Ups, I just saw you are doing the 3 day on the Magic. I am use to the only 3 day cruises being on the Dream.

Edited by ArthurUSCG

• 3 weeks later...

What day is the Frozen show, on a 3 day cruise? I'm thinking it must be the last day if the first day is a sail away party, day 2 is pirate night...that seems to leave day 3? But we've never done a Disney cruise. It will be our first one ,Feb. 2, 2017

What day is the Frozen show, on a 3 day cruise? I'm thinking it must be the last day if the first day is a sail away party, day 2 is pirate night...that seems to leave day 3? But we've never done a Disney cruise. It will be our first one ,Feb. 2, 2017

I believe you may be confusing the outdoor, on deck Frozen show with the new Frozen theater show? They are two very different shows.

The outdoor deck show has only been on certain sailings in Alaska and Europe.

From recent Navigators, Frozen the stage show in the theater has been on the last night however.

HTH's!

ex techie