Future Cruise Booking

Woodmnky

Can anyone let me know how the future cruise booking works when you don't know when you want to cruise? What are the perks associated with doing this? Cancellation policy? How long do we have to make the booking?

We have no idea if/when we will cruise on Disney again, but I would like to take advantage of the on board booking just in case we decide to later.

Thanks for the help

Let me start by saying that this program has probably changed more than any other on DCL. However, it has remained stable for a couple years now.

OK, if you don't know when you want to cruise, you basically purchase a "future cruise credit" that is good for 24 months from date of purchase. Embarkation on the new cruise needs to be within 24 months. OK, I tried to print the certificate for you but it didn't work. You pay $250 per cabin for the certificate, fully refundable if you don't use it. or this, you get an onboard credit as noted below. I thought you got 10% off the cruise fare portion of the new cruise when you book it, but it doesn't say that in the fine print! Maybe that's what they mean by "booking benefits." You can book thru a TA who gives OBC, use the certificate, and get the OBC from both DCL and the TA.

Below is the Onboard Rebooking Offer fine print from DCL.

Travel must take place within 24 months of reservation to maintain booking benefits. Blackout dates apply to the Onboard Rebooking Offer, please inquire when booking a confirmed date or contact Disney Cruise Line or your travel agent for more details. Onboard credits, per stateroom, will vary based on sailing. $100 for sailing of 6-nights or less and $200 for sailings 7-nights and greater. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Not valid on VGT, OGT, or IGT stateroom categories with restrictions or 2-n

Edited by moki'smommy

Can anyone let me know how the future cruise booking works when you don't know when you want to cruise? What are the perks associated with doing this? Cancellation policy? How long do we have to make the booking?

We have no idea if/when we will cruise on Disney again, but I would like to take advantage of the on board booking just in case we decide to later.

Thanks for the help

While onboard a cruise, you go to the future cruise desk and put down $250 for a placeholder reservation. This placeholder must be converted into a cruise within 24 months of the date you put the money down.

Perks:

10% deposit if the future cruise is 7 night or longer

10% off cruise fare

$100 Onboard Credit for cruises of less than 7 nights, $200 Onboard Credit for cruises of 7 nights and longer.

If you don't book convert your placeholder to a cruise that begins within the time frame, your placeholder is cancelled and your money is refunded.