GTY Restrictions

CatieM80

Hello all! I have a questions about GTY reservation restrictions on DCL. I currently have a GTY reservation for an interior room (category 11C). The room has not yet been assigned. I noticed today that the OGT fares are lower than what we paid for our 11C GTY. I know there are differences between GTY and GT fares, but I can't seem to find clear info on exactly what the differences are.

I have 2 questions. First, would it even be possible to switch to the OGT room without completely rebooking? Also, if it is possible, would we get onboard credit for the price difference? I highly doubt it on the latter, but it would be nice!

Forgive me if this question has been asked here recently and I missed it. I have found a lot of conflicting information online. I also called DCL, but since we used a TA, they wouldn't even tell me if it was a possibility. The rep I spoke to said all questions must be answered by our TA. I have emailed the TA, but of course she is out of town for 2 weeks and someone I am not familiar with is filling in for her. So not sure how soon I'll get an answer from them. I'd appreciate any insight from someone here that might be familiar with the workings of guaranteed reservations on DCL.

Edited by CatieM80
Typos

*GT fares are new bookings only. So you would have to cancel and rebook. If you are within the penalty period, you would lose whatever the penalty is for your current date.

READ the restrictions on *GTs before booking. Essentially the reservation must be paid in full at the time of booking and no changes of any sort are allowed. You can't change names, dates, anything. This booking cannot be combined with any other perks like onboard booking credits, Disney Visa credits, etc.

No, DCL will not give you an OBC or otherwise for the fare difference. On the positive, you know that there are oceanview cabins available and you might get assigned to one of them.

Bottom line--unless you are 75 days or more away from your embarkation date, forget it.

Edited by moki'smommy

*GT fares are new bookings only. So you would have to cancel and rebook. If you are within the penalty period' date=' you would lose whatever the penalty is for your current date.

READ the restrictions on *GTs before booking. Essentially the reservation must be paid in full at the time of booking and no changes of any sort are allowed. You can't change names, dates, anything. This booking cannot be combined with any other perks like onboard booking credits, Disney Visa credits, etc.

No, DCL will not give you an OBC or otherwise for the fare difference. On the positive, you know that there are oceanview cabins available and you might get assigned to one of them.

Bottom line--unless you are 75 days or more away from your embarkation date, forget it.[/quote']

Thank you! That is very helpful info! We are less than 75 days out, so we will just sit tight and see what happens. Good point about possibly getting into an oceanview. We will be happy no matter what room we get, but an oceanview would be a pleasant surprise.

For everyone here, please read the full list of restrictions on *GT bookings before doing this. They are not unreasonable and for most people are likely to be fine. You just need to know exactly what you are booking before you commit to this and they are very different than a GTY (like 11C GTY).

IF there is a cabin number category in the booking (like 11), that is just like a standard booking. You will cruise in a cat 11C or better. Again, you are agreeing to literally any cabin on the ship of this class or better, but you have paid full fare for your cabin. If you get an assignment and hate it, your TA has a shot at having you moved.

If you book a *GT, you agree to any cabin of that type or nicer with NO recourse to be moved unless there is a defect in your cabin that they can't fix. You are getting a bargain rate and you agree to all the restrictions.