Last minute Cruise Booking

kabbie

Actually, if you show up at PC without a reservation, you can't even get into the grounds around the terminal.

You CAN do a last minute booking on the phone. I know it can happen the day before, I've even read of it happening the morning of the cruise. MY personal closest booking was a Thursday for a Saturday DCL departure. The on line booking ends 3 days in advance, and you have to be somewhat insistent on the phone (tell them that you KNOW it can be done). They have to put you thru to a special person. It CAN for closed loop cruises out of PC. Other rules may apply out of other ports and/or cruises that are not closed loops.

Now, if your real issue is price, you'll be quoted the current price. You do have some negotiation room in type of cabin though. Example--you need to KNOW the prices of the various cabins...at least what they were. Then, if you try to book an inside and they tell you that they don't have any insides available, tell the to put you in an oceanview, but the most you will pay is X. They do have a very limited history of accepting the deal. Bottom line, they either give you the price of the cabin they claim to not have or they sail with an empty cabin. Of course that only works if you are willing to walk away.

Edited by moki'smommy