Cabanas for Dinner on the Dream

Spycee1

I have tried searching to no avail. I was curious as to what is served in Cabanas for the dinner seating on the Dream. I have looked at the menus for Animator's Palette, Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace and am not quite that it fits our tastes; we're meat & potatoes people and absolutely no fish/seafood.

From what I can find on Disney, it says that you can get things made to order as well as selections from the MDR. I don't want our only dinner options to be Flo's Cafe :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Well, first of all, you can get a steak and baked potato in the MDRs every night...in addition, there is always a beef selection on the menu. You can get that served without sauce with a baked potato or other side. On the menu, you will find the steak under the "lighter fare" category. You can also get a chicken breast, same area of the menu. The beef tenderloin on the regular signature menu is amazing--again, order with no sauce or sauce on the side if that suits you.

Cabanas selects 2 entrees from each of the signature menus. In addition, they have a salad bar and a "carved item." The carved item may be beef, turkey, ham, whatever.

Same way here. I am the most picky simplest kid type eater it is. Just got back from our 2nd Disney cruise. I pretty much got my own special entree made everyday. Disney really goes out there way to accommodate you. Like Moki mommy mentioned you can get steak or chicken ways. I pretty much had it every night. You can really create your own meal. There were a couple nights they brought me 2 entrees with a type of steak and chicken. I am so picky they pretty much showed me the menu for the next night always at end of dinner so they could make sure they had me taken care of in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well' date=' first of all, you can get a steak and baked potato in the MDRs every night...in addition, there is always a beef selection on the menu. You can get that served without sauce with a baked potato or other side. On the menu, you will find the steak under the "lighter fare" category. You can also get a chicken breast, same area of the menu. The beef tenderloin on the regular signature menu is amazing--again, order with no sauce or sauce on the side if that suits you.

Cabanas selects 2 entrees from each of the signature menus. In addition, they have a salad bar and a "carved item." The carved item may be beef, turkey, ham, whatever.[/quote']

Also, Cabanas is not open the first and last nights of the cruise for dinner.

another suggestion is to order a double portion of the simpler options from the children menu.

if you ask and explain what you would like your servers will not let you hungry!

enjoy, Gillian :)

Don't skip the Main Dining Rooms, especially on the short cruises on the Dream where you only get to experience each one once! Having a different setting, but the same servers every night really was awesome. Your servers will go out of their way to get you the meal you desire each night. On our last cruise one of our tablemates had a food allergy, so each night they would show him the next night's menu to ensure there was something that he could eat, and if not offer to get him what he wanted.

Don't skip the Main Dining Rooms, especially on the short cruises on the Dream where you only get to experience each one once! Having a different setting, but the same servers every night really was awesome. Your servers will go out of their way to get you the meal you desire each night. On our last cruise one of our tablemates had a food allergy, so each night they would show him the next night's menu to ensure there was something that he could eat, and if not offer to get him what he wanted.

Actually, for food allergies, the chefs will prepare something special in a dedicated portion of the galley in order to avoid any cross contamination. As noted, they will do a special preparation of something on the menu or will fix something off menu that meets the guest's needs. It goes WAY beyond making sure there is something on the menu that will work, but it is handled "behind the scenes" so the guest doesn't feel awkward.

We loved the table service at night in Cabanas. It was so much quieter than the dining rooms. More intimate in my opinion.

We ate there twice. We are also big meat and potato people. I'm VERY picky. (and please leave all those dang sauces off! LOL)

They had THE best steak. I had it both nights. We also had the same waiters both evenings. During OUR visits at least, there were very few people up there. More attentive waiters and faster service.

We loved it! Give it a try one night. :D

We loved the table service at night in Cabanas. It was so much quieter than the dining rooms. More intimate in my opinion.

We ate there twice. We are also big meat and potato people. I'm VERY picky. (and please leave all those dang sauces off! LOL)

They had THE best steak. I had it both nights. We also had the same waiters both evenings. During OUR visits at least, there were very few people up there. More attentive waiters and faster service.

We loved it! Give it a try one night. :D

This was absolutely our experience. And the food is made fresh when you order it, so is much better than in the MDR. My ONLY issue is that rather than the brewed ice tea that is served in the MDRs, they have the machine issue instant stuff. It is a great place to eat while watching the sunset.

We have always thought about eating at night at cabanas but never have. With all of these positive reviews I am going to check it out next time we cruise.

We did it when we had late dining and got back from an excursion very hungry. We thought that if we had a snack, we wouldn't be hungry at dinner, but we didn't want to wait another 90 minutes to eat. Cabanas was the perfect alternative. I ordered the same entree that I'd had the night before in the MDR and it was much better in Cabanas.

• 1 month later...