Adults on Disney

Eileenfa1

Let me first say I love Disney a lot . Been to the world over 90 times but, I don't have children. Don't hate me. What adult things is there to do on the ship? I'm not avoiding children but, I would like some separation from them some time. I can do this in the parks. Can this be done on the ship? I have been on ccl 7 times. I need a change. Thanks. Plus if someone can tell me about the ship I would be so happyImageUploadedByForums1432062400.120890.jpg.a7b7cc46fe5dbc7e027f50c9b2fe10d8.jpg

I would like some separation from them some time.

Just off the Dream two weeks ago. There's a nice adults only pool, hot tub and bar near the front of the ship. I spent some time there...quite nice.

There's an adults only bar elsewhere on a lower level, but I never got around to checking it out.

Edited by Paul from Maryland

I just got off the Dream and traveled with my best friend. We are two 29 year old males and I had the same concerns as you prior to going on the cruise. Luckily there are adult areas on the ship where children aren't allowed.

Obviously, you can't completely avoid them but you can take measures to minimize the interaction with them. There's an adult pool deck with hot tubs, lounge chairs, and a bar. We decided to upgrade to concierge and I think that helped alleviate some of the interaction with the kids. If you can afford to spring for it, I'd suggest doing that. The service we experienced on board and from the concierge team was top notch.

The only time I found the kids too be too much to handle was the first day for lunch in Cabanas and pretty much all the time around the main pools on deck 11. Other than those areas, they didn't bother me.

At night, there's a whole adult district with a variety of shows, bars, clubs, etc. There's also mixology classes offered every day. The gym is a good retreat too.

Re: first day lunch: We ate lunch the first day in the Enchanted Garden. Fairly crowded and busy, but I'm pretty sure it was better than the buffet. The crew tried to steer us to the buffet, but we knew the Enchanted Garden was open and went there instead.

Re: mixology classes: My adult son and I did the Tequila and Margarita tasting. Cost was $20 and well worth it. We got to sip Patron silver, reposado and anejo tequila while the host described each. Then a mini traditional and peach margarita. Lots of fun and informative. We talked about signing up for a class where you actually get to make drinks -- but time got away from us. We signed up for the mixology class right after boarding the ship, but we had several folks in our mixology class simply show up, pay and participate.

There is so much to do!

Plus, they take turns opening each side of the Oceaneer Lab and Club so everyone can enjoy all the fun stuff inside the Kids areas.

My favorite spots besides the adults only pool was The Rainforest Spa and dining for brunch in Palo.

I highly suggest doing late seating for dinner! The early show had fewer children and it was much quieter. The late show is full of kids and gets loud and distracting.

Also, sail when school is in session at times when parents aren't likely to pull their children from school. First and last month are always times that we run into less children.

I just got off the Dream and traveled with my best friend. We are two 29 year old males and I had the same concerns as you prior to going on the cruise. Luckily there are adult areas on the ship where children aren't allowed.

Obviously, you can't completely avoid them but you can take measures to minimize the interaction with them. There's an adult pool deck with hot tubs, lounge chairs, and a bar. We decided to upgrade to concierge and I think that helped alleviate some of the interaction with the kids. If you can afford to spring for it, I'd suggest doing that. The service we experienced on board and from the concierge team was top notch.

The only time I found the kids too be too much to handle was the first day for lunch in Cabanas and pretty much all the time around the main pools on deck 11. Other than those areas, they didn't bother me.

At night, there's a whole adult district with a variety of shows, bars, clubs, etc. There's also mixology classes offered every day. The gym is a good retreat too.

A friend on your sailing described the adult areas as being overcrowded. Did you find that to be the case? I'm especially interested in areas where I hope to be able to chill out indoors, like Cove Cafe.

This is one of those posts you stumble upon that just happens to address a concern you've been having... and makes you feel at least a little better. I just booked a Disney Cruise (the magic out of NYC in October 2016), and, as a solo traveler, this has been one of several things I'm concerned about. Glad to hear everyone's feedback!

Richard

A friend on your sailing described the adult areas as being overcrowded. Did you find that to be the case? I'm especially interested in areas where I hope to be able to chill out indoors, like Cove Cafe.

it really varied depending on what was going on. There were times where we were among the only people out there and then there were other times where it was packed. For instance, on our first day (Thursday) it was perfect. But on Sunday right before the boat left Castaway Cay it was insane out there. I spent a lot of time laying out on the concierge sun deck.

We honeymooned on the Fantasy in 2013. Everyone always says with a face of disgust "oh Disney, weren't there too many kids?". We really didn't have an issue with kids. Disney does a good job of separating adult activities/areas and kids activities/areas. As an adult you just avoid the kid pool and go to the adult pool. I also have heard/seen that there are less children at the second dinner seating. I also once witnessed a CM ask 2 teenage boys to leave the adult pool area.

We also never had an issue with crowds in adults areas. We always found a chair by the adult pool and a barstool at the bars. I was actually surprised that there weren't more people at the bars.

I've sailed on Disney once with extended family and loved it. We love everything Disney. My concern for adults without kids is the saturation of everything Disney, from the theming to the characters, to the entertainment. It is ALL Disney with very few exceptions. So make sure you're ready to be immersed.

My husband and I did the Disney Magic in 2011, just us, and had the most amazing time. We've been spoiled for any other cruise line.

It's funny, I've heard people say they couldn't do a Disney cruise because of all the kids, but the thing they don't realize is Disney takes such good care of the kids, you don't really see them. I found the kids more noticeable on our Royal Caribbean cruise in 2013.

That's not to say I don't like kids, because I do, I have two boys of my own. But to any adults out there worried about a Disney cruise, please don't be. The staff will cater to you just as much as the smaller passengers, you will find some great spots of solitude (deck 4 is my favourite spot to sit and watch the ocean go by), and you will be able to sit back and relax while everything is done for you.

Have a great time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only wish is that they would really keep kids out of the "adults only" area around the Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Cafe. As it is, kids routinely use this area as a walkway or come in just to talk to mom for a minute. Sorry, but mom should carry her wave phone and kid could call her. Kid/family can walk thru on another deck.

Many kids are quiet and respectful, but some are running, skating, loud, rude, etc. Bottom line--if you call an area "adult," keep it that way.

We have taken to regular DCL cruises rather than stays at WDW - much more relaxing! Still come home loaded down with "pix dust" but much happier for the experience. DCL has two designs of ships: Magic, Wonder and Dream, Fantasy. The Dream and Fantasy have a major design defect (IMHO), as children can/must cross through the adult pool, hot tub, bar, cove area on the way from elevators/stairs to the family pool areas and food court. Not necessarily the nicest feature.

As regular adult-only cruisers with DCL, we enjoy Palo and Remy restaurants (adult only dinner dining for a $$$), the cove and spa areas, and the lounges for late evenings after the shows. The adult beach is just that, at Castaway Cay - no kids allowed (but some get a peek when riding rented bicycles).

Cast members usually do an excellent job keeping the guests following the rules.

My favorite hiding place is the coffee cove cafe; DW is usual found in the spa! There are tours, tastings, and many more things to do or, not to do, as one might wish.

Try it - you may be completely surprised and pleased.