Disney Castaway Cay

Sandy Peters

What's the best thing to do in Castaway Cay?

The best thing to do on Castaway Cay IMO is relax.

After that inclusive in the cruise fare, swim, sunbathe, eat and drink, explore. In that order.

If you wish, there are many excursions listed on the DCL site to buy.

Personally, I think you can have an amazing day with spending a penny. Well maybe on some alcoholic no inclusive drinks, but each to their own.

ex techie

I'd agree with ex Techie in that relaxing is always good. That said; you should see as much of the island as you can especially taking a trick to the look out tower. I'd rent a couple of bikes unless you're up for the 45 minute round trip walk (which can be a nice break from sun and sand).

We love to just lay on the beach at serenity bay. We did the 5k once, it was fun, but I probably wont do it again.

This year we plan on getting off as early as possible and literally sitting in the beach.

Grab a chair and relax :) We were traveling with a seven year so we sat in the sun, swam in the ocean, walked around. We did rent the clear intertubes and had a great time floating around. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose to do

We've done the stingray excursion and para sailing and really enjoyed both. They both take about an hour if the day so you still have plenty of time to relax on the beach and enjoy the island. Next time I think we are going to try the jet ski excursion. Whatever you do, you will have a great time!

First thing we do is drop off the kids at Scuttles Cove. Then I like to walk out to the observation tower and to serenity bay to relax. Pick up the kids around lunch and then play in the water with the kids the rest of the day.

One of the best things used to be getting a chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve ice cream cone but they don't serve that anymore.

But as others have said, take a bike ride to the tower and back then relax. The slides are fun too.

On our two past cruises we just enjoyed the beach. We snorkeled a little. It's a great place for beginners to try it. If you are an experienced snorkeler it's more like snorkeling in a swimming pool. I took a lot of great pictures. One DD loved Scuttles Cove. For our next cruise I plan to make it over to Serenity Bay.