How booked is the voyage really?

OctoberKat

What I'm trying to post is: My understanding is that these talked-about deals were only for new bookings as well, but, like Randyk47, we enquired through our travel agent and, after some push-back, received the OBC of $1500. Prices for the cruise were not raised. We booked the cruise months ago.

As I mentioned before this time I don't know what our TA, by the way a discount TA, had to do but she pulled it off for us and another couple. I know our first SS cruise was a real sales challenge for Silversea and they kept throwing fare reductions and incentives on the table over a year plus time to fill the cruise which eventually sailed at 80% capacity. We had booked that first cruise through a SS PCC because we won a 10% SS discount as a door prize at a local travel agent cruise fair and the regional SS sales rep at the fair asked us nicely to book direct. Credit to the SS PCC as she got us an additional 5% fare discount when it was offered, a $1,000 OBC, and finally a $2,000 fare reduction to offset an airfare incentive. I had to call each time when I caught the reduction or incentive and it got progressively harder to get each one but the PCC got them. You just have to push and maybe fuss a little sometimes. :o

PS - Retired Army guy here but grew up as a USAF brat. Couldn't fly so I had to walk. :D

Edited by Randyk47

Backtracking to the original query, Master Echo has learned there are 216 passengers aboard, so, a little over half full (capacity of 398). Which is lovely because it's easy to be seated at any of the dining venues sans reservation ( not Le Champagne, of course).