Attracting a silly question

MrsWaldo

We are on the Shadow over Christmas and were wondering if, like seabourn, the divider walls between the two suites are magnetic. We'd like to get our suite into the Yuletide spirit and thought magnets might be the best way to hold decorations in place (not keen on blue tac).

Miss W because my cc account isn't working

I'm doing very well, Ms DT!

I started a major health push after our last cruise (had thought I'd get stronger during the cruise but instead my mobility grew worse and didn't improve once I got home.) It seems to be working - I've graduated from physiotherapy once more. It will still take a year to get to where I want to be, and then a lot of effort to maintain it, but at least I'm going in the right direction once more.

Not sure when we'll cruise again. Our 2016 travel budget was raided for Ken and our son to climb Kilimanjaro, do a safari and go to Zanzibar last month. Our 2017 budget is being raided to sponsor a refugee family to move here (when I saw the cost and realized giving up one cruise would give a family a new start away from the chaos and violence, there was no way I could book another cruise before bringing someone over.) Ken is intent on going back to Tanzania for a month or so to work at a school there run by friends. I'm content not to return to Africa (having experienced a long-term illness after my first trip and a major mobility setback after my second, I'm not interested in ever returning.)

For now we are just doing trips by automobile so I can better control my food and movement options. No more 40 hours of travel to get to the start of a cruise. That can set me back months so any flying is 4 hours or less interspersed with rest and rehabilitation.

How are you doing?

Edited by CanadianKate

I'm doing very well, Ms DT!

I started a major health push after our last cruise (had thought I'd get stronger during the cruise but instead my mobility grew worse and didn't improve once I got home.) It seems to be working - I've graduated from physiotherapy once more. It will still take a year to get to where I want to be, and then a lot of effort to maintain it, but at least I'm going in the right direction once more.

Not sure when we'll cruise again. Our 2016 travel budget was raided for Ken and our son to climb Kilimanjaro, do a safari and go to Zanzibar last month. Our 2017 budget is being raided to sponsor a refugee family to move here (when I saw the cost and realized giving up one cruise would give a family a new start away from the chaos and violence, there was no way I could book another cruise before bringing someone over.) Ken is intent on going back to Tanzania for a month or so to work at a school there run by friends. I'm content not to return to Africa (having experienced a long-term illness after my first trip and a major mobility setback after my second, I'm not interested in ever returning.)

For now we are just doing trips by automobile so I can better control my food and movement options. No more 40 hours of travel to get to the start of a cruise. That can set me back months so any flying is 4 hours or less interspersed with rest and rehabilitation.

How are you doing?

Dear CanadianKate, I do not know you but have, for years, followed your posts with interest. I feel as if a friend has had some setbacks, but is intent on overcoming them. Keep on enjoying yourself as best as you can and I certainly hope to meet you in some SS cruise in the near future, Virginia