This is the "Actually, I quite like Silversea" thread

rosepark

I just want to see something positive on the board for a change.

Naysayers, please scroll on by. Your opinions and experiences are obviously just as valid as mine, but I do quite like Silversea - there, I have said it, controversial though this may be. I have had some super cruises with Silversea and met some delightful people.

Complaints, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention - actually not quite true but never anything major enough spoil my cruise.

So this is the Pollyanna thread - all fellow Pollyannas join in here

that's all folks,

Rp

You are missing the Zeitgeist with this!!

But we agree here in the yokel-infested dark ages of Lincolnshire where we clearly don't have the super-critical omniscience of the urban glitterati.

Mind you, we only have 80-odd days in the past 2 years so maybe we shouldn't be too quick to find SS just what we want from a cruise line.

And we can't be alone, can we? Not when you consider how many repeat floaters SS attracts.

You are missing the Zeitgeist with this!!

But we agree here in the yokel-infested dark ages of Lincolnshire where we clearly don't have the super-critical omniscience of the urban glitterati.

Mind you, we only have 80-odd days in the past 2 years so maybe we shouldn't be too quick to find SS just what we want from a cruise line.

And we can't be alone, can we? Not when you consider how many repeat floaters SS attracts.

You don't need to go cruising. Surely the Wold's your oyster? Sorry - couldn't resist.

Rp

Oh, boy! Am I ever in on supporting the Pollyannas!

We have been sailing on Silversea since the Wind's first year...happily. In all these years we have always had very, very good times. We have met wonderful, upbeat, interesting people..some of whom we think of as forever friends and with whom we have kept in touch..loosely, perhaps, but definitely gratefully.

In general, I have found that whiners are always with us. There will, regrettably, always be folks who are condescending crab apples, and those who just can't seem to help being know it alls. I am convinced that there are posters who take pleasure in negativity for the sake of being negative. And while I am on my high horse, there are posters who do NOT sail with Silversea...maybe never have. What's their agenda? Who can know, but I have decided to laugh at them.

Thank you, Rosepark for bravely starting this thread. I have loved joining in!

Another poor fool here.I just like SS.So no need to change yet.Really enjoyed the bus trip back from our tour in Port Antonio,Jamaica.Had everyone singing along with this song-

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

In general, I have found that whiners are always with us. There will, regrettably, always be folks who are condescending crab apples, and those who just can't seem to help being know it alls. I am convinced that there are posters who take pleasure in negativity for the sake of being negative. And while I am on my high horse, there are posters who do NOT sail with Silversea...maybe never have. What's their agenda? Who can know, but I have decided to laugh at them.

Thank you, Rosepark for bravely starting this thread. I have loved joining in!

Count us in. We have only been cruising on Silversea since 2006 but have also never had a bad cruise. We have had bad weather, less than perfect ports, but the experience on Silversea has never let us down. Is it perfect -- nothing is! I don't know how some people live at home, but Silversea is a "cut above" for us and a true luxury. The only negative experience we have ever had on Silversea has been created by other passengers - most notably the "chogs" and those who feel entitled to behave badly.

Our first cruise with silversea was June of 2012.

We are looking forward to the next one in November.

While we can't cruise as much as we would like, we have enjoyed our almost 100 days. The crew have been fabulous.

We have met some terrific people. We have seen great places. Was it all perfect, well no. But life just isn't perfect.

I can deal with that. We have seen changes in the few years we have been cruising with silversea.

We don't know what it was like in the "halcyon" days of yore as mentioned by those who have cruised with silversea for years. That isn't to diminish the loss of service as they describe. If the service and experience is lessened in comparison, then likely those pax won't be back again.

We just know what we have experienced, and that's why we will be back aboard.

Count me in!

I have enjoyed all my SS cruises very much even though this year's was a big fizzer because I was so sick.

I've met wonderful people, visited some incredible places and had fabulous service.

With all the negativity on this board lately, I was starting to wonder whether anyone actually liked SS.

Well done to rosepark for starting this thread.

Cheers

Jennifer

I will make up the numbers, we have greatly enjoyed a number of expedition cruises with SS and plan to do more.

The people make it work ; the expedition staff , the hotel staff , and the general ships crew and officers , all do a great job under sometimes challenging conditions on the expedition ships.

We are with you all the way - nothing is perfect but one only has to step aboard a Silversea Ship and experience the smiling faces of the Crew to realise that minor niggles can be forgiven.

The measurement of Luxury is a very personal matter and clearly there are more luxurious ships and hotels - however the all round Comfort of a Silversea ship is, for us, hard to beat.

This is a thread that is long overdue.

I am fully in agreement with Mayflower 1

The one constant in our 10 Silversea sailings has been the warm welcome from the staff and the continued friendly and helpful service.

I am really looking forward to my next cruise in the Spring and have had no hesitation recommending Silversea to my friends and acquaintances and none of those who have subsequently sailed with Silversea, have been disappointed.

I have a simple view when it comes to all of this.

Life is short.

For those who can cruise (small percentage of world-wide population) let alone on a luxury cruise line they should count their blessings and be thankful for the opportunity they have.

Like any product, sometimes people don't like how a product evolves. If that happens, rather than complain about it, just move on and figure out what works best for you.

And don't let the small things bother you.

Nothing in life is 100% perfect all of the time but often our own attitude makes a big difference.

In the end, figure out what makes yourself happy.

Keith

Being alive is a blessing...

if the cruise aint perfect the first person to look at is yourself, why were you unhappy... did you want more than could be delivered? Did you think every experience was going to be 100% the same..

In all things in life, things go wrong..

the attitude you make towards these is the key..

will my SS cruise be perfect, probably not....

will I enjoy myself wherever possible, you betcha

I know I am going in with things that are not my cuppa e.g. the safety drill :eek: probably the ship tours (began exempted) but then, I am going to be a darn sight happier with my suite than some other lines (space, verandah etc) wont have to fight with 1000pax getting on or off, know based on here and previous cruises, that intelligent and sometimes slightly controversial conversations will be had.. (brain food)

Roll on 21 dec

I just want to see something positive on the board for a change.

Naysayers, please scroll on by. Your opinions and experiences are obviously just as valid as mine, but I do quite like Silversea - there, I have said it, controversial though this may be. I have had some super cruises with Silversea and met some delightful people.

Rp

SO totally agree ! Thank you for starting this thread, I have become quite sick and tired of all the negativity being directed at Silverseas by people who don't obviously cruise the line.

So here is another happy silverseas cruiser who is currently on a silverseas ship - the Explorer ! :)

SO totally agree ! Thank you for starting this thread, I have become quite sick and tired of all the negativity being directed at Silverseas by people who don't obviously cruise the line.

:)

Couldn't agree more. Things may have changed over the years but they are still doing enough to gain my continued custom. And their wonderful on-board staff is what makes them special!

We're real Silversea newbies compared to many here but no less sold on the line, ships, and crew. We came to Silversea four years ago after numerous mass market cruises and I can't see us ever going back to the big ships. Our five Silversea cruises rank at the top of 22 years cruising, probably starting at second favorite......our first is our honeymoon so it has to be Number 1.....and we had some pretty good cruises before Silversea.

Couldn't agree more. Things may have changed over the years but they are still doing enough to gain my continued custom. And their wonderful on-board staff is what makes them special!

Thanks to all for positive comments on Silverseas. We are returning on the Cloud this January after several years. Having enjoyed our trips in the past, we were concerned about some of the negative comments.

Also agree that a positive attitude about your experience goes a long way in enjoying the trip!

Count me in!

I have enjoyed all my SS cruises very much even though this year's was a big fizzer because I was so sick.

I've met wonderful people, visited some incredible places and had fabulous service.

With all the negativity on this board lately, I was starting to wonder whether anyone actually liked SS.

Well done to rosepark for starting this thread.

Cheers

Jennifer

Count me in, too. I have met some wonderful people (including you, Jennifer) on Silversea cruises. -Joy

Agree totally with this thread.

We have nearly 200 days on S/S and would not even entertain the thought of sailing another cruise line.It suits us perfectly even though it would be nice if they had more voyages in the Southern Hemisphere.

Don't necessarily agree with everything they do,such as the new menu,but so be it nothings perfect in life.

If you don't like S/S you have other choices!