Exploring Jamaica to Ecuador.

drron29

A magical spot.Water cool and refreshing.So clear you could see the fish who were not afraid and swam around us all.There was a small cave and sitting at the entrance you got a great massage from the waterfall.

DSC06777.JPG.DSC06778.JPG.

DSC06779.JPG.DSC06781.JPG.

DSC06783.JPG.DSC06787.JPG.

DSC06788.JPG.DSC06789.JPG.

On the drive to the waterfall we had a young guide.She was very keen but did not have all the information.Her singing was just a little abrasive.however we had an older and knowledgeable bus driver who filled in the gaps.When we arrived I asked him if we could have some more traditional Jamaican music.Whilst we were enjoying ourself he downloaded some music.Starting off on the way back he started with Bob Marley's One World,One life.The group of 18 all joined in and we had a great trip back to the ship.Next was Harry Belafonte and the Banana Boat song as Port Antonio was Jamaica's banana port.

The road was narrow and winding and obviously a little dangerous-

DSC06795.JPG.

We stopped at a bar on the way back.just beautiful-

DSC06806.JPG.DSC06807.JPG.

DSC06808.JPG.

At the bar there was some local dancing and music by the Granny,Nanny cultural group-

DSC06810.JPG.DSC02396.JPG.

DSC02402.JPG.DSC02405.JPG.

DSC02407.JPG.

The children obviously enjoyed themselves.Now time to finish our coconut drink,have a last look at the view and drive off to Harry Belafonte's Coconut Water.

DSC02409.JPG.

On the drive back you pass the Castle-part of a hotel and the whole building can be booked for a little over $US20000.But with 9 rooms OK value if you have enough friends!

DSC02416.JPG.DSC02418.JPG.

DSC02418.JPG.DSC02422.JPG.

DSC02423.JPG.DSC06811.JPG.

And as we arrive back at the ship what better song to be playing than one of my all time favourites-Jamaica Farewell.

Edited by drron29

We were late back to the ship.Our butler told me Rojaan was already at lunch so straight to the MDR it was.After lunch we walked into town.Rojaan had already done this in the morning so the following pictures are from both of us.

DSC06812.JPG.DSC06813.JPG.

DSC06815.JPG.DSC06816.JPG.

DSC08810.JPG.DSC06817.JPG.

And then of course the sunset-

DSC06889.JPG.DSC06892.JPG.

DSC06896.JPG.DSC06899.JPG.

DSC06904.JPG.DSC06907.JPG.

At dinner we were with 2 of the Captain's Choice couples.It turns out that the retired surgeon and myself did medicine together.it really is a small world.

Back home at last.No internet for the last few days but here we go again.

The next day was a sea day.First we had a small brown bird on our balcony.Flew off when I got my camera out.Late afternoon and a booby appears.circled the ship a few times.appeared to catch a flying fish or two but then took up a perch on the ship's bow.Ideal scanning for fish or even ticking off some more on his humans list-aussie-tick,kiwi-tick etc.

DSC06922.JPG.DSC06925.JPG.

DSC06926.JPG.DSC06929.JPG.

DSC06933.JPG.DSC06936.JPG.

We had a very pleasant dinner with a mother and daughter from Australia.the mother was a classical pianist.she had had a very interesting career accompanying many great artists when they toured Australia as well as several Australians.The veal marsala as great and a very nice Chilean Carminere.

The seas had been just a little rough,it was raining with a fair bit of wind so snorkelling was in doubt.However the next morning conditions were quite reasonable as we anchored off Isla De Providencia.A part of Colombia off the coast of Nicaragua.Originally settled by English puritans it became a base for buccaneers.

So I went snorkelling.A few pictures from the zodiac first.Note the fort in the first photo-

DSC02425.JPG.DSC02427.JPG.

DSC02428.JPG.DSC02429.JPG.

DSC02431.JPG.DSC02433.JPG.

That rock is known as Morgan's head.