Embarkation Times

cruisinsince75

We are booked on the Whisper sailing back

From Barbados back to FLL in a few weeks. The docs say boarding time is 2-5pm which is much later than we have normally seen. Normally, we have seen them start boarding as early as Noon. We are out of our hotel at 11am, and we're just hoping to go directly to the ship. Has anyone seen them boarding earlier inspite of the docs saying a later boarding time?

I have enjoyed boarding as early as noon. I have also cooled my heels along with other frustrated embarking guests until the announced embarkation time. There's no telling, and there is no guarantee at all of embarkation prior to the announced time.

The last time I boarded in Barbados, I think I split the difference and got a slightly late check out and turned up at the port by about 1pm and was able to board straight away, and I wasn't the first to board by at least an hour.

I will be on this cruise but I'll have the same problem a week earlier because I'm doing a b2b with the previous cruise - I'm at the Hilton and am silver with them so I don't expect there'll be a problem with a late checkout.

At the worst, you can check out of your room, have the desk hold your baggage, and sit around the hotel pool for an hour or two.

See you on board!

Barbara

Hi Don, yes we have boarded Silversea ships on/before noon every voyage (near a dozen)

We do hope y'all have a wonderful cruise, look forward to reading about your BGI to FLL voyage. Boarding Silversea ships multiple times just before noon has worked well for us--whether in Florida, San Juan, Barcelona, Lisbon, Sydney, Funchal, London, et. al. we are welcomed by Silversea @ the embarkation terminal to check in a few minutes before noon. Check-in (turn in passport, your pix taken and your suite key card given to you) is generally done right at the cruise terminal with SS representatives (often members of the entertainment team) tho, we do not have access to our suite until after 2pm. On one one special occasion our TA surprised us with Silveresea VIP boarding/benefits and we were able to board at 11:30a.m go immediately to our suite and drop off our carry-on bags. Generally, on boarding we're handed a glass of champagne enjoy the ambiance of being on board SS once again as we leisurely quaff our bubbly. Don, then Ida and I head to La Terrazza about 12:15 for a nice lunch. After lunch (about 2pm) we head back to our suite and unpack (read--Ida kicks me out of the suite and she unpacks :)). Our boarding routine also includes heading to The Restaurant to check with the Maitre'D (they now use an Ipad for restaurant ressies) that our on line dining reservations we made prior to boarding are correct.

So, suggest after check out from your Barbados hotel head for the Silver Whisper. Guess y'all may have to wait 15 min at the most 30 before being allowed to board. In January, we will check out of the Hilton Barbados about 11:15pm, head for the Silver Spirit (en route from BGI to Buenos Aires) and b/p to board.

Edited by WesW