Silversea Travel Journal printed version vs pdf version

lidokey

Hi, just wondering if we can use pdf version of our tickets on our iPads instead of carrying the Travel Journal we have received for our trip?

Thank you.

I print the ticket page on my printer and just give it to reception. No problem.

Interesting. For our last several cruises, they have not bothered to take our paper ticket; in fact, they don't even bother looking at it. The paper ticket seems to be a vestigial structure at this point. :) I have a nice collection of them at home.

Edited by jpalbny

Interesting. For our last several cruises, they have not bothered to take our paper ticket; in fact, they don't even bother looking at it. The paper ticket seems to be a vestigial structure at this point. :) I have a nice collection of them at home.

Agree above with JP from our Silver Cloud experience from Jan. and Feb. 2015 as detailed below on my live/blog. Things are so more "electronic" these days with the process being much easier, quicker and smoother. Like on airlines, the old idea of "paper tickets" is much less physical these days. Things for airlines are sent via e-mail, you print out a copy, they scan it, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 21,828 views for these postings.

Prior to boarding our Air New Zealand flight from LAX, the gate agent required us to show proof that we would be leaving New Zealand. A printed itinerary was not sufficient, they wanted to see the ticket. Then leaving Auckland, the immigration people on the dock wanted to see the paper ticket.

No one on the ship wanted to see the ticket when we checked in.

Go to silversea.com, click on mysilversea, log in (email address + password), click on bookings, under Documents is your Travel Journal.

VOILA

Edited by lidokey
Submit it by mistake

• 5 weeks later...

I'm planning to leave the states a bit more than a month before the cruise. I'll be flying into the Solomon Islands from Pt. Moresby in PNG. I doubt that I will have mailed documents by then. Are PDFs available for the tickets now? I won't be home for the mailed document package.

I would suggest that you get your TA to speak to SS and find out whether tickets are strictly necessary now. On neither of our most recent voyages (Nov 2014 and April this year) have we been asked to show them. Proof of identity with your passports appears to be sufficient these days.

Prior to boarding our Air New Zealand flight from LAX, the gate agent required us to show proof that we would be leaving New Zealand. A printed itinerary was not sufficient, they wanted to see the ticket. Then leaving Auckland, the immigration people on the dock wanted to see the paper ticket.

No one on the ship wanted to see the ticket when we checked in.

We also had to show the ticket to Air New Zealand in Fiji when flying to Auckland to board the Spirit. I had been warned by Air New Zealand when I purchased the one way tickets to Auckland that we would have to have our SS ticket to show Air New Zealand when we checked in for our flight (proving how and when we were leaving NZ). I was told that without the official SS ticket, we would not be allowed to fly. The New Zealand Air agent also looked at the itinerary in the official documents, and entered every date and stop in NZ into his computer. I would definitely check what the country you are flying into requires if you are not departing after the cruise on the same airline from the same country.

We also had to show the ticket to Air New Zealand in Fiji when flying to Auckland to board the Spirit. I had been warned by Air New Zealand when I purchased the one way tickets to Auckland that we would have to have our SS ticket to show Air New Zealand when we checked in for our flight (proving how and when we were leaving NZ). I was told that without the official SS ticket, we would not be allowed to fly. The New Zealand Air agent also looked at the itinerary in the official documents, and entered every date and stop in NZ into his computer. I would definitely check what the country you are flying into requires if you are not departing after the cruise on the same airline from the same country.

Thanks for all your replies. The Solomon Islands require proof of onward travel.

So, my question really is does Silverseas have electronic documents? My TA assured me that I would receive the documents in time, but the earliest I've seen on CC is 31 days ahead of the cruise and that wouldn't help me.

Thanks for all your replies. The Solomon Islands require proof of onward travel.

So, my question really is does Silverseas have electronic documents? My TA assured me that I would receive the documents in time, but the earliest I've seen on CC is 31 days ahead of the cruise and that wouldn't help me.

We left our home a month prior to the cruise as well. Our TA notified Silversea of our departure date. Silversea first sent a pdf file of the entire document book and I printed off the pertinent pages. However, several days before our departure, the silver box arrived int the mail, so I also had the hard copy.