Questions on Disembarking in Hong Kong

Sweetpea711423

My husband and I will be arriving in Hong Kong at the Ocean Terminal on the Silver Shadow. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 8am. I am trying to arrange a private transfer to our Hong Kong hotel. Does anyone know how long after arrival at the pier we would be required to be off the ship? Will the Main Dining Room be open for breakfast on embarkation day? If so, any thoughts about its hours that morning?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Good afternoon Sweetpea,

Which voyage are you sailing? We are sailing on Voyage 3605 that ends in HK too. Singapore to HK. We have to be out of our suite by 8:30 am. They like everyone off the ship by 10 am at the latest. They need to prepare the suites for the next guests embarking.

Regards,

ScottToronto

We ended or last cruise in HGK. For the first time ever (usually we get off on our own and take a taxi at the port) we decided to book the SS bus transfer to the Peninsula hotel (which is basically around the corner). Glad we did! While you exit the ship into a nice terminal (with lots of shops) the luggage delivery was in a remote area at the back and there were no taxis in sight. So just make sure that whoever picks you up knows where to meet you.

As usual one is supposed to leave your suite at 8:30 a.m. I think the bus transfer was at 9:30 and 10:00 was officially the last time to leave the ship.

And yes, breakfast in the main dining room is the most relaxed way to end your cruise and face the real world (and Hongkong's air pollution...).

Many thanks, everyone, for your very helpful replies. I think I'll arrange the transfer for 10, so we won't be rushed in any way (even though out of our suite at 8:30am; we'll plan to go to breakfast then). FYI, we will not be in Hong Kong until mid-October. I like to plan ahead!