QM2 questions

jetwet1

As we are in the planning stages for a Trans Atlantic voyage next year and have questions, I figured rather than polluting the page with 20 different threads I would post just one and try to cover the questions here as time goes on....Though this is actually thread #2....Failure straight away...

Anyways....

The wife and I were checking out cabin pictures (thank you cjanansky for posting so many), one thing did come up that I can find no answers for.

We recently took 2 cruises, both in full suites, one on the Carnival Pride, the other on the Regal Princess, one thing the wife and I tend to do is relax in the cabin and catch up on some tv, I know it sounds strange, but we both work a lot of hours and spending some quality time relaxing in bed is good...

Anyways, on the Carnival ship, the tv placement was off to one side and the amount of channels was very limited, on the Princess ship the TV was square with the end of the bed and the system had a fantastic on demand library.

I noticed looking through the pictures posted that in some cabins the tv is off to the side and in others it's square to the bed, is there a quick and easy way to tell which cabins have the TV square to the bed ?

Also, which stations are offered ? Is there an on demand library ?

Thanks for any answers

The TV screens were all replaced last year during the refit. In all of the standard grade Britannia/Britannia Club rooms there are Flatscreen TV's on the wall directly facing the bed. Other grades vary as can be seen by my review. I've attached images to match each grade of room. You will also see images in my review of how the rooms looked prior to refit with TV's in the corner! https://cruisecritique.net/2016/07/19/queen-mary-2-remastered-and-revisited/

Here is the information from Cunard about the channels available, TV sizes and connections.

CNN International

Drama/action films

BBC World

Cunardia

The Art Channel

German Film

TNT

French Film

Sky News

Spanish Film

ESPN International

English Film

ITV (satellite permitting)

Music channels

Discovery Channel

Ship Web cams

Lecture Channel

Navigational channel

Comedy Channels

Discover channel

BBC HD

ITV Choice

In addition, there is a dedicated sports channel - Sport 24 which offerscoverage of many sporting events. Sport 24 is shown in selected bars on boardand is not available via in cabin televisions. Please see Can I watchsport onboard? for further details.

All TV channels are complimentary and are dependant on satellitesignals.

· Suites have 40" televisions

· Mini suites have 32" televisions

· Standard staterooms are 28"televisions

· Queen Mary 2

· This ship does not have any interactive televisions, the onlyconnection the televisions have are with 'F' type connectors at each end.Therefore, you will be unable to connect any smart device.

• Queens Gill Suites (Q1 to Q4)
  • DVD players can be requested (subject to availability) for those in Q5 to Q7 grades and Princess Grill suites. Requests should be made via Concierge once on board.

Thank you for the quick and fantastic reply.

I must say I am surprised that Cunard didn't use the remastering time as an opportunity to upgrade the offerings with an on demand system.

Edited by jetwet1

Thank you for the quick and fantastic reply.

I must say I am surprised that Cunard didn't use the remastering time as an opportunity to upgrade the offerings with an on demand system.

Your surprise is echoed by me. Must not have been a priority. Not comparable to some other lines, especially Seabourn.

Just a little update. I think the website information is a little out dated, as I’m fairly sure the Samsung wall mounted TV’s in Britannia are now 32 inches rather than 28.

It is possible in the Britannia rooms to connect a device by HDMI. But In grill rooms they are built into a surround in most cases so HDMI ports can’t be reached. Here is a post from someone who connected her device onboard.

“You can select the input source on the remote.

The TV does have two (I think) HDMI ports, but they are NOT easily accessible, because the wall TV mount does not allow the TV to be pulled away from the wall or swiveled.

We managed to get our HDMI cable into the HDMI receptacle on the TV after much contortion and severe hand cramps.

A suggestion is that you buy a 90 degree angled adapter so that the HDMI cable can lie parallel to the back of the TV rather than enter it perpendicularly.”

The channel list provided by Cunatd is also not exactly what you find, as I know from experience that you also get Sky Sports News and the live Sports TV channel, Sports 24 is not just available in the bars but in your room.

Edited by Gazroberts80

Cunard do also publish the film list for the time you are onboard.

This list shows the films shown recently on QM2 and is updated here. https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/films

7/06 - 6/076/7 - 12/8A Street Cat Named Bob (2016) A Street Cat Named Bob (2016) Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) A United Kingdom (2016) Golden Years (2016) Beauty and the Beast (2017) Hidden Figures (2016) Disneynature: Born In China (2016) Jackie (2016) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016) Fences (2016) Love & Friendship (2016) Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) Manchester By The Sea (2016) Gifted (2017) Miss Sloane (2016) Golden Years (2016) Rules Don't Apply (2016) Hidden Figures (2016) Swallows And Amazons (2016) Inferno (2016) Table 19 (2017) Inferno (2016) German Language Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Jackie (2016) Fences (2016) Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016) Inferno (2016) Kong Skull Island (2017) La La Land (2016) La La Land (2016) Lion (2016) Life (2017) Passengers (2016) Lion (2016) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) Love & Friendship (2016) Sully (2016) Manhattan Night (2016) The Founder (2016) Miss Sloane (2016) Gifted (2017) Passengers (2016) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) The Boss Baby (2017) Rules Don't Apply (2016) The Tuche (2016) (French Language) Sully (2016) La Glace Et Le Ciel (2015) (French Language) Sully (2016) German Language La Vache (2016) (French Language) Swallows And Amazons (2016) Beauty and the Beast (2017) (French Language) The Boss Baby (2017) Dear Eleanor (2016) (French Language) The Founder (2016) Hail, Caesar! (2016) (French Language) This Beautiful Fantastic (2016) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) (French Language) Chocolat (2000) (French Language)

Cunard do also publish the film list for the time you are onboard.

This list shows the films shown recently on QM2 and is updated here. https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/films

7/06 - 6/076/7 - 12/8A Street Cat Named Bob (2016) A Street Cat Named Bob (2016) Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) A United Kingdom (2016) Golden Years (2016) Beauty and the Beast (2017) Hidden Figures (2016) Disneynature: Born In China (2016) Jackie (2016) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016) Fences (2016) Love & Friendship (2016) Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) Manchester By The Sea (2016) Gifted (2017) Miss Sloane (2016) Golden Years (2016) Rules Don't Apply (2016) Hidden Figures (2016) Swallows And Amazons (2016) Inferno (2016) Table 19 (2017) Inferno (2016) German Language Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Jackie (2016) Fences (2016) Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016) Inferno (2016) Kong Skull Island (2017) La La Land (2016) La La Land (2016) Lion (2016) Life (2017) Passengers (2016) Lion (2016) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) Love & Friendship (2016) Sully (2016) Manhattan Night (2016) The Founder (2016) Miss Sloane (2016) Gifted (2017) Passengers (2016) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) The Boss Baby (2017) Rules Don't Apply (2016) The Tuche (2016) (French Language) Sully (2016) La Glace Et Le Ciel (2015) (French Language) Sully (2016) German Language La Vache (2016) (French Language) Swallows And Amazons (2016) Beauty and the Beast (2017) (French Language) The Boss Baby (2017) Dear Eleanor (2016) (French Language) The Founder (2016) Hail, Caesar! (2016) (French Language) This Beautiful Fantastic (2016) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) (French Language) Chocolat (2000) (French Language)

Are these only in the cinema though? or available in room?

I seem to recall that the films appeared on the TV listings a day or two after they were shown in Illuminations (and were available for several days at the minimum). On longer itineraries I suppose there's some repetition