Question re USB charging ports on Queen Victoria

SonofTertius

Could anyone tell me if there are any USB charging ports located by the desk or next to the beds on the refitted Queen Victoria?

I know that there are USA, UK and EU plugs by the desk, but I'm specifically checking regarding USB ports.

There's nothing about this on the Cunard website.

Thank you for your help.

638970a5f088e6c8b17ac739f65e458d.jpg

I can, and there aren't any.

Too bad. Thanks much! By the way, I read your review with reference to Ms May. Very nicely written and full of info.

I have another question if I may. Do we have to dress up for breakfast in the MDR? We're sailing Athens to Athens from Saturday and I bet the weather will be sweltering - we plan to go ashore in shorts and weren't sure if we'd be allowed to have breakfast in the same clothes.

Excuse my ignorance. My 1st time with Cunard.

I might have some other questions as well if you're happy to answer them later.

Thank you again.

Hi,

We were on the Queen Elizabeth last year and used the USB port an the TV as we do when in hotels

That's good news. They are sometime deactivated in hotels I've stayed at so I weren't certain that they would work in the ship.

Were you able to stream your media (Netflix et al) from a tablet or phone via the TV USB to the screen as well?

Too bad. Thanks much! By the way, I read your review with reference to Ms May. Very nicely written and full of info.

Thank you !

Do we have to dress up for breakfast in the MDR? We're sailing Athens to Athens from Saturday and I bet the weather will be sweltering - we plan to go ashore in shorts and weren't sure if we'd be allowed to have breakfast in the same clothes.

Excuse my ignorance. My 1st time with Cunard.

I might have some other questions as well if you're happy to answer them later.

Thank you again.

No, you can just wear what you would during the day to go ashore in, no problems there.

Ask away and i will try and answer them if I can.

I know, but I don't have a very thick skin so don't want to be stared at if I go for breakfast in shorts.

Are smart jeans and long-sleeve shirts allowed after 6pm during non-formal nights?

You will be fine in shorts at breakfast but you will need a jacket on informal nights.

Ask away and i will try and answer them if I can.

Thank you Sir.

Is there space under the beds to store the empty suitcases?

How easy is it to get a deckchair on the new aft section of the ship?

I like to to stair-climb for exercise. Do you think it would be frowned upon to use the mid ship stairs in my running attire during the day.

Where would be the best place to sit for people watching?

I love watermelon! Did they serve any in the buffet restaurant during your cruise?

Did the air conditioning in the cabin and public areas work properly?

Thanks for helping me.

The USB ports on TVs may not produce enough current to charge a smartphone. My phone and tablet both require a 2 amp charger.

But USB chargers take up hardly any room in one's suitcase...

That's true. Thank you.

Are there more UK or US plugs by the desk?

Thank you Sir.

Currently on board, sitting by the pool in Dubrovnik. Answers below with ***

***I have currently 4 suitcases stored under the bed***

***Bugger all chance after 9 am on a sea day. Difficult during port days, at least in the shade***.

I like to to stair-climb for exercise. Do you think it would be frowned upon to use the mid ship stairs in my running attire during the day.

*** no problem during the day until 6 pm. All sorts of sporty outfits around***

*** any of the bars off the grand lobby or by the Queens Room (like a central ball room)***

I love watermelon! Did they serve any in the buffet restaurant during your cruise?

*** currently there is water melon at some place or another at every buffet. Dining room waiter will bring you water melon every night if you put in a standing order. (A little extra tip would be appreciated, I'm sure)***

*** for us the cabin temperature is very comfortable. Ditto the public areas. Cool, without being arctic. One afternoon the Queens Room was very cold. 39 C outside, so inside people were shivering ****

Thanks for helping me.

Thank you Sir.

Currently on board, sitting by the pool in Dubrovnik. Answers below with ***

***I have currently 4 suitcases stored under the bed***

***Bugger all chance after 9 am on a sea day. Difficult during port days, at least in the shade***.

*** no problem during the day until 6 pm. All sorts of sporty outfits around***

*** any of the bars off the grand lobby or by the Queens Room (like a central ball room)***

*** currently there is water melon at some place or another at every buffet. Dining room waiter will bring you water melon every night if you put in a standing order. (A little extra tip would be appreciated, I'm sure)***

*** for us the cabin temperature is very comfortable. Ditto the public areas. Cool, without being arctic. One afternoon the Queens Room was very cold. 39 C outside, so inside people were shivering ****

Thanks for helping me.

I'm so jealous now. We still have 5 sleeps before we board. Thank you for all the information, so much detail and very helpful.

Do they screen movies on a big screen on-board? I heard somewhere that they do in the theatre.

Are there movies on the TV entertainment system in the cabins?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Edited by SonofTertius

Yes, there are draws at the bottom of the bed and space at the top. I fitted two cases under our bed.

It was quite busy. Laying/sitting in the sun is not something I do so I don't take much notice but the new bit was busy.

Yes. I don't think running up the stairs would go down too well.

I sit by the stairs and watch people running up and down them in their running shorts !

They do a melon selection in the MDR which had watermelon so it's bound to be in the buffer.

In the cabins you can set it to be quite chilly indeed. The public areas it sometimes gets a bit warm, but in the main it's cool enough.

I had a look at the TV and could not see any USB ports on it. And the HDMI ports where in such a position that you could not get your hand to them either. I also checked the TV set-up and it showed the various video inputs (but greyed-out) but there were none for USB.

I also tried connecting by Bluetooth. It found the TV but it would not allow you to connect. I suspect a lot of functions have been disabled.

Is it bad form to mention that the square panels with holes by the desk are not actually plugs but sockets? Apologies, but 30+ years married to an electrical engineer has made me a tad touchy about such things! [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And to be even more helpful, this is about the best thing I've ever bought for modern travel. It's tiny!

Edit: having trouble uploading photographs but it's a tiny little USB socket with a US connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums