Dazzler Hotel Brooklyn precruise

CU64

tv24... you stayed there... what was your experience? I am thinking of new Hilton Brooklyn in Boerum Hill area but Dazzler 300 less for 2 nights.

Any feedback from others is appreciated.

Barbara

Hi CU64: Amazing that you remember. It's a long story, but my reservation at the Dazzler got mixed up and we ended up at the Indigo instead. Have also stayed at the A-Loft, which is across the street from the Indigo. Both are affordable and have good service but the rooms are tiny. Just came back from 2 weeks in a HomeAway apartment in Boerum Hill, so am now very familiar with the area. Love, love, love this part of Brooklyn, so much so that we are returning to another apartment before we depart on the QM2 in October. Couple of things: Lots of construction around the Aloft, Indigo & Sheraton, so it's noisy there. Dazzler not in the midst of construction, but at the end of Flatbush just before the bridge, so lots of traffic. Check out the Holiday Inn on Schmerhorn. Great location (like the Hilton) very near lots of restaurants in a very cool area. So I say go with either the Hilton or Holiday Inn. Both are very near several subway lines so it is easy to get into all parts of Manhattan. I've become a big fan of Brooklyn.

Thanks tv24 for your excellent information. I read all your reviews as your descriptions seem to hit the points for which I am interested! Dazzler under consideration as I was being practical. Looking forward to see what I think of QM2 in Sept. :cool:

You're welcome CU64. And I hope you have a great crossing. We love the beauty of the design of the public rooms on board and fit the QM2 a relaxing way to travel to Europe. Bon voyage!