guest speakers

delgirl

On our TA end of july samantha barks was one of the guest lecturers, now it is showing emma samms instead. But if you look on cunard insights it is still saying samantha barks. Don't know which one to believe. I'm not bothered either way but our niece who is coming with us was really excited when she new samantha barks was on as she is a big musicals fan.

Just to help expand on what the OP is saying, here is what I am seeing for the enrichment programme speakers on voyage M728, 28 July - 4 August 2017.

The document currently found at https://ask.cunard.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QM2_insights.pdf shows this list of speakers.

Emma Samms - Actress and Philanthropist

John Renninger - Global Affairs

Julian Woolford - Theatre

Scott Bornstein - Memory Performance Expert

Jeff Tall - maritime / aviation

New York Times Speaker

An earlier version of that same document I happen to have downloaded in June shows this list of speakers.

Samantha Barks - Movie Actress / Singer - Les Miserables

New York Times Speaker

The document currently found at https://www.cunard.com/Documents/Enrichment/QM2insights_2017.pdf shows this list of speakers.

Samantha Barks - Movie Actress / Singer - Les Miserables

I don't know for sure, but since the document that lists Emma Samms instead of Samantha Barks is the most recent document of the three, my guess is that most likely Samantha Barks is no longer scheduled as a speaker on voyage M728. Hopefully I am wrong about that for the sake of the OP's niece, but that's my interpretation for what it's worth. On the plus side, the latest list does show an additional speaker, Jeff Tall, for a total of six speakers.

Regards,

John

Did anyone see Bryan Batt's lecture earlier this month? He is on my cruise in September and I plan to attend.

I saw both his evening show and the lecture in the theater one day at 11:00 am. Both were great. Bryan has an amazing singing voice and his lecture (question/answer) with the entertainment director was very entertaining. I think you will enjoy him. Katherine

I saw both his evening show and the lecture in the theater one day at 11:00 am. Both were great. Bryan has an amazing singing voice and his lecture (question/answer) with the entertainment director was very entertaining. I think you will enjoy him. Katherine

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.