Running on Queen Victoria

Smike0042

There's a couple of limitations that have always stopped me running on the decks - Firstly, you can't run before 8am, which means I get to breakfast late and given my already hectic days I'm now behind, and secondly, there's lots of moving chicanes milling around the promenade decks, and being a big clumsy lump, especially when tired, I'm worried about running into someone.

Because of this I've always used the treadmills in the gym - the only real limitation on these is that it's not practical when the sea is at all lumpy, finding yourself in mid-air mid-stride can be a bit scary - plus the view from the treadmills is excellent.

One note on both QV and QE is if you're tall (I'm 6'6" - 198 cm) then there's only a couple of treadmills that you can use because the ceiling is low over most of them and I end up bashing my head.

I've always fancied seeing a Strava plot of my run around the decks if I ever did do it

Edited by rakkor
addition

Anyone experienced running on the decks? Are there any runners cruising on September 9th?

Mike F

Occasional Jogging maybe , but Running is a no no . The open decks are there for people to simply relax in a lounger or steamer chair and chill out ! reading a book or watching the world go by.

Plenty of treadmills in the complimentary gym for that sort of thing.;)

A couple of weeks ago I used deck 3 for walking. I did it mainly in the afternoon (early). I did around 9 or 10 laps (i.e. 3 or so miles). There was only every me and one other person walking and there was a chap jogging. It was not very busy, so you will be fine I would say (at least at that time anyway).

Q. Can I jog or run on board?

On Queen Victoria you can run or jog on deck 3 between 8am – 8pm and you can run or jog on deck 10 with no time limitation.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/run_jog

Obviously written by someone who has never experienced being an onboard guest, other than their office/desk job at Carnival House.

Jogging or Power Walking yes, 'Running' almost impossible. Far too many guests 'enjoying a promenade along the open decks during the day', arm in arm with their other half.

I vote for the gym as well! Far too many people milling about on deck.

As other have said, the treadmills have a great view. Although I seem to remember the limited head room meant their incline couldn't be adjusted (or I might be getting muddled with another ship!)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Forums

I vote for the gym as well! Far too many people milling about on deck.

As other have said, the treadmills have a great view. Although I seem to remember the limited head room meant their incline couldn't be adjusted (or I might be getting muddled with another ship!)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Forums

Getting Muddled I think,

All 3 Queens you can adjust incline, although if tall you have to go for the treadmills with a recess in the ceiling on QV and QE