$100 Administrative Fee? Baffled.

TomAceEsq

I was booked on a four day on the Imagination on September 10th under Early Saver. Just called to transfer it to August 20th and was well prepared to pay the remainder of the reduced deposit. I was told of the administrative fee and after asking about canceling and rebooking and all that jazz, I reluctantly payed the fee AND the remainder of the deposit. Still no big deal after swallowing my skepticism.

Here's the rich part that has me questioning for the first time the call center representatives, and what they truly know:

I was in M11. Wife checks the booking before I'm off the phone and notices we're put in E8 which is directly under the Dynasty Lounge. No thank you. So I ask her to switch us rooms to U10 which is between cabins and a larger room due to the curve of the ship. I said "It's the Upper Deck."

She proceeds to start talking about Deck 3 and how there's nothing there. I said "Precisely, deck three isn't a passenger deck, can you look at Upper for U10 please?" She proceeds to tell me the Promenade Deck doesn't have cabins, and I again ask her about Deck 6, Upper.

Longer story short, she had no clue what she was talking about, and kept referring to another ship's decks after repeated inquiries about being moved to Upper. This made me question everything about speaking to reps, because who really knows what info you're getting? My signature doesn't reflect this, but this will be our fourth cruise on this ship in 11 months, including just getting off a B2B last week. I thought I knew what I was talking about. Can anyone drop some knowledge on me? Be brutal. I've been the idiot before, maybe it's happening again.

TLDR: Had to pay a fee to transfer booking. Paid fee and wanted to switch rooms. Rep was referencing another ship's decks amid my questions and made me question everything about the call. Help. [emoji23]

I've had a similar experience and now won't let anyone pick my rooms for me. I usually book online selecting cabins myself. If I call the 800 number for any reason it's with a request, not a question. And if they can't grant my request, I hang up and call back until someone can.

In our previous experiences ... some reps work from home and some are in a call center. It is luck of the draw who you get and where depending on what time of day. I have occasionally gotten a rep that didn't understand what we were asking or got the information wrong. I've simply hung up and called back.

I have often booked a cabin and then later looked for an upgrade. I always look for what I wish to upgrade to and then hold that cabin until I get the rep (or the TA we use sometimes) to go into booking and then release it, getting exactly what I'm asking for.

We have also moved boats/ports/dates and we have been charged $50 PP admin fee for the change. It's a policy and I don't think there is any way around it.

In our previous experiences ... some reps work from home and some are in a call center. It is luck of the draw who you get and where depending on what time of day. I have occasionally gotten a rep that didn't understand what we were asking or got the information wrong. I've simply hung up and called back.

I have often booked a cabin and then later looked for an upgrade. I always look for what I wish to upgrade to and then hold that cabin until I get the rep (or the TA we use sometimes) to go into booking and then release it, getting exactly what I'm asking for.

We have also moved boats/ports/dates and we have been charged $50 PP admin fee for the change. It's a policy and I don't think there is any way around it.

We also had to pay the 50 per person to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is why I despise calling the 800 number and book exclusively with my PVP. I feel your pain :(.

Same here. Although I use a travel agent. I just can't with the people at the toll-free number. Or most anywhere you call with Carnival.

To the OP, the fees were correct and based on the rate you booked.

As many posters above me have said, the $50pp fee for changing under an Early Saver fare is correct. However, it is sad that that was the only thing that the rep got correct when speaking to you! A good PVP can be worth their weight in gold!

That would be the worst part, to be misled eventually.

I'm thinking you are baffled by the different decks the agent kept rattling off.

She most likely didn't know there was a deck called "Upper Deck" and thought you were say you wanted an upper deck from what you were (higher up).

Still no excuse, but....

Andy

:confused:

Another thing that's really frustrating is when u get a call rep that's never cruised when u r trying to book. Or ask questions. Most of them you'll find have never even cruised before. It's hard to talk to someone about booking when they have no idea what you're talking about!