regent seven seas navigator

rammie

Unfortunately, no. There are 2 stationary bikes - one upright and one recumbent. A couple of ellipticals and treadmills. A multi-training weight machine for abs/legs/upper body. That one has a "low row" training option but definitely not a rowing machine. 2 benches are available and a rack of free weights. The class/group room has a variety of bands for stretching and resistance, plus a couple of Bosu for balance. And mats, of course, for yoga and classes. If interested, check the list of planned class dates/times when you first get on board since they fill up quickly. With limited space I think they can only accommodate 10-12 participants for each class.

Thanks for responding... are there many other activities on sea days?

On the plans it appears there is shuffleboard and a putting green ... is this correct?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Yes - there is Baggo up near the mini-golf and shuffleboard area, and all will have some sort of tournament run by the entertainment staff. Note that this is all forward on the top deck so on very windy days that area may be closed off for safety. Other activities are offered by the entertainment staff indoors such as darts, ping-pong, 'olympics', golf putting, bowling, etc. It's amazing how many people showed up for all of these fun/silly games to earn Regent Rewards points to get t-shirts and other prizes at the end of the voyage.

Yes - there is Baggo up near the mini-golf and shuffleboard area, and all will have some sort of tournament run by the entertainment staff. Note that this is all forward on the top deck so on very windy days that area may be closed off for safety. Other activities are offered by the entertainment staff indoors such as darts, ping-pong, 'olympics', golf putting, bowling, etc. It's amazing how many people showed up for all of these fun/silly games to earn Regent Rewards points to get t-shirts and other prizes at the end of the voyage.

Great we love all the silly games and competitions. We got addicted to shuffleboard on our last cruise

• 2 weeks later...
We are doing the Miami closed loop on May 13th. We are very excited as never done one of the luxury lines.

Although you have posted on the Regent board previously, I didn't realize until now that you are new to the Regent board....... so, welcome!:D

Please continue to ask questions as there is much to learn. For instance, "closed loop" cruises is not something that Regent passengers think about as passports are required for all Regent cruises.

Have you registered your cruise on the Regent website yet? After registering, you will learn the date(s) when you can book excursions and dining reservations online (you should already have excursions booked).

Also, hope that you booked with a TA that regularly books luxury cruises (specifically Regent) as you will likely get a percentage back of your cruise fare and on board credits are given for many itineraries.

Almost forgot - read the "FAQ's" on the Regent website as it will answer a lot of questions. The more you know, the more that you will enjoy your cruise.

While moving up to a luxury cruise line requires a bit of learning, it is worth every moment of time that you spend!

Thanks for all the tips Travelcat.

We are Aussies so the passport is no issue, I just labelled it that way for ease.

Yes I have registered on the website which is good for a cruise website.

We managed to get an excursion at each port except in Bermuda where every tour was sold out, we called and have been waitlisted on several of them.

Dining only opened the day before last and only the one restaurant is taking reservations but only 9pm is available, so will just wait until we are on board to see if we can change.

We did not receive any obc because we received an extraordinary deal that was offered in Australia only and was only available for 2 days. It wasn't even offered through a luxury TA simply one of the large chains. We were just fortunate that our friends were contacted so we made the decision to join them.

Will definitely read the faq's. We have taken 6 cruises in the last year on 3 different lines so this will be our 4th - we are very excited to see the difference with a smaller and more luxurious line.

Thanks for all the help

Teamflames: looks like we'll be on the same cruise, may 13

The credits from booking with a TA aren't always the case, is it? I wasn't aware of that and booked direct with Regent. :(

Correct, all depends on the TA. Don't have to book with any specific type of TA to get OBC's or Rebates. Also, you protect yourself by booking with a TA. With Regent, pricing is the same no matter whether you book direct or with a TA and any perks you might get booking direct will be the same with any TA. However, TA's often give additional perks and most importantly they work for you should you have any issues before, during, or after the cruise while booking direct you are working with an employee of the cruise line and much less likely to go to bat for you should there be any issues to be resolved compared to a TA who is working for you and has special contacts at the cruise line plus is extremely knowledgeable about the workings of the cruise line and will help you much more than a paid employee of the cruise line.

Best is to find a TA who provides the best benefits/cash or OBC back and stick with them as without you the TA is out of business. While nice if your TA is a luxury cruise line TA, many other TA's are just as knowledgeable and do as great a job.

Teamflames: looks like we'll be on the same cruise, may 13

Travelcat: the credits from booking with a TA aren't always the case, is it? I wasn't aware of that and booked direct with Regent. :(

As stated, with some TA's, you get a percentage back of your cruise fare on every cruise. On board credits are available on some itineraries. When you are on your cruise in May, if you book onboard, you get additional benefits (plus you will receive $100 on board credit that you can use immediately - on your current cruise.

Suggest that you do a bit of research and find a TA that you can use for your next Regent cruise (assuming that there will be one). When you book onboard, the Cruise Consultant will transfer your booking to your TA of choice. You will also receive an onboard booking credit that will lower the cost of your fare.

In my opinion, there is no reason to book directly with Regent if you live in the U.S. or Canada. Since you will be onboard a Regent ship, I suggest talking with some passengers to see who they use - what kind of service they get, etc. While we cannot give specific TA information out on Cruise Critic, we can discuss Travel Consortiums. Many of us use TA's that are affiliated with Signatures, Virtuoso, Ensemble, etc.

Hope that this helps:)

On board Explorer, it was open to everyone when we were on board. There's a separate staircase from a door on Deck 6 which means it can be accessed "from the inside" - .i.e. without passing through the Spa reception area, though it's only by leaving your key card at the desk that you can get a key to a locker. Towels and other amenities are freely available. Incidentally, (and I can only speak for Explorer) there are separate locker rooms, showers, steam room, "experiential shower" and cold room areas for men and for women. Well, needless to say, I'm assuming you gentlemen have the same great facilities on your side of the wall?

(and I'm sorry...I just spotted this thread is about Navigator. Rather than delete my post, I'll leave it here for you to ignore - it might be useful info for someone else :rolleyes: )

And I'm just commenting because Gilly's post made me laugh (and was very accurate about the Explorer):D

I'm 99% certain that the locker room is available for people using the sauna and steam room (on the Navigator as well as Regent's other ships).

Thanks Travelcat but my question was whether the sauna and steamroom is accessible to people not having a Canyon Spa appointment and not to know whether you can access the locker room if you use the sauna.

Thanks for your kind answer. Cheers from Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Travelcat but my question was whether the sauna and steamroom is accessible to people not having a Canyon Spa appointment and not to know whether you can access the locker room if you use the sauna.

Thanks for your kind answer. Cheers from Switzerland.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oops - I should have said a simple "yes" instead of going through the explanation:p

my question was whether the sauna and steamroom is accessible to people not having a Canyon Spa appointment

...Cheers from Switzerland.

Sorry, SSCAF001, I confused the issue by chiming in with my two pennyworth, too. I hope you get a satisfactory answer.

How's the weather there in Switzerland? We'll be in Winterthur next weekend and are hoping for a little Swiss Spring!