Specialty Dinning reservation prior to cruise, NOW AVAILABLE!

jillyfish

I heard on another thread they were trying this out on the Star on a trial basis. I also did reserve mine early for the Star. You do have to pay for it upfront, however. There was an icon on the top of the screen under my booking for Specialty Dining Reservations (next to Onboard Reservations).

Would love to hear more.........how?

I guess maybe it's only on Star for now? I did have to pay up front, and the time slots they offer were only 5:30, 7:30, and 9:30, where I remember being able to say whatever time I wanted on the phone onboard. I went back and took a screenshot.

Edit: ...I guess you're not allowed to post links on this forum or something? Copy and remove the spaces to make it work.

http:// i.imgur .com/EKxujEH .jpg

Edited by thundercleese
sidebar says I can use [IMG] but it edits the URL to be unusable

I guess maybe it's only on Star for now? I did have to pay up front, and the time slots they offer were only 5:30, 7:30, and 9:30, where I remember being able to say whatever time I wanted on the phone onboard. I went back and took a screenshot.

Edit: ...I guess you're not allowed to post links on this forum or something? Copy and remove the spaces to make it work.

http:// i.imgur .com/EKxujEH .jpg

a) You can probably go to the specialty restaurant after you have boarded and see if they can change your time to one you would prefer.

b) Yes, you can post links. Sometimes they will be shown with part of it missing, but if you click on it it will work. However, if the link has a series of letters that forms a nasty word, you will see asterisks and it will not work.

b) Yes, you can post links. Sometimes they will be shown with part of it missing, but if you click on it it will work. However, if the link has a series of letters that forms a nasty word, you will see asterisks and it will not work.

No nasty words in this link, but it kept replacing a section with asterisks and did not work when I clikced on it before editing.

http://i.**********/EKxujEH.jpg

I hope this does not become the norm on all ships. :mad:

Why would it be something to be angry about? Just adds another option to take care of ahead of time and not feel like you have to rush after boarding. I highly doubt they would make all of the inventory available online, there would certainly be tables still available to reserve after boarding for those who don't deal with the internet well.

We have upcoming cruises on the Emerald, Grand and Coral and I couldn't pre-book specialty on any of those. Yet anyway.

I just checked each of our future cruises and can now pre-reserve specialty dining for all of them. But it states that it has to be pre-paid and if I plan on using onboard credits or promotional meals I have to book onboard.