Azamara's Entertainers!

BBMacLaird

We wholeheartedly endorse Lottie A's comments.

Tony is a wonderful CD and a great asset for Azamara.

He is talented & erudite. And you can have the most intelligent, amusing & interesting conversations with him.

Azamara are indeed very fortunate to have three such different, but all equally amazing, Cruise Directors.

( Vaguelyinterestedofripon ...if you're reading this, Tony, then you'll know who we are!)

We agree as well.

We had a delightful and informative conversation with Tony prior to Journey's drydock. Appreciated that it was at his initiative.

As you point out, each CD has his own strengths, and we are never concerned as to which will be in charge on our next cruise.

I too adore Tony Markey. I have sailed with him numerous times, on both Azamara and Seabourn.

I realize that everyone has different tastes, be it in wine or personalities that they prefer. But I for one find it questionable to negatively critique a human being on social media, whether it is one of our Azamara staff, one of our guests, or a CC poster. It serves no productive purpose, does it?

That said, I am not the moderator of this forum so this is just my personal opinion.

Bonnie - I agree with you about the negative posts, and also about Tony!!

We have never had the opportunity to cruise with Russ (have heard only good things about him), but have cruised with Tony and Eric and love both of them- both are such wonderful and amazing people as well as entertainers, and we have felt both are fantastic and Azamara should be proud to have them - we have also been fortunate to have had Christine onboard with Tony a few times, and she is also wonderful and an extra special treat to have her perform.

We look forward to cruising with Tony again in a few weeks -and we are hoping Christine is with him once again!!

Bonnie - I agree with you about the negative posts, and also about Tony!!

We have never had the opportunity to cruise with Russ (have heard only good things about him), but have cruised with Tony and Eric and love both of them- both are such wonderful and amazing people as well as entertainers, and we have felt both are fantastic and Azamara should be proud to have them - we have also been fortunate to have had Christine onboard with Tony a few times, and she is also wonderful and an extra special treat to have her perform.

We look forward to cruising with Tony again in a few weeks -and we are hoping Christine is with him once again!!

We asked Tony in early March and he said Christine would be joining him for a few cruises this spring. Hope she's on yours.

Azamara are lucky to have three excellent Cruise Directors, each with different personalities and strengths, and we are always delighted to meet up with each of them.

If for some reason passengers do not appreciate any individual this open forum is not the correct platform to air their personal opinions, although I am sure that Azamara management correctly evaluate all comments

Would be interesting to hear the views of the Cruise Directors about some passengers!!

We asked Tony in early March and he said Christine would be joining him for a few cruises this spring. Hope she's on yours.

I think that Christine embarked in Miami before the Miami to Nice TA but, unfortunately, don't know for how many cruises she will be onboard.

We love the Tony/Christine White Nights...... So much fun!

I think that Christine embarked in Miami before the Miami to Nice TA but, unfortunately, don't know for how many cruises she will be onboard.

We love the Tony/Christine White Nights...... So much fun!

Tony moves to Quest on May 1 for two months.

Azamara are lucky to have three excellent Cruise Directors, each with different personalities and strengths, and we are always delighted to meet up with each of them.

If for some reason passengers do not appreciate any individual this open forum is not the correct platform to air their personal opinions, although I am sure that Azamara management correctly evaluate all comments

Would be interesting to hear the views of the Cruise Directors about some passengers!!

I disagree, as long as the opinion doesn't include a personal attack on an individual. I've sailed on ships where the CDs couldn't carry a tune but sing anyway, where they mock passengers, and were arrogant and unapproachable (actually that was an all-in-one on another line). I might tone all of that down on a public forum, but if somebody starts raving about that person, I might opine that I don't care for him/her and state the reason why.

:)I agree we all have our own favourite Cruise Directors and all are extremely talented. I'm also fortunate to have sailed with all of them and find Tony the most sociable and the most fun. The edge is with Tony and Christine who are fabulous performers together and made both of my trips. Thank you. :)