Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Hi Axita1,

Depends which port you are visiting but we have been on Azamara 6 times to date & tendering has only ever been about 10 - 15 minutes , some have been a little choppy but most fairly smooth . It can be quite a fun & chatty experience .

My Husbands not too good on rough seas but he has never had any problems when tendering .

Hope this helps , Ann.

Hi Axita1,

Depends which port you are visiting but we have been on Azamara 6 times to date & tendering has only ever been about 10 - 15 minutes , some have been a little choppy but most fairly smooth . It can be quite a fun & chatty experience .

My Husbands not too good on rough seas but he has never had any problems when tendering .

Hope this helps , Ann.

Hi Ann,

We will stop in Sorrento, Amalfi, Santorini, Mykonos and Taormina. We have booked private tours on all ports. Being our first time on a cruise we don't know how long it will take us to meet the tour guide given the fact that all these ports are tender ports.

Daniela

Great itinerary Daniela , the tour guides are usually waiting for the tenders to come in & allow time for this . You should have no problems with Azamara as being a small boat everyone is off fairly quickly . If we have an early start booked we normally have a room service breakfast to save time . You will love Azamara , you have started with the best . Be warned though it becomes addictive . Enjoy your cruise . Ann.

• 2 weeks later...

Journey, #8044

Port, mid-ship forward.

Would definitely stay here again! Great location. Near service hallway, but no noise.

Bed faces forward

Sofa chair(quite comfortable); leather/wood/chrome chair was also comfortable for sitting(not for curling up tho). Table was very heavy for stability, but is movable.

3 huge drawers, 2 small in vanity, 1 shelf above fridge cabinet; several in closet space.

Balcony has larger table with 3 comfortable chairs with foam pads.

3 standard North American outlets with grounding capability; 2 European outlets. 4 of the outlets are on the side of the desk next to window(so you do not find them immediately) 1 outlet on wall above fridge counter.

Large mirror above desk for those who need to blow-dry hair:-)

Bathroom: bathtub/shower combo. Shower curtain, but plenty of room, and storage. All shelves have lip to prevent things falling off. Large wall mirror and magnifying mirror that reverses to regular mirror. 1 robe hook on wall, and 1 on door. 1 towel rack.

Connecting cabin with 4016. Would NEVER have a connecting cabin again. One of the ladies in the next cabin had a very strident voice so we could hear every word she said.

Small sofa pushed against the door with the table pushed up against the sofa. Totally useless.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in cabin 7057. Numerous problems with this room including an air conditioning problem that could not be fixed by the maintenance engineer. The location was midway between the elevators, however was across the hall from a group of interior cabins. Housekeeping was stationed outside our door, which could be noisy at times. I wouldn't want to stay in this cabin again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from the Journey and got an upgrade to stateroom 8093, verandah cabin at the aft betwee 2 huge suites.

Would I book this cabin by myself? NO.

It was nice, the refurbished parts with the old parts (like old closets, old writing table with a new deskslab), old yellow light swithes on a stylish silver wallpaper (did not look good). Nice carpeting, wonderful new bed and bedside lockers. Very good wall lamp with an included reading light, which is ajustable and the USB hub which you only can find at the underpart of the lamp when you know it.

The bathroom has the same size than an inside stateroom, the showercurtain is sticking to you body while having a shower. Enough space to place all the things you need in the bathroom, 3 wallshelfs above the toilette and a small cabinet under the sink.

Yes, the verandah is bigger than in a normal suite, we visited, it´s deeper. But always dirty even if the stateroom attendant cleans it every morning. You may never forget to use a towel to cover the seats, or you will get a dirty pant.

And a lot of vibrations. I was told, that these are less than on the decks beneath. But vibrations are so strong, if you hold an Ebook, it vibrates also when you are reading in bed. Not simple to read, but you will get used to it.

We also got used to it sleeping in a vibrating bed, but people with seasickness problems should not book this cabintype.

Marita

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin 7053

Azamara Journey

March 2016

Interior (our first)

Mid-ship (elevator banks and stairs equidistant)

Would book it again, most definitely

No noise from neighboring cabin

Heard voices a couple of times from crew area behind the cabin but not an issue

Little to none movement or vibration because of location

Cabin attendants service trolley by the door during the day

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin 6001

Azamara Journey

March 2016

Deluxe Veranda

Front facing cabin

Balcony a bit larger, open to the sky, gorgeous view!

Would book it again, yes, but not for a TA

Some noice during docking and in the afternoon from the stage below but not an issue

More movement due to the location, especially when sea is rough

Cabin attendants service trolley by the door during the day

We booked a guarantee veranda und got this cabin assigned. After reading some very negative review we were really worried about the location but we actually liked it very much! The view from the balcony is amazing, especially when you come into port or at night. Wind usually was not much of a problem even on seadays it seldom comes directly from the front so you will find a more sheltered corner. A little breezy was nice at higher temperatures.

The noice during docking was less than we expected, usually we are up anyway to watch the process, we found it interesting. The workers try to avoid to look up to you and if you sit you have privacy.

In the afternoon you might here some music from the stage. For us neither a problem.

There is more movement in the front, thats a fact. If you are prone to seasickness this is not the cabin for you. We had some days with a little rocky sea but we actually felt like a baby in a crib and enjoyed the movement.

Other than the location this cabin is the same size and interior as a standard veranda and there is nothing special. I won´t pay a premium for this cabin but take it in a heatbeat if I get it for a good price and if I sail in calmer, probably not for a TA crossing.

The new decor is nice but it looked like they had not enough time, f.e. wallpapers need to be fixed in the seams and TV wasn´t hanging straight. Bathroom is very small but was ok for us.

• 4 weeks later...
We were in cabin 7057. Numerous problems with this room including an air conditioning problem that could not be fixed by the maintenance engineer. The location was midway between the elevators, however was across the hall from a group of interior cabins. Housekeeping was stationed outside our door, which could be noisy at times. I wouldn't want to stay in this cabin again.

I'm booked in this cabin on the 9th September to sail from UK to Canada, help, what would you recommend, I think it is now a full ship.

We are also on this cruise.

I have just looked on a German site that has the following available:

I would ring your TA, or Azamara if you booked direct!

Very many thanks Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin 7112

Azamara Quest

June 2016

V3 Balcony

Aft (last cabin at the back next to the suite)

Would you book it again? Not if there was another V3 available...

It has a slightly restricted balcony view. As it is the last cabin on the port side, it has a sloping roof, so you cannot both sit either side of the table and still stand up and lean over the balcony. We moved the table to the end and shoved it under the slope so we could both sit and stand up when leaving port.

Apart from that, there is nothing wrong with the cabin - no noticeable noise, two decks up and down to food!

• 5 weeks later...

The size of the cabin was ok for the three of us. We had the table removed so we have space opening up the chair/bed for our son. Our bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of hangers in the closet and lots of space for clothes in drawers. The luggages fit perfectly under the bed.

The tender is right underneath the cabin so every morning at 7 or earlier we were woken up by the noise. Therefore, I will NOT book this cabin again.

Edited by Axita1
Forgot name of ship

In the spirit of moving forward, I would like to offer to help with some information on this board and maybe if it works, Andy would be happy to make a sticky out of the thread

On the Celebrity board, there is a very useful spreadsheet kept up to date by one of the cruisers where others can search for information on a cabin. Here on Azamara, we have to try and search and trawl for information and I am offering to create and maintain with say forthnightly updates a similar spreadsheet.

For it to work, everyone has to post information in a consistent way and also only use the thread to post information, not to engage in debate (pop over to the Celebrity board if you want to see more on how it works)

For Azamara, I would suggest the information should be

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

How do others feel about this - if you think we do not need it here, please say, I will not be offended!!!!

7060 - Quest - 5/2016 - Choose again? Yes - Noise an Issue? No - Balcony Size Normal. Very convenient to the laundry room.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin 6035 on Journey is the worst cabin we have ever had. Nowhere to sit apart from chair at vanity mirror. Very small cabin and tiny bathroom. We complained and got moved to cabin 4019 which is a connecting cabin. Slightly better but still no sofa. Only a chair with a table pushed right up against it. Absolutely useless but better than 6035. I would avoid these cabins in future.

I am sorry it has taken me so long but here is the updated spreadsheet.

A small plea, if you want to ask others about a particular cabin do it on a main (non sticky) thread so we can keep this thread easy for people to find information about specific cabins

Ann

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 040816.pdf

I am sorry it has taken me so long but here is the updated spreadsheet.

A small plea, if you want to ask others about a particular cabin do it on a main (non sticky) thread so we can keep this thread easy for people to find information about specific cabins

Ann

Thank you Ann, for your time and effort! It is most appreciated:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number: 6009

Ship: Journey

Month/Year: June 2016

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: Some music(very low)from Cabaret in the afternoon during rehearsals. No big problem

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: very great location

The size of the cabin was ok for the three of us. We had the table removed so we have space opening up the chair/bed for our son. Our bed was very comfortable. There were plenty of hangers in the closet and lots of space for clothes in drawers. The luggages fit perfectly under the bed.

The tender is right underneath the cabin so every morning at 7 or earlier we were woken up by the noise. Therefore, I will NOT book this cabin again.

What an excellent built in Alarm Clock to get up.

Cabin: 8043

Ship: Quest

Date: August 2016

Choose again: I would not choose this cabin again

Noise: Noise is an issue. Between 6 and 7 a.m. each day, I was awoken by the banging of the lounge chairs on the pool deck as staff set them up.

Balcony: standard for club continent suite

Other: This cabin has a shower and a wing chair. The shelf in the bathroom was narrow. Some cabins have deeper shelves.