Staterooms 8800,8801,8802 & 8803

workingtocruise-59

We are looking at booking one of these staterooms. Has anyone seen one or stayed in one? Any opinions - good or bad?

Thank you!

I saw one on Journey before agreeing to book one last week. It is quite far forward but other than that, I did not notice any difference to other balcony rooms. I went ahead and booked it in preference to one opposite the laundry room which was the last other one left as I did not want the daytime traffic near my room.

I too would be interested in hearing from someone who has stayed in the room.

I saw one on Journey before agreeing to book one last week. It is quite far forward but other than that, I did not notice any difference to other balcony rooms. I went ahead and booked it in preference to one opposite the laundry room which was the last other one left as I did not want the daytime traffic near my room.

long walk to dinner.. Two are below the gym! i would want the one below the salon side vs gym side.

Thank you. Yes, they are quite forward but I thought they might be different to the other balconies as they are "new" guest staterooms.

So, presumably, they have the same wardrobes with the new "stick-on" fronts?

We do have many other choices for the cruise we are considering - midships deck 7, for example. Would that, in your opinion, be a better choice?

I sailed in 8801 up the west coast of Mexico in February. I LOVED it!

It is so quiet up there :)

Thanks, it did seem quiet and you will have the fun of almost having a wing bridge view of the action. A longer walk to the dining room might be a good idea for me :)

• 2 months later...

We have just been allocated 8800 - I must admit I did panic as it isn't showing on the deck plans of the brochure I have!

We'll be back in a month if you can wait for the comments?

Unfortunately a UK booking so cannot change for anything else.

Is it a V1 grade? So I'm guessing the usual sofa and shower set up.....a bit out of touch with Aza as I haven't been on her for 2 years so not sure what the refurbs did. TIA

Edited by little britain

We have just been allocated 8800 - I must admit I did panic as it isn't showing on the deck plans of the brochure I have!

We'll be back in a month if you can wait for the comments?

Unfortunately a UK booking so cannot change for anything else.

Is it a V1 grade? So I'm guessing the usual sofa and shower set up.....a bit out of touch with Aza as I haven't been on her for 2 years so not sure what the refurbs did. TIA

Yes, it's a V1, brand new cabin cut from space taken up by officers cabins. I'd certainly prefer 8800 side as its under the new Spa Suites rather than gym.

Phil

• 1 month later...

We had 8802 for 3 weeks in July this year and we had nothing but trouble with our toilet. We wondered about the new spa suites just above perhaps causing issues. 8 times non functioning and 1 time where after "repair" it wouldn't stop flushing.

As veteran cruisers and DH ex navy we are quite familiar with vacuum flush systems and never use anything we shouldn't. Sometimes we would go out for the day sightseeing with the system working and come back to no flush.

We took to flushing first to see if it was working before using our own facilities.

A very stressful experience. Miserable experience and would not recommend the cabin.

Written complaint after 4th experience got us a call 2 days later.... by which time we were on our 6th unhappy moment. The 'fix' resulted in the system flushing periodically by itself which we endured for the sake of operational reasons until the moment when it wouldn't stop flushing.

Otherwise.... quiet location and fun to watch the captain as you are close to the bridge deck when the ship is navigating tricky spots.

Wow on the toilet story. I was in a spa suite in June..no problem.malsonthe HD is great surprised she did not come up with Richard and fix the toilet. I hope someone sent you a bottle of wine at least.

I have to say I was very disappointed in guest services. We only ever got the junior and she would just say she was very sorry. The nice but not very fluent in English Chinese tech would come, do his magic and it would work for a day or 2 again. Sometimes we would flush to see it was working, make our deposit only to find it wasn't working for when we needed it. Wait 15 or 20 minutes and then it would work. We couldn't find any logic to when it would or wouldn't work.

It is the worst problem we have ever had on a cruise ship. We have sailed a lot with Royal Carribbean and the 2 occasions we have had issues (and none this serious) the hotel director and the staff captain visited us personally to discuss and worked with us to find a satisfactory solution.

Azmara is supposed to be the 5 star but our guest services experience wasn't even 1 star.

There was a lot to like otherwise. The food was amazing and we loved cruise director Russ. But this is fundamental to even a 1 star. It was our first experience with Azamara, we were really looking forward to it and this definately has impacted our view of the brand.

I have to say I was very disappointed in guest services. We only ever got the junior and she would just say she was very sorry. The nice but not very fluent in English Chinese tech would come, do his magic and it would work for a day or 2 again. Sometimes we would flush to see it was working, make our deposit only to find it wasn't working for when we needed it. Wait 15 or 20 minutes and then it would work. We couldn't find any logic to when it would or wouldn't work.

It is the worst problem we have ever had on a cruise ship. We have sailed a lot with Royal Carribbean and the 2 occasions we have had issues (and none this serious) the hotel director and the staff captain visited us personally to discuss and worked with us to find a satisfactory solution.

Azmara is supposed to be the 5 star but our guest services experience wasn't even 1 star.

There was a lot to like otherwise. The food was amazing and we loved cruise director Russ. But this is fundamental to even a 1 star. It was our first experience with Azamara, we were really looking forward to it and this definately has impacted our view of the brand.

Thought you were on the JR but see it was the Quest.. Not sure who the HD was that cruise or Chief of Housekeeping. But I always had things fixed. sounds like someone in a spa suite flush bad things and ruin your toilet. Again I am sorry. major problems I write a letter and send to the person in charge or stand at front desk while they type the email. .sounds like the top people never knew.

Thought you were on the JR but see it was the Quest.. Not sure who the HD was that cruise or Chief of Housekeeping. But I always had things fixed. sounds like someone in a spa suite flush bad things and ruin your toilet. Again I am sorry. major problems I write a letter and send to the person in charge or stand at front desk while they type the email. .sounds like the top people never knew.

We wrote. DH is ex navy as previously mentioned. In our letter to guest services he wrote some suggested system amendments based on his operational experience with "heads". The Guest services manager was aware. Engineering spent a day in our cabin when we were out and it was after that we had the one time where the system wouldn't stop flushing! (Talk about getting what you wish for).

We had 8800 on our recent cruise.

45c7926d62012d4e9e6eaf43f000a41b.jpg

I must admit I was slightly concerned about being next to the large crew access door opening and closing but we did not hear a thing.

The only issue was again with drains - it smelt as if the previous occupant had kept a couple of tom cats in the bathroom........

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

• 1 year later...

We have today disembarked Azamara Journey in Hong Kong. We have been in cabin 8802 for the last 2 weeks. I would not recommend any of the cabins which were cut from the officers quarters. The walls between 8800 and 8802 were paper thin, so thin that the continual coughing all night and toilet flushing from the occupants in 8800 kept us awake. I am extremely disappointed. Take these cabins at your peril. I will be writing a full report once I return to Australia after Christmas. So watch this space!

We have today disembarked Azamara Journey in Hong Kong. We have been in cabin 8802 for the last 2 weeks. I would not recommend any of the cabins which were cut from the officers quarters. The walls between 8800 and 8802 were paper thin, so thin that the continual coughing all night and toilet flushing from the occupants in 8800 kept us awake. I am extremely disappointed. Take these cabins at your peril. I will be writing a full report once I return to Australia after Christmas. So watch this space!

Don't forget to post to the Azamara Cabins Thread too:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813056

Sorry that happened to you. I think it's something that can be said of other cabins too. It just depends upon the neighbour you have. I've been unlucky in the past with coughers, talkers and constant toilet flushers. And don't get me started on Mr and Mrs Doorschlammer.

Phil

I had 8801 for 17 days this summer on the Norway cruise. Loved the location, very quiet and convenient to the forward stairs. Extra perk was getting to hear Eric rehearse occasionally, as the cruise director’s cabin is just the other side of the crew access doors. 😀

Sorry that happened to you. I think it's something that can be said of other cabins too. It just depends upon the neighbour you have. I've been unlucky in the past with coughers, talkers and constant toilet flushers. And don't get me started on Mr and Mrs Doorschlammer.

Phil

Better coughers than cougars! [Depending on your plans for the evening ;)]

Never mind the deaf late night tv watchers. It happens on all ships all the time. Just something you have to accept and be ready for - it can strike at any time and in any room or suite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by uktog