Quest Drydock, will there be live blog?

wiscfamily

Well, the Journey refit live thread here was created by Host Andy, a CC Member with no connection (that I can see, other than love) to Azamara. So OP, you could volunteer! All you need to do is follow Azamara and their crew on social media to see what photos & videos they might post and copy them here:D

Well, the Journey refit live thread here was created by Host Andy, a CC Member with no connection (that I can see, other than love) to Azamara. So OP, you could volunteer! All you need to do is follow Azamara and their crew on social media to see what photos & videos they might post and copy them here:D

Andy was reusing the photos and materials posted on Facebook by Captain Johannes and Heike. So any blog will be very much dependent on Captain Jose and the officers on Quest. You may get less because Philip/Ryszard are not so IT engaged.

Andy was reusing the photos and materials posted on Facebook by Captain Johannes and Heike. So any blog will be very much dependent on Captain Jose and the officers on Quest. You may get less because Philip/Ryszard are not so IT engaged.

I agree. I think we have probably seen the best of it with Journey as both Johannes and Heike are very social media involved and active at taking photos.

Phil

You may get less because Philip/Ryszard are not so IT engaged.

Well, perhaps they've been given some guidance from the central office on how much customers enjoy the engagement, because....

The Captain of the Quest has started tweeting about the Reimagination: @AzamaraQuest😀

CeeyD_VXEAEQJa-.jpg

Twitter is picking up :D

(also there was a long chat between some travel agents & Larry Pimental on Twitter yesterday afternoon - focus of the tweets Q&A I saw was on the Mediterranean if you're interested & want to go look it up. For those who don't know, you do not have to have a Twitter account to read others tweets and you don't even have to use an app on a device - use any browser and go to twitter.com - look up @LarryPimental, @AzamaraQuest, @AzamaraJourney, @AzamaraClubCruises etc)

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 6m6 minutes ago

Today @AzamaraQuest has officially entered 'dry-dock'. Over 1100 contractors & crew will tackle this critical project. We are very focused.

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 27m27 minutes ago Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the bridge" - Day 1- She is In. 14 days ,1100 Workers , 24 hours non stop, #REimagine the QUEST.

CezZ8l6WIAEDxKX.jpg

CezZ8NbWIAA9iW0.jpg

Edited by Hoyaheel

Hi Everyone,

I realize that some have asked if Azamara or myself will be posting photos from Quest's Drydock, here on Cruise Critic. Unfortunately, I will be unable to put any time in this time around, for 2 reasons : 1) I'm cruising on Sunday for 2 weeks, which overlaps the majority of Quest's Drydock, and 2) My home was severerly damaged late last week. About 1/2 of my home (and walls) are soaked, and I wont be able to live there for an extended period of time.

My first thought to cancel our Cruise on Celebrity this Sunday. However, being that I have no place to sleep, other than My Mom's couch, I though we might as well go on the Cruise, and leave the work to the restoration company. For sure, the bedding will be way more comfy onboard Eclipse !

I sincerely wish I could take the time to post photos for our wonderful community, but it's totally impossible this time around. Hopefully Bonnie & Hoyaheel, along with our other members, will post photos on this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Wishing everyone at Azamara and Quest a very successful Drydock !

Edited by Host Andy

Such bad news about your house Andy, I hope the renovations go well.

Have a good cruise.

Thank You UpwardUK. My home *was* so beautiful, and it's a total mess now. Debris everywhere. Very depressing. Hopefully, it's beauty can eventually be restored, but it's a massive project which BTW, I have zero time for, and no family in the area to help out. Very challenging to say the least. For now, my gameplan is to go on the Cruise with Mom, enjoy myself, and let the professionals try to remediate the damage. I will worry about the decorative matters when I return home from Eclipse. Thank goodness for insurance - I hope. LOL

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, I am so, so sorry about your home! I hope they can get a lot of things done while you are on your cruise, AND that you allow yourself to relax just a little bit.

Sorry to hear about your house Andy, but it was fortuitous that you already had an alternate living arrangement line up! And maybe you can get the Azamara reno crew to come to your house when they are done with Quest! ;)

Azamara Club Cruises ‏@AzamaraVoyages 24m24 minutes ago

We just added new photos from the @AzamaraQuest dry dock process to a Facebook album! http://*******/1Tlq2e4

12924600_10153655042712144_7449199628939154890_n.jpg?oh=5467c9bcf324cca8c0b69ce3135ad593&oe=5774641A

12938215_10153655038132144_770189501347273450_n.jpg?oh=efaba21ce97a2a8af8e761ae0d14cad4&oe=5776791E

12439484_10153655038162144_8505978006403776348_n.jpg?oh=5def9a9d2abb386b4c1f34d69b1bf385&oe=57834AE7

Our talented and hardworking chefs are preparing three meals a day for 1400 people during dry dock!

12919887_10153655037992144_3023442690074769894_n.jpg?oh=a656211c78e67ada3e87627caad7bd1d&oe=57815413

Goodbye Looking Glass, see you soon Living Room!

12512740_10153655038157144_7010605500207639181_n.jpg?oh=bf079f3a2a306c5ad4da1077a96e5ada&oe=577B0348

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 1h1 hour ago

#Drydock continues as we served meals in the last 24 hours for over 1400 workers. Great crews ever...#positive!

CfEKW-lW4AIMLse.jpg

Take it apart...walk it away...demolition in full progress. Various workers are on the ship 24/7. What an effort..

CfEJ43iWAAAozpD.jpg

Suite distraction .... The Drydock is progressing! #Shipping #cruise #drydock

CfEGsrXXEAMCs6A.jpg