Dress Code Clarification

jkadventures

The brochure guidance clearly says no jeans or shorts in the dining room, however, it does not specify this is only during dinner hours. Should one imply this means no shorts or jeans for breakfast/lunch in the dining room? Thanks for any insight.

The brochure guidance clearly says no jeans or shorts in the dining room, however, it does not specify this is only during dinner hours. Should one imply this means no shorts or jeans for breakfast/lunch in the dining room? Thanks for any insight.

Fine at breakfast and lunch.

No jeans in the MDR in the evening - chinos are fine, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The policy as published on the ships reads "no BLUE jeans". So the above comments which suggest no jeans at all are wrong.

My son, 25, has wore modern chino/ jeans in many different colours. These are very smart with polo shirts or shirt sleeve shirts. He were light weight smart shoes.

We had some useful advice for our first Azamara cruise last year. If your clothes are suitable for a good land based resturant you'll be Ok.

I was surprised by the variety of what we would term smart casual. It varied from 'clean and tidy' to 'wow.' One lady wore some vintage cocktail dresses that my daughter would have given her right arm for.

Personally, we like to see fellow cruisers looking as though they have made an effort with their appearance in the MDR.

As the rules are relaxed, there is always someone who wants to push the boundaries further.

We noticed this on Crystal too. Two years ago, Celebrity were beginning to relax their formal evening attire, which by now is possibly not required.

The policy as published on the ships reads "no BLUE jeans". So the above comments which suggest no jeans at all are wrong.

This is wrong too, certainly as far as the cruise I've just done on Journey. No mention of the prohibition of blue jeans, just distressed/rips and tears as I mentioned in my previous post. This is in line with the Celebrity policy.

Phil

This is wrong too, certainly as far as the cruise I've just done on Journey. No mention of the prohibition of blue jeans, just distressed/rips and tears as I mentioned in my previous post. This is in line with the Celebrity policy.

Phil

You are absolutely correct Phil

I can confirm guests were entering the MDR in Blue jeans on the nights I was there without question.

I saw no one try and enter with those awful thought to be trendy ripped jeans but then given the demographics on the cruise, not entirely surprising :D

It seems that the rules are applied differently by different members of the crew.

On our November cruise ,on Journey ,my husband was refused entry to the restaurant because he wore BLUE jeans (perfectly ironed with crease and no rips).

We went back to our stateroom and he changed to BLACK jeans .

We were shown to our seats in the restaurant without problem.

We are still wondering....

It seems that the rules are applied differently by different members of the crew.

On our November cruise ,on Journey ,my husband was refused entry to the restaurant because he wore BLUE jeans (perfectly ironed with crease and no rips).

We went back to our stateroom and he changed to BLACK jeans .

We were shown to our seats in the restaurant without problem.

We are still wondering....

I recall on Quest in December/January a sign saying no blue jeans. I'm thinking the change to no ripped jeans (aka non ripped are ok) was post refurbishment and as ever the website will be a little behind the update.

As the Azamara board has always avoided "dress code wars" seen on other boards maybe Bonnie can get the definitive current position so we can then forget about the dress code!

Our Dress Code has been updated. Here's the link to the webpage "Recommended Attire".

Sorry to say, Bonnie, but I think that page is contradictory. First it says "jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants" but does not specify that shorts, and, I'm pretty sure, jeans, are allowed in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch. Then, later, it specifies that "shorts and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed during dinner."

So in one place it says "jeans" (with no qualifiers) are not allowed and later it specifies torn/distressed jeans are not allowed. No wonder people are confused.

Our Dress Code has been updated. Here's the link to the webpage "Recommended Attire".

Bonnie

The link takes me to this information

"Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt."

It does not seem to be the updated information as jeans were allowed last week - is it that the link is then facing the UK site for me that is not yet updated?

Bonnie

The link takes me to this information

"Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt."

It does not seem to be the updated information as jeans were allowed last week - is it that the link is then facing the UK site for me that is not yet updated?

Here's what the Recommended Attire tab says now (at least it does on the US site):

RECOMMENDED ATTIRE

For women: sportswear, casual dresses, skirts, pants and capris, blouses and knit tops. Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk, and wool gabardine are always appropriate.

For men: sportswear, collared golf and polo shirts, shorts, pants, and a sport coat if desired (not required). Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk, and wool gabardine are best.

For Discoveries, Aqualina and Prime C Restaurants: No bare feet, ball caps, tank tops or bathing suits are permitted in these areas. Shorts and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed during dinner.

For everyone: Be sure to pack a sweater and a lightweight wind breaker for cooler mornings and evenings. And don't forget your workout clothes! You will also need a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports, and a swimsuit and cover-up. You may also want to pack more conservative day/port wear for onshore excursions. This clothing should be culturally appropriate for museums, restaurants and religious sites.

Sorry to say, Bonnie, but I think that page is contradictory. First it says "jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants" but does not specify that shorts, and, I'm pretty sure, jeans, are allowed in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch. Then, later, it specifies that "shorts and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed during dinner."

So in one place it says "jeans" (with no qualifiers) are not allowed and later it specifies torn/distressed jeans are not allowed. No wonder people are confused.

I see that now! The header paragraph needs updating to match the new (more relaxed) shorts & jeans policy. I've forwarded this info along to our web gurus so they can fix the header. Thanks for calling our attention to this.

I see that now! The header paragraph needs updating to match the new (more relaxed) shorts & jeans policy. I've forwarded this info along to our web gurus so they can fix the header. Thanks for calling our attention to this.

Thanks for that, the policy published 100% reflects what was happening on Journey last week.

Here in the UK, the information we have is shown in these screen shots. No mention of Recommended b5073c64a00c628e18530fb871e09a91.jpg7c4d9c7626cf5698e970ca6079d02955.jpgAttire for Discoveries and speciality restaurants.

I just returned from the Miami Nice cruise.

Standards are getting worse.

Lots of Jeans, T shirts, men with hats on, drinking beer from bottles.

Even a dog sitting on a chair eating chicken off a saucer.l

I mentioned the dog frequently. There was one man with a hat on backwards scruffy shirt and blue jeans who was fawned over by themaitre d.every night.