Bonnie: re Quest 9th Sept 2016

MrMojoRisin

Bonnie, thank you for sorting out the boarding time issue for our 4th June Journey cruise.

We will also be sailing on the 9th September 2016 Quest cruise from Southampton to Montreal - a fantastic itinerary by the way. I wonder if you could help with a question I have.

We have booked the cruise with flights and transfers. It seems that our flight home from Montreal to London will depart at 8pm. If we take the usual transfer, say at 9am, we will have an exceedingly long wait at the airport. I note that, on the excursions list there is the possibility of an airport transfer with tour. However, this is listed as a 3hour 30minute tour which, I guess, would get us to the airport by no later than 1pm, which still involves a very long wait at the airport.

Do you know if Azamara will be laying on something specifically for those of us with such later flights?

(Just over 3 years ago, we were on the Journey on a cruise which finished in Chennai. Because of the late flight, Azamara included a day room at an excellent hotel which enabled us to spend some more time in Chennai and to freshen up before our flight. I was hoping there might be something like that)

I realise this query is a few months ahead of the cruise but it would be very helpful to know the answer so that, if necessary, I can look into alternative arrangements for disembarkation day.

Many thanks in advance.

Bonnie, thank you for sorting out the boarding time issue for our 4th June Journey cruise.

We will also be sailing on the 9th September 2016 Quest cruise from Southampton to Montreal - a fantastic itinerary by the way. I wonder if you could help with a question I have.

We have booked the cruise with flights and transfers. It seems that our flight home from Montreal to London will depart at 8pm. If we take the usual transfer, say at 9am, we will have an exceedingly long wait at the airport. I note that, on the excursions list there is the possibility of an airport transfer with tour. However, this is listed as a 3hour 30minute tour which, I guess, would get us to the airport by no later than 1pm, which still involves a very long wait at the airport.

Do you know if Azamara will be laying on something specifically for those of us with such later flights?

(Just over 3 years ago, we were on the Journey on a cruise which finished in Chennai. Because of the late flight, Azamara included a day room at an excellent hotel which enabled us to spend some more time in Chennai and to freshen up before our flight. I was hoping there might be something like that)

I realise this query is a few months ahead of the cruise but it would be very helpful to know the answer so that, if necessary, I can look into alternative arrangements for disembarkation day.

Many thanks in advance.

We are also on that flight and so we too are interested in the reply.

Having late departure flights is where P&O come out favourable by allowing passengers to stay on board until departure times.

Many thanks in advance.

This query has been forwarded to the UK office since your air is arranged through them. They are looking at it. Best of luck!

Many thanks in advance.

As a former Montrealer I know the city quite well. You will dock at the old Port next to Old Montreal. If I were you, I would book a boutique hotel in Old Montreal for the day. You will be able to walk everywhere easily. It will only cost a few Canadian dollars for a taxi to the hotel and then from the hotel to the airport. The distance from this area to the airport is only about 15 kms. Just be careful not to get stuck in rush hour traffic.

Montreal is a lovely city and I think you will really enjoy Vieux Montreal. Please let me know if you would like anymore info.

As a former Montrealer I know the city quite well. You will dock at the old Port next to Old Montreal. If I were you, I would book a boutique hotel in Old Montreal for the day. You will be able to walk everywhere easily. It will only cost a few Canadian dollars for a taxi to the hotel and then from the hotel to the airport. The distance from this area to the airport is only about 15 kms. Just be careful not to get stuck in rush hour traffic.

Montreal is a lovely city and I think you will really enjoy Vieux Montreal. Please let me know if you would like anymore info.

Thank you for this suggestion - it is something well worth considering.

Still awaiting any response from Bonnie's enquiry on my behalf.

I know it's not Azamara, but within the group I've done flights and transfers included on Celebrity a number of times and have always in the case of flights after 6pm from the US had a day room at an airport hotel. I'm surprised Azamara aren't doing this for you. Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out by them.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Thank you for this suggestion - it is something well worth considering.

Still awaiting any response from Bonnie's enquiry on my behalf.

Have you or your agent communicated with the U.K. Office? This is with them since they booked your air.

We had a similar dilema on a recent cruise where we had bought the flights and transfer package from Azamara which consisted of a late flight and no day room. We did't want to take the excursions offered on departure day and the port authorities prevented Azamara from offering their late departure programme. The problem was solved by concierge Tiago who booked us a day room in hotel. He was able to obtain a good price for us and we did not have to pay anything until we got to the hotel.

We had a similar dilema on a recent cruise where we had bought the flights and transfer package from Azamara which consisted of a late flight and no day room. We did't want to take the excursions offered on departure day and the port authorities prevented Azamara from offering their late departure programme. The problem was solved by concierge Tiago who booked us a day room in hotel. He was able to obtain a good price for us and we did not have to pay anything until we got to the hotel.

Is Tiago a member of the Azamara crew? And he sort out your hotel room during your cruise? If so, that is good service. Hopefully we can do the same.

Is Tiago a member of the Azamara crew? And he sort out your hotel room during your cruise? If so, that is good service. Hopefully we can do the same.

He is the onboard concierge - both ships have onboard concierges who have desks located on Deck 4. They are very helpful employees in a number of situations. Heaven forbid your luggage does not reach the destination airports but the concierges are just great at chasing up with airlines etc

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to be able to report that there has been a very satisfactory outcome to my enquiry.

I should also say that before I made my original post I did raise the issue with the travel agent who claimed that "Azamara say they do not do day rooms".

I emailed Mr Twynam very much along the lines of my original post above. Within 5 minutes I had a reply from him, saying he would get his team to look into it. I should also add that I sent the email just after 6pm on May 2nd, which was a Bank Holiday - so the speed of his response was extraordinary.

I have just received an email which says:

"As you mention the majority of flights from Montreal to the UK are in the evening therefore we will be providing day rooms for fly cruise guests.

Our hotel team are currently looking into different options and once they have finalised the details you will receive an updated confirmation invoice with the hotel details, in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions."

A most impressive response on all counts. Brilliant service from Azamara UK.

That is great news. It is odd though because my travel agent contacted them on 5th May to ask the same question and was told that they have no hotel rooms to offer us.

Maybe had a change of heart

I am pleased to be able to report that there has been a very satisfactory outcome to my enquiry.

I should also say that before I made my original post I did raise the issue with the travel agent who claimed that "Azamara say they do not do day rooms".

I emailed Mr Twynam very much along the lines of my original post above. Within 5 minutes I had a reply from him, saying he would get his team to look into it. I should also add that I sent the email just after 6pm on May 2nd, which was a Bank Holiday - so the speed of his response was extraordinary.

"As you mention the majority of flights from Montreal to the UK are in the evening therefore we will be providing day rooms for fly cruise guests.

Our hotel team are currently looking into different options and once they have finalised the details you will receive an updated confirmation invoice with the hotel details, in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions."

Really pleased they sorted this out for you. I'd have been very surprised if a flight at 8pm came without a day room. Richard Twynham proves once more how excellent he is at resolving problems.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread. I have just paid my balance with my TA and I requested that they contact Azamara re. This issue. They confirmed that Azamara will be providing us a day room on the final day.

If it had not been for your post, I would have arranged one myself.

Full marks also to Azamara for thinking about their customers on their last day. This is an area where other cruise lines should take note, they do a great job of looking after their customers until disembarkation, then they just want you gone.

Another reason to use Azamara in the future.

Full marks also to Azamara for thinking about their customers on their last day. This is an area where other cruise lines should take note, they do a great job of looking after their customers until disembarkation, then they just want you gone.

Celebrity do this as well, so I just Azamara would as they are in the RCCL family.

-------

We have booked the cruise with flights and transfers. It seems that our flight home from Montreal to London will depart at 8pm. ------

MrMojoRisin

I have just been sent yet another invoice.

On looking at it closely I realise that it isn't a reminder to pay by Saturday, but contains details of our post cruise Day hotel- Airport Marriott + transfers to the hotel & from the hotel to the airport.

Having had a previous issue dealt with by Richard Twynam, I am not at all surprised by the fast response and favourable outcome on this occasion also.

We are indeed fortunate to have such great resources in the UK and I trust Azamara/RCI recognise that, especially having tried to deal with RCI staff somewhere in Central America on other issues.

Well done.