Applying for upgrade

Spursgirl

We are hoping to book an Azamara cruise in the next day or so via a TA and plan to apply for the upgrade offer.

Can someone advise whether this is handled by the TA at the time of booking or we do it ourselves via the Azamara website or through Le Club Voyage?

Thank you

Upgrades are handled by your TA as is everything else concerning your booking once made.

Not correct. The LCV upgrade should be applied for via the website. Here is the link and good luck!:)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Phil

Not correct. The LCV upgrade should be applied for via the website. Here is the link and good luck!:)

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Phil

Phil is right. You apply via the Azamara website (for your country) and you include your travel agent's contact information. Your TA will get the call offering the upgrade and should contact you immediately.

Phil is right. You apply via the Azamara website (for your country) and you include your travel agent's contact information. Your TA will get the call offering the upgrade and should contact you immediately.

That is exactly how it worked for us.

I would certainly notify your travel agent that you have applied for the upgrade and emphasize that the agent contact you

immediately.

Some give the agent the power to accept for them. That has advantages and disadvantages.

All this recent "how do I get an upgrade" stuff fascinates me. You book the cabin you want. Simple.

No, it isn't so "simple." For Club Voyage members there's an opportunity to get an upgrade for $199 per person from one class of stateroom to the next (but not to an Ocean or Owners Suite) by requesting to be considered for one if the next class of stateroom happens to be available a month or thereabouts before embarkation.

So you would book the class of stateroom (e.g., oceanview, veranda, etc.) you would be content with and apply for a Club Voyage upgrade and hope you'll be lucky, as kittyluvnurse was above. If you feel, for example, that you really can't justify $1500-2000 more per person for a Club Continent Suite but would be happy with a veranda, book the veranda and put your name in for an upgrade if a CC Suite happens to be available, and, if it is, pay $199 per person for the upgrade instead. If one isn't available, you still have the veranda you're perfectly happy with. If you don't ask, someone else will get it.

Now that I think about it, that's a pretty "simple" process, too.

Edited by marinaro44

No, it isn't so "simple." For Club Voyage members there's an opportunity to get an upgrade for $199 per person from one class of stateroom to the next (but not to an Ocean or Owners Suite) by requesting to be considered for one if the next class of stateroom happens to be available a month or thereabouts before embarkation.

On the recent TA from Miami to Nice, we had booked a balcony. When we got the call from our travel agent to upgrade, we were offered the regular suite upgrade for $199 per person OR we could have an Ocean Suite for $1000 p/p OR the Owners Suite for $2000 p/p.

We were very happy we chose the regular suite because there were some very rough seas for a couple of days and the folks in the big suites felt more of "the motion of the ocean" than we did amidships on deck 8.

So you would book the class of stateroom (e.g., oceanview, veranda, etc.) you would be content with and apply for a Club Voyage upgrade and hope you'll be lucky, as kittyluvnurse was above. If you feel, for example, that you really can't justify $1500-2000 more per person for a Club Continent Suite but would be happy with a veranda, book the veranda and put your name in for an upgrade if a CC Suite happens to be available, and, if it is, pay $199 per person for the upgrade instead. If one isn't available, you still have the veranda you're perfectly happy with. If you don't ask, someone else will get it.

Now that I think about it, that's a pretty "simple" process, too.

Totally agree. Book the cabin you are completely happy with and apply for an upgrade as part of the LCV benefits. If you happen to get the call and don't like what is being offered then you don't need to take it. I've taken an upgrade half a dozen times now and it's always worked out very well, but it I know the ship and won't move to a cabin that is potentially noisy, even if it's a 'better' cabin.

Phil

As Marie Antoinette said. "Let them eat cake"

I love cake:D:D:D

Not quite sure why some people are getting their knickers in a twist. As LCV members we will apply for an upgrade and as before thanks to those who advised how we do it.

If we get the upgrade we'll be delighted. If we don't get it we'll still be happy knowing we're going to have a wonderful Azamara cruise just like all our others have been.

Not quite sure why some people are getting their knickers in a twist. As LCV members we will apply for an upgrade and as before thanks to those who advised how we do it.

A throwaway comment from someone who isn't familiar with the Azamara frequent cruiser benefits. I like cake too. Preferably the Flourless Chocolate Torte!:)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I doubt we would get a suite upgrade on our voyage, as the ship has been fully booked since October 2014.

However, I'm tempted to try, as I consider the 'perks' out weigh the extra cost, listed in importance to me:

a) 235 complimentary internet minutes ( per stateroom or per person?)

b) Complimentary dining in a speciality restaurant ( once or multiple times?)

c) afternoon tea

d) services of a butler

In the information section, as per the link provided by Phil, it states $398 (£274.74) per stateroom. Other posters say $199 (£137,37)per person (Which actually works out exactly the same)

However, my query is:

Is this amount on top of 'today's prices' or on top of the price on the date we booked. The prices have gone up by over 220% since we booked.

Edited by upwarduk

I doubt we would get a suite upgrade on our voyage, as the ship has been fully booked since October 2014.

However, I'm tempted to try, as I consider the 'perks' out weigh the extra cost, listed in importance to me:

a) 235 complimentary internet minutes ( per stateroom or per person?)

b) Complimentary dining in a speciality restaurant ( once or multiple times?)

c) afternoon tea

d) services of a butler

In the information section, as per the link provided by Phil, it states $398 (£274.74) per stateroom. Other posters say $199 (£137,37)per person (Which actually works out exactly the same)

However, my query is:

Is this amount on top of 'today's prices' or on top of the price on the date we booked. The prices have gone up by over 220% since we booked.

Internet minutes are per person.

Complimentary dining in specialty restaurants whenever you dine in one.

$398 is the additional amount you'll pay above what you've already paid for your stateroom.

Edited by marinaro44

A throwaway comment from someone who isn't familiar with the Azamara frequent cruiser benefits. I like cake too. Preferably the Flourless Chocolate Torte!:)

Phil

And perhaps we will get to enjoy cake together quite soon:D:D:D

Internet minutes are per person.

Complimentary dining in specialty restaurants whenever you dine in one.

$398 is the additional amount you'll pay above what you've already paid for your stateroom.

Many thanks, I took the plunge, but don't expect an upgrade, unless there are cancellations, as the cruise has been fully booked since October 2014.

Many thanks, I took the plunge, but don't expect an upgrade, unless there are cancellations, as the cruise has been fully booked since October 2014.

You never know. Good luck! If there are upgrades to be had then it's prioritised with LCV level and then when you applied (I believe).

Phil