Hotel Director Phillip

mauicruiser

We haven't been on the Quest for a couple of years after some six cruises on her. Phillip Herbert was the hotel director on those cruises. He is a charming and delightful asset to Azamara. We are now planning a cruise on July 11 out of Dublin and wondered if Phillip was still cruising. Anyone out there know? Thanks

We haven't been on the Quest for a couple of years after some six cruises on her. Phillip Herbert was the hotel director on those cruises. He is a charming and delightful asset to Azamara. We are now planning a cruise on July 11 out of Dublin and wondered if Phillip was still cruising. Anyone out there know? Thanks

He is on now. .not sure when he goes home again. thry are all nice and helpful.

You are right, Phillip is delightful. However, Azamara is very fortunate to have three superb Hotel Directors.

Whether you sail with Phillip, Heike or Ryzsard makes no difference. All are dedicated to providing us with the very best guest experience and flawlessly and without fuss sort out any minor issues that may occur.

Edited by Spursgirl

You are right, Phillip is delightful. However, Azamara is very fortunate to have three superb Hotel Directors.

Whether you sail with Phillip, Heike or Ryzsard makes no difference. All are dedicated to providing us with the very best guest experience and flawlessly and without fuss sort out any minor issues that may occur.

Totally agree Spursgirl. Azamara is fortunate to have 3 superstar Hotel Directors. They are all fantastic.

Speaking of superstars, the profile of our Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann has been uploaded to our website.

I've started a new thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49890288#post49890288

And here's the link to his profile on our website: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/meet-our-captains-and-crew/hotel-director-ryszard-gusmann

• 2 weeks later...

Mauicruiser:

FIRST -- tell ya what..........we'll leave the balcony light on for ya. We arrive in Dublin from Copenhagen on the Quest, which I think is ship that you're sailing.

SECOND - - two years ago, I wrote a SCATHING EXPOSE about both Phillips and that "so called" master of the ship - - Capt. Smith. AND I STAND BY THOSE STATEMENTS!!! THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

WHAT CAN I SAY?????????

They are the very BEST officers that I have EVER seen on ANY cruise ship. I praised Phillip in a CC post that he is the first and ONLY officer that I have seen going out in a pouring rain, water literally up to your ankles, helping guests to stay safe in a port. He was EVERY WHERE!!! Always friendly, helpful and with a smile on his face. I cannot get over how he directed traffic of the buses in the pouring rain (in his dress uniform, mind you), while at the same time telling passengers to stay inside the port terminal until the storm passed. He truly impressed me!!!

SECOND - - THAT Capt. Smith - - - - - what a wonderful experience!!! He had his family with him when we went to Israel two years ago, and he made us feel completely safe and at home. He constantly kidded with us, smiling, and always had one of his children with him. While on a tour in Bethlehem, who shows up??? The Captain's wife and son!!! What well mannered children.

I cannot wait go get on the Quest again!!!

Pat & Bernadette

Dallas