AFT CABIN 7121 ON jOURNEY

rabin1

Hello

I have never been on Azamara but have booked aft cabin 7121, Would any of you that have stayed in that cabin please give me the pros and cons.

Thank you for your help

Kathy

Can’t say anything about 7121, but I was in 8093 (directly above 7121) for the February 19 Australia & New Zealand cruise. The VX cabins are identical in size and layout to the other V cabins.

It was the first time we were in an aft cabin. I had read some Cruise Critic complaints about excess vibration, soot on the veranda, and noise. There was a slight vibration, but neither of us have been susceptible to sea sickness so it didn’t bother us. We never experienced a soot problem. 8093 is directly under the Sunset Bar and the Windows Café outside area. Very occasionally, we would hear the slight scraping of a chair, but it was certainly no problem.

Our traveling companions were in 7116 (the VX cabin next to 7121), and they also had no issues.

I really enjoyed sitting on the veranda with a glass of wine in my hand, and watching the wake of the Journey. Had room service breakfast there a few days. The aft views were fantastic.

Jerry

I was in 7121 on the Quest from Southampton to Montreal last fall and loved it. Same small cabin, maybe a little deeper since it has a suite next door, but the balcony is great, with lots of room. I would love that cabin again .... in fact I think we signed up for it on the 2018 Norwegian Fjords trip on the Journey. If you can't afford a suite, this is the next best thing. I believe we spent $1000. more on the 2018 Journey just because it was so good.

Do NOT give this up unless you have an aversion to wake and roomy balcony!

fern

Hello

Thank you for answering so honestly. I appreciate it. I would love to have a suite but I am alone and this is what I can afford. I have it booked and with your great references I am happy I did. I am doing next year the Dubai to Athens and really want it for down the Suez.

Thanks again

Kathy

IMHO the view off the aft of the ship is worth a lot. It's spectacular, night, day, sail away days. Lucky you. A little extra vibration in the back the ship, nothing serious or disturbing, but you will notice it.

IMHO the view off the aft of the ship is worth a lot. It's spectacular, night, day, sail away days. Lucky you. A little extra vibration in the back the ship, nothing serious or disturbing, but you will notice it.

Thank you. I don;t know about lucky. As pointed out above I had to pay about $1400 extra to be back there...............lol Since I could not afford a suite I am VERY happy with this

Again thank you all for your help

Kathy

Hello

Thank you for answering so honestly. I appreciate it. I would love to have a suite but I am alone and this is what I can afford. I have it booked and with your great references I am happy I did. I am doing next year the Dubai to Athens and really want it for down the Suez.

Thanks again

Kathy

Just be aware and depending upon how sensitive your are to it, but you won't get much breeze back there. I've done that route in an aft cabin a couple of times and it's HOT on the balcony during the day!

Just be aware and depending upon how sensitive your are to it, but you won't get much breeze back there. I've done that route in an aft cabin a couple of times and it's HOT on the balcony during the day!

Thanks for the info. I live in Ft, Lauderdale so am kinda sorta used to the heat. When I visited Egypt and Greece it was in August. But then I was a lot younger..............lol Hope I can deal with it this time on the balcony..

Kathy

I also have one of these aft cabins booked. In general we love them. We don't care about the size of our stateroom, but we love a larger balcony and views. We booked early and were able to get the VX as a two cat upgrade, so there was no difference in price for us. But here are my questions.

With such a friendly atmosphere on board AZ and long time friends often traveling together, has anyone experienced people in the adjacent suites holding noisy cocktail parties on their balconies next door?

Do the larger balconies include a lounger or foot rest?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this trip in an aft balcony!

With such a friendly atmosphere on board AZ and long time friends often traveling together, has anyone experienced people in the adjacent suites holding noisy cocktail parties on their balconies next door?

Do the larger balconies include a lounger or foot rest?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this trip in an aft balcony!

I've stayed on the aft a few times and it's always been very quiet. The VXs just have the standard table and two chairs as other balcony cabins. The balconies go deeper as you move up each deck. 6 is deeper than 7 which is deeper than 8.

I've stayed on the aft a few times and it's always been very quiet. The VXs just have the standard table and two chairs as other balcony cabins. The balconies go deeper as you move up each deck. 6 is deeper than 7 which is deeper than 8.

Thanks for the info! That's too bad about the furniture, but we will be happy for the extra room! We really enjoy these cabins!

Hello

I would like a lounge chair on the balcony as well. I am going to ask the cabin attendant for one once on board. Surely they can get just one from somewhere on the ship.

Have a great day

Kathy

Hello

I would like a lounge chair on the balcony as well. I am going to ask the cabin attendant for one once on board. Surely they can get just one from somewhere on the ship.

Have a great day

Kathy

The loungers are not like those on RC or Celebrity. They are large and heavy, constructed of metal and with padded cushions - nowhere near as easy to pick up and transfer. Additionally each balcony on Azamara has a ridiculously large heavy table which I'm sure is nice for those who want to dine on their balcony but takes up an unnecessary amount of room for the many who don't. I would think the balcony would just be too crowded with the table, two chairs and a lounger.

The loungers are not like those on RC or Celebrity. They are large and heavy, constructed of metal and with padded cushions - nowhere near as easy to pick up and transfer. Additionally each balcony on Azamara has a ridiculously large heavy table which I'm sure is nice for those who want to dine on their balcony but takes up an unnecessary amount of room for the many who don't. I would think the balcony would just be too crowded with the table, two chairs and a lounger.

Plus, the lounge chairs belong on decks 5, 9, and 11 where all passengers have the opportunity to use them.

[P.S.: The dining height table on verandas is a big plus over the typical low side tables on which one cannot comfortably have a meal.]

Thank you and I agree. I would not be dining on the balcony. Since I am in the aft I will just wait and see once on board. I might be able to just sit comfortably in one of the chairs. I am a sun-o-holic if there is such a word. I would much rather be by the pool as long as I can get a lounger & as long as I don;t have to chase someone or put there stuff on the floor for being a chair hog......... Hey that's the title of my post..........lol

Kathy

Plus, the lounge chairs belong on decks 5, 9, and 11 where all passengers have the opportunity to use them.

[P.S.: The dining height table on verandas is a big plus over the typical low side tables on which one cannot comfortably have a meal.]

I agree about the table height - it's lovely having breakfast on the verandah in warmer climes!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would wait and see what is going to work best for you on board. If you want a lounger ask, if it's possible (safe, space etc) they will give you one, though it might be a tight squeeze. There are plenty loungers on board including some smaller ones not used on deck so don't worry about depriving others of a chair if you do ask for one.

Hi,

Be aware that the railings/frontage in these cabins are actually solid metal to about 3 ft high so you will be unable to lie on a lounger (even if space/policies permit) and view the sea.

Personal experience as we have been in 7119 a few times.

Regarding flights do not forget that flight is 14 hours plus so I would be saving up for an upgrade as this must be among one of the longest non stop flights available.

We did LHR to Buenos Aires and that was hard enough in Club!!

Equally have you factored in 2 nights in Dubai at $300 per night.

You would not want to miss boat if flight went technical and you were delayed 24 hours .

I hope you enjoy your cheaper repositioning cruise.

I would wait and see what is going to work best for you on board. If you want a lounger ask, if it's possible (safe, space etc) they will give you one, though it might be a tight squeeze. There are plenty loungers on board including some smaller ones not used on deck so don't worry about depriving others of a chair if you do ask for one.

Thank you very much. There are always has to be someone in a thread trying to start trouble.

Most all of you have been more than kind

Blessings

Kathy

Hi,

Be aware that the railings/frontage in these cabins are actually solid metal to about 3 ft high so you will be unable to lie on a lounger (even if space/policies permit) and view the sea.

Personal experience as we have been in 7119 a few times.

Regarding flights do not forget that flight is 14 hours plus so I would be saving up for an upgrade as this must be among one of the longest non stop flights available.

We did LHR to Buenos Aires and that was hard enough in Club!!

Equally have you factored in 2 nights in Dubai at $300 per night.

You would not want to miss boat if flight went technical and you were delayed 24 hours .

I hope you enjoy your cheaper repositioning cruise.

Hi

I am very confused sorry. I understand about the solid metal. It is the sun I am always looking for. You would think I never see it. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and am 6 houses from the beach. I know it is a long flight of 14 hours. I have been to Africa twice and that was even longer flight over 18 hours. Yes I have factored in Dubai actually three days before the cruise. I want to do a couple of things. This is where I am most confused. I am not on any cheaper repositioning cruise. As stated earlier I am only the Dubai to Athens portion,

Kathy

Dubai to Athens is a repositioning cruise - into the Mediterranean for the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for explaining to me. I thought it was part of the world cruise. Azamara does not have it listed on the web cruise as a repositioning cruise but as the way I said Dubai to Athens. What do I know never been on Azamara before. I am one of these people that only goes by what I can see and read.

Kathy