An interesting new RC product

uktog

Hopefully the tours provided by GoBe will be competitive in price.

I think Larry is admitting here that Azamara's 'Land Discoveries' tours are highly overpriced.

And from the link:

"Unlike the cruise line-provided shore excursions that cruisers can buy onboard, GoBe doesn't have a "you won't miss the ship" guarantee. However, the site notes that its tour operators are aware of ship departure times and that "there is very little risk" a passenger will miss the ship. If a GoBe tour does cause a passenger to miss the ship, the company said it will make arrangements and cover the cost to get the person to the next destination to rejoin the ship."

Edited by upwarduk

I have looked at a couple I could have used for my up coming cruises. The pricing seems ok reflecting the individuality or small group nature of what's being offered.

Thanks for this info Ann. I will have a look at it. I'm struggling to get into Shore Ex on the Azamara site at the moment to compare.

Phil

We all are! Don't even try and print your boarding pass for our cruises!

I downloaded a brochure in dollar pricing for each of them last week I will email you them when I get home tonight

As an added comment.

This new service includes some urban audio tours that one can download. I'm partial to those since I can preview major sites and this permits some personal selectivity in terms of time allotment .

It also provides easy access to pre-purchase of HOHO tickets in select cities.

There is one amusing slip. On our itinerary the tour for St. Peter Port is actually one for St. Petersburg, Russia.

Thanks again to uktog. Without her post I would not have known about this useful service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
As an added comment.

This new service includes some urban audio tours that one can download. I'm partial to those since I can preview major sites and this permits some personal selectivity in terms of time allotment .

It also provides easy access to pre-purchase of HOHO tickets in select cities.

There is one amusing slip. On our itinerary the tour for St. Peter Port is actually one for St. Petersburg, Russia.

Thanks again to uktog. Without her post I would not have known about this useful service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An update after using this service to purchase an urban audio tour.

Whilst you can download the map for your selected tour, apparently you cannot obtain the audio portion thus limiting the preview possibilities. This is unlike other products that I have downloaded in the past, probably in an attempt to prevent sharing of said files.

For this reason the process is also slightly more complicated than I anticipated.

As the system becomes more popular we can hope for some reviews of the offerings.