Upgrade Fairy Has Visited!

firstmate63

We are due to sail on QE this Monday. OH was checking documents etc and discovered we've been visited by the upgrade fairy from an Ocean View on deck 1 to 4186. It is right at the back of the ship, we had chosen one low down and midships. Has anyone stayed in this cabin, if so what are the pros & cons

We are due to sail on QE this Monday. OH was checking documents etc and discovered we've been visited by the upgrade fairy from an Ocean View on deck 1 to 4186. It is right at the back of the ship, we had chosen one low down and midships. Has anyone stayed in this cabin, if so what are the pros & cons

I would consider it a decent upgrade & I can't see any cons except it is one heck of a walk back from the Commodore Club, but I seem to recall one of you is teetotal. Personally I like aft cabins so have to remain sober after my tipple in the Commodore each evening!! My next QE trip is an aft cabin too.

QE balcony cabins on deck 4 have a bigger deeper balcony :)

ive done 4175 and 8175 all was fine you are close to lifts and stairs C up for lido on 9 and down a flight to Britannia upper (lower dining is on 2)

the ship can twitch a bit at the stern during mucky weather but not uncomfortable at all

cabin was v quiet as was corridors

I think that's an "it depends" answer - if it was up to PG or QG, then probably yes and the price was right, if it was to Britannia Club, then probably no, same if it was between Britannia grades, unless I wasn't totally happy with the grade of cabin I had been allocated. I wouldn't pay extra to go from a sheltered balcony on QM2 to one of the BC or BB grade ones as I would be perfectly happy with a sheltered balcony, but I might pay to go from inside to balcony, but that's theoretical as I've only ever had a balcony.

BTW we were on deck 4 on QE - 4039 and I loved the fact that the balcony was huge, we used it quite a lot on the outbound part of our cruise, the fact it was metal fronted made no difference. It was a shame there were only chairs and not loungers as it could have accommodated them.

Edited by rakkor

Waiting for our stateroom assignment for Christmas. We booked a Grade DF Obstructed balcony guarantee and now if I try to make a fake booking on that sailing all of the obstructed balcony rooms are sold out. So maybe we'll end up in the next higher category which is a sheltered balcony (what we usually book).

The matter may be complicated by the number of ways the cruise can be sold: as a 26 day trip out of Soton, as 19 day trips out of Soton or out of New York, or as a 12 day trip out of New York as we've booked. If they're holding DF inventory for the 26 or either of the 19 day trips they may later release that back and we could end up looking at a lifeboat after all, I guess.

We are also waiting for our stateroom allocation on QM2 - booked a sheltered balcony guarantee and we sail from Southampton on the 19 November (only 3 weeks away) Check every day, sometimes twice a day, but nothing yet.

Always wanted to embark QM2 for a transatlantic and we're staying in New York for a few days before flying back to the UK. Getting sooooo excited!!!!:):D

We sail Eastbound on December 8th and am eagerly awaiting our stateroom assignment-we could only afford the very lowest grade of inside cabin but regardless we always look forward to knowing which cabin! The last time we bought this grade we were upgraded to a Club Balcony (I think that's what it's called-it's seemed the best cabin before an actual suite) so I feel we have used up all our upgrade fairy luck already in our lifetime! Five weeks today we will be on our way to the cruise terminal...can't wait!!! :):):)

Whiteladder, I'm still waiting for my stateroom assignment, too. It would be lovely if the upgrade fairy visited me. In all the cruising I've done, the UF has avoided me like the plague! :) But as long as the back of the boat gets to the destination at the same time as the front of the boat, I'm happy.