Travel Documents

Tothesunset

We will be taking our first Cunard voyage on QM2 TA NYC-Soton on 8 Dec.

We have received the luggage labels but wonder when to expect our other travel docs. We haven't opted to get these electronically so should I expect a package in the post at some point? Or is this all done electronically?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Whoa. What a rapid reply! Thank you so much for that. Best get a new cartridge for the printer, then.

:D I just happened to be passing ! Some travellers have reported that they didn't need them but I always print them and hand them over with our passports.

Bit confused, have your received your labels in the back of a booklet from Cunard or separate from your Travel agent ? if you've received from Cunard you'll need to print off an e ticket from your Voyage Personaliser , otherwise your TA should help you.

If your luggage labels are ready then so is your e ticket.

Edited to add ; Ooops I see you've already been answered:o

Edited by Bell Boy

Bit confused, have your received your labels in the back of a booklet from Cunard or separate from your Travel agent ? if you've received from Cunard you'll need to print off an e ticket from your Voyage Personaliser , otherwise your TA should help you.

If your luggage labels are ready then so is your e ticket.

The luggage labels came from Cunard in an A4-sized folder maybe 2 weeks ago. When I go to the VP it claims neither the labels nor the e-tickets are ready. However, I am content to wait another couple of weeks before contacting the TA if nothing further arrives.

I usually print just the first page of the e-ticket so to get in the door at the terminal without a hassle. They have everything in their computers. You could also load the whole mess on your phone or tablet like an airline ticket or email it to yourself. Some times they get the onboard credits wrong so having your entire booking info at your fingertips is key.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my voyage booklet today with the itinerary of formal nights, balls and informal nights. There were of course pages of info on the CunardCares insurance and a bunch of other wordy descriptions of various programs, etc. However, NO LUGGAGE TAGS! :(

For my last trip on QM2, the luggage tags were in the back of the aforementioned booklet but this time there was nothing. Not even a mention of them. Would they send them separately or should I just resign myself to printing everything from the personalizer site?

I got my voyage booklet today with the itinerary of formal nights, balls and informal nights. There were of course pages of info on the CunardCares insurance and a bunch of other wordy descriptions of various programs, etc. However, NO LUGGAGE TAGS! :(

For my last trip on QM2, the luggage tags were in the back of the aforementioned booklet but this time there was nothing. Not even a mention of them. Would they send them separately or should I just resign myself to printing everything from the personalizer site?

There has been several posts about passengers getting their voyage booklet without luggage tags bound in between last page and the inside back cover.

Happily, I did receive the booklet with four luggage tags ( 4 suitcases LOL) - printed out several more luggage tags on my black and white printer.

You don't say whether or not you have got a cabin number?

No cabin number = no tags in the back of the booklet.

You only get tags if you have a cabin number. Which for us in the UK means paying the full Cunard Fare. And if you pay the late Saver fare you don't even get the booklet (which I've only done once).

Just received our etickets for the 15th December voyage :D

Here's a quick question: We are sailing home on the 3rd January and it is quite possible that the etickets for that voyage will not come before we go away. Should we give the ta a ring and ask for advice or wait another couple of weeks to see if they come?

You don't say whether or not you have got a cabin number?

No cabin number = no tags in the back of the booklet.

You only get tags if you have a cabin number. Which for us in the UK means paying the full Cunard Fare. And if you pay the late Saver fare you don't even get the booklet (which I've only done once).

Yes, we do have a cabin number. We had booked a guarantee but got assigned a cabin about 4 days after booking.

If we must print them out it's not a big deal however I remember the Cunard tags were very oddly shaped and skinny; nothing like most other lines. Are they still that way when printed from home?

Yes, we do have a cabin number. We had booked a guarantee but got assigned a cabin about 4 days after booking.

If we must print them out it's not a big deal however I remember the Cunard tags were very oddly shaped and skinny; nothing like most other lines. Are they still that way when printed from home?

I think that could be the reason why. Because there is still the chance you could be given another room number - by way of an upgrade.

To get luggage labels you need to choose your cabin number and say you don't want an upgrade. That way, your room number is definite and won't change. I booked a Cunard Fare, chose my cabin number and said no to upgrade for the QM2 this year and got luggage labels in the back of the booklet.

I think that could be the reason why. Because there is still the chance you could be given another room number - by way of an upgrade.

To get luggage labels you need to choose your cabin number and say you don't want an upgrade. That way, your room number is definite and won't change. I booked a Cunard Fare, chose my cabin number and said no to upgrade for the QM2 this year and got luggage labels in the back of the booklet.

Ahh well that explains it. Let's hope for an upgrade! HAHA.

I am happy with our BV sheltered balcony but I wouldn't refuse an upgrade, to say BClub or PG! ;);)

I guess I will just print them out and be done with it. [unless that upgrade comes through! HAHA]